Danya's Fasting Journal

Nov 30 Day 2 again. Today I was incredibly hungry so I hope to see at least a 1 lb drop tomorrow.

3 Likes

Dec 1 Day 3 I’m definitely in ketosis but no weight is coming off.

3 Likes

You got this @Danya! I’m sure your whoosh is coming :muscle:t3: :100: :fire:

2 Likes

Day 2 - Dec 4: I walked for about a half hour both yesterday and today, had just water and a cup of black coffee and didn’t look at the scale. I don’t want to look at the scale for several reasons; I may be disappointed or over confident and decide to eat.

2 Likes

Day 4 - Dec 6: Made it to day four and so far so good. I’m literally sniffing a bag of cheese bread sticks right not I’m so hungry. I haven’t stood on the scale yet this fast and I plan to weigh myself tomorrow or the next day.

2 Likes

I do the “Food-Smelling” thing too, a couple days into a fast. LOL.

Good job on getting to day 4!!

2 Likes

Day 5 - Dec 7 I avoided looking at the scale and felt sick most of the day. The second half of the day I was itchy and noticed hives on my thighs and back. Since I don’t have allergies and wasn’t eating, I assume this may be a fasting symptom. I also felt fevered by evening although the thermometer showed a normal temperature. I figured that whatever the cause of the heat, its probably burning calories so I slept with the fan on and stuck it out.

Today - Dec 8 - I broke the fast but ate only 900 cals all day and went for a long walk. All the sick feelings and hives, except for the itchiness, were still there in the morning . In fact the weakness was worse. Slowly however, as I ate through the day, the symptoms started to go away. I still feel hot for some reason though.

I expect with todays eating that my weight will be up a bit tomorrow, however I’m jumping back into another 5 day fast.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you have a rash! I’m not a medical professional but it kinda sounds like the infamous keto rash that is very common. I hope you are not uncomfortable and that you get over it soon!

2 Likes

Thank you I feel much better. It went away - thank goodness

1 Like

Back at it . I’ve been stress eating like crazy so I NEED to get back on track
Deciding today if I’m going to start tomorrow or the next day. We’re in a lockdown where I live, so that limits temptations a lot.

Starting on Tuesday my fast will consist of a morning coffee without sweetener and then water for the rest of the day. I’m taking today and tomorrow to clear up some food - bananas yogurt milk - stuff that will go bad during while I’m dieting and are healthy to eat now as I lower my caloric intake in preparation for my fast. I had a banana, protein powder, yogurt and milk smoothie today and I’ve exactly enough to have one tomorrow. Other than that, I’ve dug out my supplements and I’m adding melatonin. During past fasts, insomnia was an annoying side effect.

When I get into my fast, I’ll probably do yoga or other easy exercises, until then I’m walking a lot. I went to the park today expecting it to be empty with our current lockdown and it was packed! I guess I wasn’t the only one desperate to enjoy the fresh air.

1 Like

Day one going great so far. I’m trying not worry about the upcoming hunger which starts on day 2 but will dissipate around day 4. I just have to stick with it. I’ve a lot of energy at the beginning of a fast so I went for a long early morning walk.

I’m also trying not to focus on how disappointed I am with my weight. Instead of thinking about how much I currently weigh, I imagine how much I want to weigh!

1 Like

Day four down and so was my weight. Problem is that I was and still am super hungry. I spent my afternoon staring at eating videos.
Insomnia and super cold feet symptoms started last night and I expect tonight to be much the same. Other than that, I’m still worried that I’ll get a splitting headache and I’m making a list of things to do this weekend that should keep me busy.

1 Like

Day three of a restart. Ho hum, but I’m doing well. The problem that made me stress eat is still an up in the air situation but I’ve decided to try and use my fasting as a way of taking my mind off of what I can’t control. It will all work out as it should I expect.