Body Changes During Fasting

Hello everyone.
I’m so glad I found this site! I belong to a ketogenic forum as well. I love that community but so many members don’t really understand water fasting. I educate as many as I can abt water fasting, but it’s the wrong forum for what I’m into. :joy: A good ol’ deep interior cleaning!

For my first post here, I have a really delicate question to ask…. And I need honest insight.

I’m used to the body odor while I’m fasting. You bathe and move on knowing that your body is performing a deep cleaning.

This is my first 30 day fast (day 26 today). But today the body odor is accompanied by (OMG!!! I’m so embarrassed to say this 🫢) a dark female fluid that concerns me. My lady parts were surgically removed years ago, so it shouldn’t be spotting or menopausal related. Maybe it is.
Any opinions from you?

Thanks I’m advance.

2 Likes

Welcome to our fasting community.
It could just be a detox symptom, I have only heard once of something similar through a friend. I believe it was the body getting rid of anything that was not good, even old medication, basically just detoxing and cleansing the body of harmful things in the system. If it continues then do go to your doctor. Hope this helps. :pray:t4:

1 Like

Thank you @Overcomer
I kind of felt that’s what was going on too. Just nervous as this is my first 30 day fast.
2 days to go!!!

2 Likes

You are welcome!
And well done on your fasting achievement of 28 days wow! Very impressive.

Another thing is if it is your body detoxing, you might want to do another fast after your refeed to finish your cleansing if it’s not finished detoxing yet.
Hope the next 2 days go smoothly :pray:t4::pray:t4:

@Overcomer, yes, I am thinking of doing another 10-15 day fast shortly after I recover my strength. Maybe end of March, beginning of April.

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Wondering how long it will take to regain pre-fasting strength….
It’s day 9 post fast (30 day water only fast). Refeeding has been going wonderfully! Lots of reading during the process and decided to take the advice of DRs William Davis (Wheat Belly) and David Perlmutter (Grain Brain) and give up wheat and grains too. Having THE BEST veggie meals! Adding some cheeses (feta, Parmesan, mozzarella, and cheddar) and lots of spinach, tomatoes, kale (I never knew kale was so good in so many different ways!:heart:), broccoli, cauliflower, green beans…. OMG!!! Food is sooooo good! The flavors taste so clean and pure it makes me wonder what it all tasted like before the fast!?!
One drawback…… I’m having a difficult time regaining my strength. It’s day 9, and I run out of gas right in the middle of whatever I’m doing. I feel fine until I don’t. And when I don’t…. I’m just dead in the water for abt 30 - 45 minutes. Then I can find the strength to finish my task at hand, but find I’ve become a “napper”. And I bet I hadn’t taken 5 naps in 5 years before this!

Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations on things I should be doing to be more successful where strength is concerned when ending a fast???

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

I know you posted awhile ago, but I think you may just have not been eating enough carbs… everything you mentioned that you were eating is pretty low in carbs. I know you’re keto, but even so, your body may be looking to rebuild some of its glycogen stores which will help with your energy. :slight_smile: