Danya's Fasting Journal

Hello,

I’m very new to water fasting and happy to have stumbled upon this forum. :grinning: I’ve done two water fasts so far - one for 3 days one for 5 days, I’m amazed how effective it is and that its even possible. I had always assumed that going without food for more than 2 days was instant death.

So far I’ve learned its important to have magnesium, sodium, and potassium and to keep hydrated. I purposely stayed inside for most of my fasts - fearful I’d faint. However to my surprise, I discovered on my most recent fast that once I’m past day 3, I seem to have more energy.

After breaking my last fast, I made excuses to over eat - as I always do - so I’m eager to jump back in. I’ve decided to start a 9 day fast to take me to the end of the month. Starting on a Friday or Saturday has always works best for me since my weekends are pretty low key and its at the beginning of a diet that I need the most rest.

Why:
To gain control over my eating and to finally meet my ultimate weight goal. I’d also like to see if I’m one of the lucky ones who finds fasting helps with anxiety.

Long term - 140, Short term - stick to a 2 week fast.

Struggles: Binge and stress eating.

Game Plan: Get to the end of this month on a water fast starting today. Try intermittent fasting with 2 day/week water fasting for a week or 2, then do a 15 day water fast. I’m new to this so I’m keeping my game plan flexible.

Positive affirmation: “I am joyfully and healthily achieving my weight loss goal”

4 Likes

Well done for the previous fasts! Keep us informed how is this one going :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::kissing_heart:

Cheering for you too :grin::beers:

2 Likes

Didn’t start fasting two days ago as planned. The thought of going more than a few days without food, made me hungrier. So, although I’m a little frustrated because I’ll be re-losing weight for a few days, I’m back on track having completed a full day water fast today. I’m focusing on 7 days and have 1 day down.

I’ve decided to commit to posting here at the end of each day as a way of motivation.

3 Likes

Yes, you do need that much potassium. I’m not certain why comes in small amounts but most of the Whole Foods we eat are rich in potassium so we don’t usually need to supplant as much. Also getting too much potassium can be down right dangerous. It’s all water weight. After a re feed expect to put it back on

1 Like

Ho hum back to the start tomorrow. I was 180.4 this morning then I caved into my hunger and had two Aitkens peanut butter cups. My daily cals are still low and I’m in Ketosis but I’m off the water fast. Day 4 is my nemesis.

2 Likes

Stuck to water fasting today but didn’t look at the scale. I don’t want to see the regain I may have from eating yesterday. Since this is technically a new day one for water fasting, I had a lot of energy so I went for a long walk.

A personal achievement today - I stayed on the water fast despite two things happening that normally would lead me to stress eating. I’m getting better at not letting unpredictable life events to impact my food choices.

2 Likes

Day two (again) and it went very well. I’m back at 180.4, stuck to my water fast and took my supplements - so no weakness or headaches. I estimate that I walked over 12k steps and finally had a bm (after a week of things not moving). I’m hopeful that tomorrow I will finally see the 170s.

3 Likes

I feel better today and was down to just over 174 this morning. I’m surprised I’m not plateauing yet but no complaints.

1 Like

Congrats on your success!

1 Like

Wow - They weren’t kidding when they said “don’t trust a fart” while water fasting! :poop:
I didn’t weigh myself today because I’m mad that I broke my fast yesterday. Back to day one, I had lots of water with salt and then went for a long walk. Half way home and still a good 15 minutes from my house, I realized that I had to go the bathroom - immediately! I made it home with my butt clenched so tight I could have made a diamond, and got to the toilet JUST in time! Need to sew a button back on my jeans though. :grinning:

2 Likes

Diamond!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Day 3 of water fast and 177lbs. The day I broke the fast really set me back. I want to see the 160s soon!

1 Like

Broke my fast yesterday. Badly!! Found a box of chocolates I had bought for Christmas and ate 'em! So, back at it again. I’m at 177 this morning. So I’m staying in the 170s at least.
I know the problem. I need to exercise instead of walking near food stores and I need to find something to motivate me so I won’t get bored. I made a list of things to do, but when hungry I don’t feel like doing anything.

2 Likes

Nov 13, the dreaded Day 4. A little frustrating since that was my weight over two weeks ago. I started to get a migraine last night so I took a Nsaid and I woke up with only a mild headache. Although I’ve taken lots of supplements today, I think I’ll need a headache pill tonight as well. This symptom was kind of predictable, since I often get a headache when entering ketosis, whether water fasting or not.

1 Like

How bad are your migraines? Outside of fasting I mean? Mine were so debilitating I couldn’t go out in sunlight, I threw up everything, and couldn’t sleep. Meds didn’t work. I started getting botox shots every 12 weeks and praise the gods no migraines!

I hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

I’m so happy your headaches are much better! Day 5!? That’s awesome! Congratulations!

1 Like

Glad you’re over your bug :heart_decoration: wishing you well.

2 Likes

Hi Danya! I can relate to lack of sleep while fasting! Which is odd because I think our stress hormone/cortisol levels go up when we don’t sleep, which for me personally causes weight gain. :confused: Hope you get some rest soon :heart:

2 Likes

Congrats on getting to day 4! :grinning:

2 Likes

So, I’m HAPPILY on day 2 again and learned that my body doesn’t want to do more than a 5 day water fast. I love water fasting and its many benefits such as how great my skin looks and the weight loss. However, despite taking all the necessary supplements and electrolytes, day 6 is often too much for me.

4 Likes