Dina's Daily Journal

Intro

Hello I’m Dina, I’ve dieted and struggled with diet programs my whole life. I was always a closet eater. I would eat a certain serving when others are around. Then when I was by myself, in my own private eating world, I would eat and stuff myself to the point of a food coma. And this would happen on a daily basis. Also, if I had leftovers, I would eat a certain amount during a meal and I would eat some of the leftovers and deny eating it if I was the one who ate any part of it. For example, if there was a piece of anything left, I would take a portion of it and slide or manipulate that piece to make it look like I hadn’t touched it. The fact that I lied about it said I had a serious problem. So that way of eating lead to my down fall of yo-yo dieting and not facing the seriousness of my negative eating. I tried a number of weight loss programs, and they all lead to me losing a great amount of weight. But the bad part came in when after the weight loss, I didn’t know or stuck around to learn how to maintain the weight. Which lead to my years and years of yo-yo dieting. One time I lose weight and earned an article about me in a local newspaper. Praising me on how I lose weight in such a short time. Now, those same people that read my article and witnessed my weight loss, I feel so ashamed to face those same people who complimented me back then. I gained at least about 50 of the 100 lbs back I lose during that time. I’m confessing in this post because I don’t really have anyone to share this/my story with without them looking at me and wondering “What happen to her”. I know for a fact because I’ve heard these same people talk about others and judged those who gained or couldn’t manage their weight loss. I have to say, it feels so good to type this out to get it off my chest.

Why

I’m doing this because the clothes I currently wear are too tight. I don’t want to hide behind baggie clothes anymore. I want to feel more comfortable in social situations and not hid from the camera. I’m tired of pains in my knees and other joints. To feel stronger. To manage new eating habits. To be a better example to my grandkids. As the weather changes, I want to wear and fit into my new exercise clothes. Also, because I’m tired of feeling sad, depressed, and ashamed of myself to the point where I’ve isolated myself from people who’ve know my past weight loss. Also, when I was overweight, I didn’t like how many insecurities I felt at the time. So, I’ve decided it’s time for me to take care of my health and begin to love and respect the one and only body God has given me.

Because I do remember how I felt after losing all that weight. And I want that feeling again. And I know it’s going to take work. And not just the quick fixes I went through in the past

Long Term and Short Term Goals:

My long term goal is to get to lose 50 lbs. Or Have a BMI range according to my weight and height.

My short-term goal is to teach myself a daily action to help me achieve and reach my long-term goal of losing weight.

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past

In between all stages of each one of the weight loss programs, I struggled with my self-esteem. I avoided a number of social events. When I’d lose weight, I use to go to events, but as I started gaining weight, I started keeping a very low profile or didn’t attend the event at all. Then I would lose weight and it was the same cycle over and over during my yo-yo stages. I especially dropped out of social events during the pandemic when and as I started slowly gaining the extra 50 lbs. back that I’d lose in 2019. 2020 was just my time to use as an excuse to eat and not learn how to maintain the weight.

** What is your game plan?**

As of now, my game plan is to use this site to write in my daily journal, practice habit tracking, and I’ve joined a couple forums to help me stay on track. I feel that journaling my feelings just may help me and reading a number of testimonies and learning that I’m not the only one. I’m certainly thankful for that.

I will be posting my fasting stickies’ on Thursday. My plan will incorporate: Intermittent fasting, OMAD, Keto, carnivore, ketovore and water fasting. You’ll see when I post my calendar.

How do I feel right now?

At this moment, I’m excited and scared at the same time. But, I plan to keep my “Whys” in mind. And stay diligent to the forums and ask for help when needed.

Daily Affirmation

I am unique and never compare myself to others. I release the need to criticize my body.

6 Likes

You’ve come to the right place!! 2021 is a year of new beginnings!

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad you have started your healthy journey. We are all here to support and encourage each other. One day at a time and you will achieve your goals soon enough. :pray:t5:

1 Like

I’m doing well today. I did OMAD. I’m currently reading the book “Atomic Habits”. And I also have the audible version so when I’m doing a project, I can listen to it and then go back over the book. I’m on chapter two.
And I’m practicing Tiny Habits outlined in the book, “Tiny Habits”.
Thank you for providing a place where I can share and be accountable.

4 Likes

Welcome… :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

This is another OMAD day, a 40 minute walk, worked on a project, read 1 more chapter, checked off my habit tracker, replied to at least 1 members post and posted my own journal. I started incorporating the “Atomic Habits” rules. Today I’m reading Chapter 3. I truly didn’t realize how hard it is to think about taking and concentrating on 1 step, 1 habit, 1 chore etc. at a time. I always want instant results. That’s why it feels somewhat strange to me when I’m the type of person who if I don’t see results right away, I get discouraged and give up. I’m certainly guilty and familiar with this concept especially when it comes to dieting, fasting and weight loss. This happens mostly when I’m trying to accomplish too much at one time. I’m still learning that achieving smaller habits work best. Because I’m learning that over time, the smaller habits eventually add up to big accomplishments.

1 Like

that book sounds delightful… yeah… it does test ur patience level, skills or other… good job… slow n low … that is the tempo…lol… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :expressionless: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :heart: :heart: :revolving_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sweat_drops: :thought_balloon:

1 Like

My Journal for 3/5/21

I feel good today.

