Fasting at a Lower Weight?

Hi!

I’ve been a long time ‘lurker’ here but never really had the confidence to post so here goes… :smile:

I completed a 10-day fast back in June (11th-21st). I have a few health problems and recurrent eye infections, abscesses and ‘spots’ around my eyes that my doctor can’t explain. I had blood work done to see if I was deficient in anything to cause them but nothing showed up. I’ve done 4 rounds of antibiotics to clear them up since April and they keep returning. The only time they cleared was around the time of my fast so I definitely think fasting helps.
I also have psoriasis and hives which come and go. I have MODY diabetes and although I know fasting won’t ‘cure’ it as it’s genetic, it can only help.

I am the lower end for my weight and although I reaped many benefits from my last fast, I dropped about 10lbs which meant I was underweight (my BMI was 16 at the end of it). I have gained nearly all of the weight back and I’m OK with my weight now, even if I am still a bit thin. However, with my eyes really suffering and a recurring knee issue, I would like to fast again to help them heal. I’m currently on day 4 and would like to complete 10 days again. I think a much longer fast might be more beneficial for my health issues but I obviously cannot go any longer at my weight.

Does anyone else here fast from a lower weight? Are there any tips you could give me? I find I am quite lethargic all the time and I never get that high people talk about. I take Himalayan salt, potassium and magnesium. I drink black coffee and the odd Diet Coke (my addiction!) which I know is not allowed but I would lose the will to live if I had to quit!! I am quite an active person (normally I clock up 15,000+ steps per day) but I reduce my activity big time when fasting.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like