Extremely cold during fast

Im used to fasting and I always do good, but this time I decided to do a 7 day water fast. It went extremely good so I decided to do another one. But I started to feel extremely cold to the point where nothing could make me feel warm! I took hot showers, drank hot tea, and add cayenne powder to my water… but still my bones were so cold I had to break my fast! I always feel cold when I fast I can handle it, but this was different.

Whats causing this and how can I avoid this next time I fast?

Did you take supplementation during your water fast?

The keto-flu which often manifests as cold are common during water-fast and usually it is one of the hardest period and most people give up when they have flu like symptoms. It can be avoided if you are keeping yourself well hydrated with at-least 4 litres of water a day and supplementing with all essential electrolytes and vitamins. The reason for keto-flu is depletion of electrolytes and also possibly dehydration. During fast, you are replacing food with water too so normal consumption of water won’t be enough, it is encouraged to drink 4-6 litres of water a day during water fast.

Also in your case, are you sure it is just cold/flu due to water fasting?
It could be a viral infection too. What other symptoms did you have? Cough, sore throat, fever, chills?