Cindy's Journal

Morning weight and ketone strip:

I’m one pound away from my college graduation weight (graduated June 2020). It is still not a healthy range for my 4’11" frame, but it feels good to see this number anyway! Not sure I trust the ketone strip today, but oh well. Now off to work…

3 Likes

Second round of fasting/Day 2

Morning: It’s weird to feel hungry in the morning because I’m not a breakfast person. Not thirsty yet, so I didn’t drink any water.

Afternoon: Felt annoyed and irritated while at work. Mental focus and concentration was not quite there either. Kind of spacey and wanted to mentally check out :roll_eyes:. Drank some water because my stomach was grumbling.

Evening: Low key hunger all day and continues now. I cooked some spaghetti for my sister and hearing her eat food and chit chat is so annoying haha. I just want to be alone, surf the net, and probably go to bed early! I hope tomorrow is better because I really can’t be grumpy and need a lot of mental energy while working with kids. :crossed_fingers:t3: :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Morning weight and ketones:

My pants are finally starting to feel like they fit better. At my higher weight I felt like a busted can of biscuits and constantly aware of my muffin top when sitting down. Some people would say just go buy a bigger size, BUT I DON’T WANT TO :triumph:. Fasting helps me save money and then I can fit into smaller sized clothes that are already in my closet! Don’t feel like going to work today, but going anyway…

3 Likes

Cindy, you are doing great !! I could relate to having an easier time fasting when alone … funny how internally annoyed I can get with things that normally don’t bother me :slight_smile:. Keep up the great work !!! You got this ! :clinking_glasses::bouquet::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Look at you Go!! Great job!

1 Like

Second round of fasting/Day 3

Morning: Mood: I wanted to stay in bed and not go to work. Wanted the day to be over already :laughing:. Low key hunger, same as yesterday. Not thirsty, so I didn’t have any water.

Afternoon: Felt like I was on edge and exasperated by everything :angry:. The kids at work noticed my mood today too. I almost broke my fast during lunch time! But I wanted to complete a full 72 hours, so I didn’t eat anything. Drank some water but not much.

Evening: Ordered and picked up some food from a restaurant (BAD IDEA): 1/2 roasted chicken, salad (it was tiny), lots of fries, and fried plantains. And then I had diet root beer and chocolate :grimacing:. I ignored my “I’m full” signal and ate more for the sake of eating because it tasted good. I thought I could eat a few fries and be okay…NOPE *face palm. Oh well, lesson learned. Starting my third round of 72 hour fasting now.

My re-feed meals need to be planned, low carb, and ready to go! That’s how I was successful on Thanksgiving Day. Can’t be hard on myself though because last year I didn’t have the mental discipline to do a 72 hour fast. My fasting muscle is stronger and I have this forum to keep me motivated, inspired, and accountable :heart: Keep on keepin’ on y’all and happy fasting/feasting! We got this :muscle:t3: :100: :fire:

2 Likes

Thank you @Kyle and @Stacia! I should have read your wonderful comments before my re-feed meal haha. Oh well. Back at it now! :heart:

2 Likes

Morning weight and ketone:

Mood is so much better and I actually slept an extra hour :grinning: Now off to work…

2 Likes

Third round of fasting/Day 1

Morning: Energy and mood really good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! Not thirsty, so I didn’t drink anything.

Afternoon: Mental focus and concentration was back. Still not thirsty, but had my water with me just in case. My boss brought a lot of snacks for everyone at work like chocolate, pop chips, and granola bars. But I was not tempted to eat any of it! :muscle:t3:

Evening: Still feel good and not thirsty or hungry. My sister asked me if I was eating today and I said no! I’m not annoyed with her eating and chatting like I was yesterday :rofl: Why can’t fasting days be like this everyday?

3 Likes

Morning weight, ketones, pictures, and measurements!

Neck: 13.5" (lost 1.5")
L arm: 12.5" (-0.50")
R arm: 12.5"
Bust: 37" (-1.0")
Underbust: 34" (-1.0")
Waist: 34" (-2.0")
Hips: 39" (-2.0")
R thigh: 23" (-1.0")
R calf: 14.5" (-0.50")
L thigh: 22.5" (-1.0")
L calf: 14.5" (-0.25")

I’ve lost 10.8lbs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! My biggest surprise is the measurement change in my neck :rofl: Like, really?? I was hoping for more in the waist and hips, but oh well. I will take it! Now off to work…

**What I put in my water-which comes from Cole Robinson/Snake Diet
1 liter water + 1/2 t. No Salt + 1/2 t. baking soda + 1/4 t. Himalayan pink salt + 1/4 t. epsom salt. When the water is super cold, it tastes like almond milk to me :woman_shrugging:t3:? Some people hate the taste of this mixture haha.

