Explaining water fasting to people

Hi everyone! I’m having trouble explaining to people when I am visiting friends and family etc why I’m not eating. I explain the water fasting decision and I stand by it 100%, but I find lots of people don’t understand or get offended when I can’t eat the food they made. Does anyone have any tips for this? I know of course that I just need to not care what people think, but it can be hard in some cases. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

2 Likes

I made a video specifically for people to share to friends, family and colleagues!

About fasting (water fasting AND OMAD)

5 Likes

I just don’t mention it unless it comes up or feels right. If it comes up because I’m not eating and they seem to be the type to be hostile about it I just casually say, “I’m fasting today.” If they ask why, “It’s personal.” Then, if I need to I’ll start spouting facts that they would NOT be interested in (I.E. did you know that many religions fast regularly for mental clarity & just as a sign of devotion to their diety. Some cultures do it as a sign of respect to the Earth…etc) and they’ll usually change the subject quickly :joy:.

1 Like