Dee's Daily Journal

Day 5

CW: 142.4

Feeling pretty good today but missing food out of boredom I think. Ran 3 miles this morning and did a bit of weight training. Then had a bit of sea salt, ACV, and lemon juice as a pick me up which worked well. Powering through!

3 Likes

Day 6

CW: 140.6

Today is day 6 and Iā€™m feeling pretty good but not optimal. I ran 3 miles this morning and felt pretty sluggish the entire run. Contemplating breaking my fast today with bone broth to get an extra lift in energy and to get the comfort of a warm bowl of broth honestly. Also, Iā€™m starting to miss my longer distance runs and weight lifting. IF I do decide to break my fast today, Iā€™ll still feel accomplished with another consecutive month of incorporating a 5 day reset. And, this is the first 5 day fast that I didnā€™t have a splash of creamer in my coffee! Hopefully I can push through and afterwards have a nice clean keto refeed.

2 Likes

@DeeTabor just a thought before you break your fast, if you are just feeling a bit sluggish, take some electrolytes. If that doesnā€™t give you a boast, then by all means do whatā€™s best for you! Listen to your body. Iā€™m thinking that you may have depleted your salts with your runā€¦ :heart:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s was good idea @Shawna_Weekley ! I put some electrolyte powder in my water so Iā€™m waiting to see if this gives me a pick-me-up. :muscle:t4: Thank you!

3 Likes

I read that Green Tea helps with sluggishness, tooā€¦

2 Likes

I heard that too once and that it also suppresses the appetite. :grinning: I have some here so Iā€™m going to give it a try this week. Thinking of starting another short term fast this week to do one more cleanse before I transition to a plant based diet. I ended up breaking my fast on Saturday with bone broth but I felt really good about it, 5 1/2 days strong, no regrets at all. Iā€™m going to post in here if I decide to do another 5 day this week because it was so helpful and encouraging communicating with you all last week during my fast. What a wonderful community. :heart: Thinking of joining the zoom calls! @schmidtsmia

4 Likes

@DeeTabor I think you should join the zoom calls. Iā€™m in the 8:30pm EST. I find them very helpful and @Yasemin will also add you to the chat group via fb messenger. Everyone is so supportiveā€¦ think about it :grin:

2 Likes

I am in the 3 p.m. call, 'cause I am in Germany, and
8:30 p.m., EST, is too late for me. I plan on staying in
the zoom chats, until the end of September, or even
October, because I gots me 60 lbs to release. I got
to get it off, asap, due to a unhappy knee. I can
HIGHLY recommend those Zoom calls. And I just love
watching the progress of my fellow fasters. We are
all in the same boat. Do join!

2 Likes

This is wonderful to hear regarding the zoom calls!! @schmidtsmia Iā€™m definitely going to join in the near future because I could really use the extra motivation and inspiration to achieve my goal weight and to sustain a fasting focused lifestyle. Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

@schmidtsmia Just registered for the 7/30 challenge! Iā€™m excited!

3 Likes

Oh, hurray! It will not be long until you reach your goal weight. That is so cool. Are you going to the 8:30 call or the 3 p.m. call? I am happy for you!!!

1 Like

@schmidtsmia Iā€™m starting another fast today and Iā€™m joining the 3pm call. Iā€™m so excited to complete this 7 day fast and to be apart of the calls!

7 Day Fasting Challenge - Day 1

Today is day 1 of my second fast this month. I completed 5 of 7 days recently and excited to push through to the entire 7 days this time!

CW: 147lbs

Iā€™ve retained a bit of water due to it being that time of the month so hoping to shed this water weight and some fat. 135 here is come!

1 Like

135 lbs. will be here faster than you think. Congratulations!

3 Likes

7 Day Fasting Challenge - Day 2

CW - 144.2lbs

Started day 2 off with some reading and a 30 min elliptical workout. I feel pretty good thus far. Staying strong!

About to play with my babies :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

7 Day Fasting Challenge - Day 3

CW - 142.4

Starting off day 3 feeling good! I took the twins on a 30 min walk and now Iā€™m just playing with them and relaxing/resting up for the workweek. I also plan on knocking a few items off of my todo list.

3 Likes

7 Day Fasting Challenge - Day 4

CW - 140.6

Today is hard! I am feeling super low energy and barely made it through my workout. I couldnā€™t even run the full distance so I ran 1 mile, walked 2.6, and then took the twins out on a 1.4 mile walk. I am about to get some salt and electrolytes in me and see if that helps. Pushing through to day 7 and excited to see the 130ā€™s tomorrow!

2 Likes

I hear you! I know the feeling. Hang in there! You are more than halfway done.

2 Likes

7 Day Fasting Challenge - Day 5

CW: 139.2

Day 5 going well thus far! I had a bit of dizziness this morning so I had a bit of salt with electrolyte drink and that helped tremendously. Day 7 feels like itā€™s right around the corner!

4 Likes

HURRAY for DEE!!! See, it did not take so long, you are almost there. Talk about fast, LOLā€¦get it? ā€œFastā€???
Well done! And congratulations.

4 Likes