4 Likes

Third round of fasting/Day 2

Still low key hungry all day and drank water. I’m pretty motivated to get out of the 130’s weight range and into the 120’s. SO. READY.!! :heart_eyes: Brought out my smaller sized clothes and hoping to wear them in this cooler weather soon :crossed_fingers:t3:

I think I will stop doing the daily ketone and weight checks because I see the timing and pattern with my body now. The 72 hour daily entries are pretty much the same! Perhaps I will do an update weight check the morning of re-feed days instead…

My re-feed meals and maintenance phase will be more interesting and challenging. I definitely need habits for the long run and not keep gaining and losing the same pounds! So, I will start taking photos of my re-feed meals to help me stay accountable. It’s time to analyze my eating habits and journal how I feel about different foods and volume of foods that I eat!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and happy fasting/feasting!! :v:t3: :four_leaf_clover: :heart:

3 Likes

Good job Cindy! You are impressive to watch!

Thanks for the updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, @Kyle. Your comment warmed my heart! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Third round of fasting/Day 3
Ended fast early: fasted a total of 66 hours
Re-feed: one meal, 3 hour window

Morning weight and re-feed meal:

Sooooo today was my re-feed day. I got a shrimp fajita meal without the tortillas and DID NOT eat the rice and refried beans. I felt SO GUILTY when I threw the rice and beans in the trash :sob:!! The meal itself was really good, however, I drank regular soda and that started a chain of sugar cravings. Later I ate: 6 Aplets & Cotlets/Dessert Delights (fruit and nut candies), 2 mini Midnight Milky Ways, and 1 cup of Ben & Jerry’s Tonight’s Dough ice cream. Sighhhhh :roll_eyes: :expressionless:

My knee jerk reaction is to be hard on myself for going on a sugar spree and start bingeing. In the past, I would think “I mest up, so might as well eat everything I want” all-or-nothing mentality. But that was an old habit and I want new habits! Must try to be positive and learn from today…

Right now, I’m not overly full and feel pretty satisfied. I did not eat the whole packages (I have 2 boxes) of fruit and nut candies or all the chocolates or all the ice cream. Could I have done better? Yup. So, what can I do different next time? Well, no more soda or sugar drinks with meals because that sets me off. I drink soda like it is water and it may be hard, but I just need to find another “fun” drink that won’t cause sugar binge cravings. One small change at a time! :ok_hand:t3: Starting my fourth round of 72 hour fasting now.

3 Likes

How long is your refeeding phase? How many days/meals

2 Likes

Hi @Tashika! I eat one meal on re-feed days and it lasts anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. Around the holidays, I stop fasting and eat 2 meals, probably for 4 days. :slightly_smiling_face:

I love this mentality of recognising old habits but favouring building new ones!

2 Likes

Wow, I would love to eat all that stuff :laughing:

1 Like

Fasted: 48 hours
Workout: 30 minute “walk at home” from YouTube
Re-feed: one meal, 1 hour window

Morning weight, re-feed meal pics:

My re-feed meal was super yum and satisfying :yum: :heart:. I ended up eating 3/4 of the salmon, 2 helpings of the caesar salad (no croutons), and 2 deviled eggs. Then, I was full but not stuffed! I found a caffeine-free herbal chocolate tea and loved the taste. My favorite creamer is an almond milk creamer by Silk and I actually put too much. That is something I never thought I would say in my life! Usually things are not sweet enough, so perhaps my taste buds are finally changing?

Proud of myself for not drinking any soda with my meal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. This made such a difference, because right now I have no cravings for candy or dessert. Knowing I would post pics of my re-feed meal also helped me be more disciplined tonight! Overall, feeling positive and content with my choices today and will now start fasting again.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week! :muscle:t3: :fire: :100:

5 Likes

@TinyHands It tasted good but the sugar binge was not worth it :rofl: I will do better next time :muscle:t3: :fire: :100:

2 Likes