This was my 2MAD today
I went to the market and counted that towards my walk for the day
I worked on a project
I read Chapter 4 of “Atomic Habits”
I replied to at least 1 members post and posted my own journal

I thank all those who have read my journal post with your likes, hearts and comments. It’s very encouraging to know I’m not alone.
That in turn encourages me to do the same for others.

5 Likes

To be honest, I ate wayyyy too many calories today. It’s embracing to admit that. But, I’m not discouraged about it. I will pick myself up and begin my new challenge of “No Sugar for 40 days”. It’s a challenge I’ve been contemplating for a while now. I’m looking forward to starting. One Day At A Time.

1 Like

I’m using my first 3 days as a detox cleanse. I know it’s going to be a challenge, but I’m going to do it. I have too. Also, I’m familiar with this detox program because I’ve done it before with great success. Believe me; I’ve tried a number of them before I found the one that was right for me. And I’ve also learned you have to found and choose the program that’s right for your specific body.

The books I’ve been reading are a tremendous help in starting and changing bad habits into good habits, different types of fasting, and of course different eating styles such as keto, carnivore, and ketovore. Yasmin’s youtube videos and others on youtube have been a great help on my journey to better health.

Since the weathers changing, I’m looking forward to getting outside and enjoying jogging the way I use to. I’ve always been a jogger and a swimmer. So it’s a routine I’m familiar with.

When covid started, and the colleges and centers were closed, it certainly interfered with my daily/weekly routine of swimming and gym activities. So I will be concentrating more on my jogging and small hand weights with more reps, but first things first. My no sugar day starts today. ONE DAY AT A TIME

I’m glad I have this forum to express myself. It’s helping me a lot. I’ll update my Day 1 tomorrow.

2 Likes

So far I’m doing well. I’m Day 2 of my 40 Day No sugar challenge. It felt so good to pull off the Day 1 sticky. I woke up this morning with a slight headache. But once I drank some water and my electrolytes, I felt better.
My motto, “ONE DAY AT A TIME”.
Still reading my book “Atomic Habits”. Which keeps me on track with my habits. And continuing to be encouraged by this forum and youtube videos.

I’ll update my Day 2 tomorrow.

3 Likes

I have 5 more hours to complete Day 3. I went to the market today and made sure I stayed on the outside perimeter of the market. My old tendency was to not only pick up some extra snacks for myself, but I’d also stop at a fast food place to top off the huge amount of snacks I’d buy. Then I would go home and hide my foods. Especially the snacks.
So today, I didn’t have the urge to do that. I’m trying to take “ONE DAY AT A TIME”.
but after I came home from the market, I had a situation that could have caused me to eat. It’s funny, when the situation happened, I literally went to the kitchen to get something that I knew would be bad for me. Thank God I didn’t. I instead made myself some tea with MCT oil.
And that stopped the cravings. But to be honest, my body said “No, I shouldn’t”, but my mind said “what harm will it do, you can just start over tomorrow”. That’s why I need to keep the “whys” of why I’m doing this in the first place.
One step, one day, one moment at a time. Thank goodness for this forum in reading others testimonies of their personal struggles, Yasmin’s videos, other fasting youtube videos, and the book entitles "Atomic Habits. Thank you all for your feedback and encouraging words.

2 Likes

I’ve completed Day 4 :hugs:. On my way to Day 5 :star_struck:
I wanted to make sure I journeyed today so I could cross off one of my habit trackers. I was about to go to bed and almost forgot. But thanks to my habit tracker sheet, I remembered :grin:.
Thanks Yasmin for the habit tracker sheet :kissing_heart:.

2 Likes

I’m at Day 5 :hugs:. Just checking in to make sure I post so I can stay consistent in posting my journal :star_struck:.

3 Likes

I’m on Day 6 today.
I had the privilege of pulling my Day 6 smilie post-it sticker off my board :hugs:.

1 Like

I’m on Day 9 today. I was so tired the past 2 days from keeping myself busy, that I forgot to log in on my journal. But, I’m still going :hugs:

1 Like

I’m on Day 10 of my fasting and no sugar challenge :hugs:. So far I’ve been drinking ceremonial green tea and water to help keep my cravings under control.

My motto, “ONE DAY AT A TIME”. I have to keep this in mind.

Also, I’m continuing to read my book, “Atomic Habits”. It’s helping to keep track of incorporating new habits while helping me get rid and how to change some of my old habits.
I’m also continuing to look at fasting videos, reading other books in my relaxing time and working on various projects :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I completed Day 10 :hugs:. I’m hanging in there :white_check_mark:.

Cravings have certainly gone down. I extremely happy about that. It was hard the first few days, but I’m so happy I stuck it out.

Sometimes I think because I was so use to having something sweet after each meal, that I had that shadow thought of something was missing (something sweet). But I know now that that shadow might be with me at times. And it’s up to me to remember to keep my mind of the goal :+1: :trophy:

2 Likes

I’m on Day 11 of my journey :hugs:. Short check-in this evening, I’m about to wind down for the evening.

Day 13 for me. Forget to check my own journal yesterday.
I’m doing good. I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and that kind of stressed me out. But, I didn’t give in to sugar. Kept my eyes on the :trophy: :hugs:

2 Likes