How do i fast without risking my mental health?

i want to be less fat to make my parents happy and fasting seems like the path of least resistance, but if i go for too long without eating my mental and emotional stability go completely out the window

is there a way to fast without risking another mental breakdown, or do i just have to deal?

1 Like

I think it depends on each of our bodies and circumstances! For me I feel really good when I fast, finally made it to day 4 as we speak, been having some trouble sticking to it as well since baby was born and I want to beat my postpartum record. (Pre-pregnancy record was 30 day fast, but I don’t think I’m anywhere close to mentally or physically even wanting that yet!)

What I always found with my fasts, is day 1 is pretty straight forward, day 2 also, day 3 starts to get tricky, that’s when all the obstacles, temptations, irritability and emotions are detoxing - if we can push through to day 5 we start to find the sweet spot and start feeling better mentally, (ie what people call mental clarity and even sometimes euphoria)

This being said, everyone’s experiences are different! Which day do you find yourself struggling the most mentally, and what kind of struggle are you feeling, can you describe it? :sparkling_heart::heart_eyes:

Alternatively, OMAD is a fantastic option if you can stay consistent with it, and we’ve had a lot of team members doing ADF for the last 2 months in our challenges and it’s getting them great results as well! But being consistent is key (sounds cliché, but we know this!!)

Describe a little more!! :sparkling_heart:

I’m sad to read you are doing this because you want to make your parents happy. They are the only ones who can control their happiness, not you or your weight.

Shift the mindset to yourself. You fast because you want to–not to make anyone else happy.

1 Like

ive never been able to go a full day without eating. if i skip breakfast and lunch i have some kind of major mental health problem by dinner

1 Like

Yes this too obviously a very good and most important point of all is to do it for yourself, I guess sometimes I forget to mention the obvious! Thanks for posting! :sparkling_heart:

Can you describe what kind of problems you feel? Do you also live with your parents, and do they support a fasting focused lifestyle? Do they support your goals if you live at home and they’re cooking etc. :sparkles: :pray: The more
specific you are then the easier it will be for us to help motivate and see what kind of alternative options can work for you :sparkling_heart::sparkles: