Fasting for freedom

Intro
Hello, I am spull, 34 F, and I am on my first extended water fast.

Why

• Boost weightloss progress
  • Start working on emotional eating habits (wow, I say the words “start working” about myself? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:not the “YOU NEED TO BE PERFECT FROM DAY 1!!”. Yep, selflove needed, but subtly shifting apparently
  • Autophagy / Detox
  • Mental clarity
  • Skin clearing

Long Term and Short Term Goals:
Short term: very happy if I reach 75 kgs this round!
Long term: I am 163 cm, (5’4 it seems?) and I’m aiming for sub 70 to start with, let’s see how I feel there but in the very long term I might go lower

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past
Emotional eating, not cooking my own meals (ie too much fastfood). Heart palpitations when trying to exercise (this is almost 100% healed though! this summer I did some running and omg that postrun feeling I love it, will start again after fasting!)

What is your game plan?
This year I’ve done OMAD since july and now I would like to do more deeper detox. And while the physical detox is lovely I feel like I will benefit the most from cleansing my mind and emotional chaos.
So now I’m doing a water fast! Last year around the same time I did a low cal diet of 800 / day through meal supplements, gained it back though because I didn’t have a good postdiet idea. Now I’m researching recipes and I’m actually excited to try some of them! What is it about looking at recipe videos though while fasting lol

How do I feel right now?
I’m on day 4 or 5. Lol, honestly unsure! #adhdbrain but yeah I am starting to feel really calm physically, first couple of days were a bit intense!
Got triggered emotionally yesterday and it was hard though. I had a protein cookie :frowning: it was not hunger. It was the mindless stuff down emotions…but I’m trying to choose to see it as ok anyways even if I know that was a fast-breaker and continuing. The emotional eating is my biggest obstacle.

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?
Accomplished. More intune with my thoughts and emotions. That there are better things to do than eat to calm myself. Much happier with my body and face!

Daily Affirmation
Progress not perfection and it’s okay to cry :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Is it possible to stall in weightloss whilst water fasting? Nothing’s happening.

How I’m feeling: It’s ranging from very happy to deep depression at the moment, mood swings! Could def be because of something else though.

10 more days feels…both like a huge stretch of time and too much and also “I want to do so much more but might not be safe”.

Might be some boredom. Yesterday was best when I was out for a small bicycle trip and getting some stimulation. I will look into this more

Daily Affirmation:
I am OK

2 Likes

Crap… I ate.

What do I do now :frowning: so disappointed + feel nauseous.

Addition: I am stressing out somewhat because of my ipcoming birthday 2/10 and I want to eat some dinner etc with friends. Refeed in time for that gives just so many days for remaining fast. Plus now I broke it. Do you just restart if it breaks? And I am irritated weight doesnt move at all.

I could try for 10 days starting now and see this as a midroll but how is it with hunger and ketosis, I might be out of that tomorrow… 6-700 calories consumed.

Hey… Don’t stress about it more…take time and see how you want to go about it. Or else maybe do a short fast.

2 Likes

Thank you for the message. I am trying to calm down. Focusing on the fact that it was “just” 6-700 kcal, not a huge binge. The thought that “f it, I screwed up, I can rather continue failing…” passed through but I dismissed that, which is progress indeed.

I’m resuming and let’s see how it feels tomorrow.

1 Like

Good… Try doing short fasts and break it slowly and redo fast again… But do not stress or feel bad it something goes not according to plan… We hv to try again that’s it.

Wish you well dear :slight_smile:

1 Like

So starting “semiover” today and setting a new duration, to mentally relieve myself of the feeling of defeat.

I also am trying the fasting stickers-idea with zones, seems great :slight_smile: didnt have stickers so my wb will have to suffice :grin:

Feeling better today.

Daily affirmation: just get up on that horse again! neighh :horse:

And thanks @Gwen19 for supportive messages! :blush:

2 Likes

Awesome, keep it up… You’ll do it! !

I couldn’t recommend this book more: * Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food

It will really put eating into context. You should NEVER feel shame about food or eating. If you have these types of destructive emotions the problem isn’t food but an unfulfilled, undernourished emotional hunger. Eating is just a coping mechanism not the root problem

2 Likes

@Kristy Thank you. Yes I am aware it is indeed emotional etc for me. And I added that book in my audiobook app just yesterday so here you are as a messenger angel to get me to action lol. Will check it out!

2 Likes

Satisfying to strike out one of the boxes! :grin:

Feeling hunger, headachy and irritable today but it will ease out I guess. Looking forward to ketosis again!

2 Likes

Are you taking any electrolytes? Salt? Keep up the AMAZING work!!

1 Like

Yeah, I take some pink salt and magnesium, potassium pills :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update:

I feeel the hungeeeerrrr… grooowoworrr >_> but I WILL make it through again. If I done it once it can be done again and it should be easier right cause not as long and intense backlog of bad eating, some of that should be cleared out because of the earlier fast-days.

My dad poked in his head briefly when he took my dog for a walk and noticed my whiteboard, he was impressed and I had to explain how it worked, about electrolytes etc. Cool stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well crap, falafel roll @ city centre. The sound of the fountain is relaxing me though and its a crisp autumn evening.

I am soothing a stressful evening. Have a hard time snapping into the 10 day… maybe I should purchase the mentioned audiobook. Is it triggering?

2 Likes

Get the book!

1 Like

@Kristy I had 1 credit available on audible so why not then…

Trying to make a plan… company of course :dog:

I feel so bloated! ><

1 Like

So spent late last night starting to listen to the book mentioned. It seems good!
I did the first exercise with a thumbnail big dark chocolate piece I had. Did not have any raisins… but whatever it was for the experience.

I wonder if this mini-meditative mode I got put in in conjunction has helped me this quick because I feel a lot more calm. Historically this has been somewhat true. If I’m close enough to a vibrational/emotional shift it takes very little to tip it in the right direction. Anyways, book seems like it can be a good thing for sure.

Mentally today: I feel motivated again and I re-drew (can you say it like that? sounds off!) a plan.

Physically: Ugh, nauseous and slightly dizzy. Wanted to bike down and get a sd-card for my videogame but bleh not feeling it. The card would help with the boredom though… :frowning: I have 60 minutes before I need to make a decision on this if I want to get it today so resting up.

Just ingested what I call the salt flush (0,5 teaspoon pink salt). Weirdly it tasted kind of good, well, not amazeballs ofc but definitely more than ok? Odd! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trying again…

Day 1, and I could do “rest of september” i guess before taking a break (baseline is omad) Dont want to weigh in ><

Feeling OK and renewed motivation. It helps keeping busy and staying generally “happy”/satisfied with life so aiming to focus on that while fasting.

4 Likes