April Fasting Challenge

I’m doing an April fast to get in shape for summer. Feel free to join anytime and for any length of time. State length and type of fast and add a sticky board photo if you want.

I’m starting my April fast on Tuesday the 6th (first day after the long weekend) and going 25 days, to April 30th.
Stickies are ready!

7 Likes

I have started day 1, hoping for 25 days also.
I have been doing omads, 48s and 72s the past 2 weeks or so. Hoping to push through and beat my longest fast which is 17 days.
I will check in as much as I can.
All the best :muscle:t5:

2 Likes

Monday April 5 is my day 1 of ??? I haven’t fasted in a long time and I’m long overdue. I may do three 18:6’s to warm up but if I can just jump into an extended fast that would be great. I have plenty of stored fuel to burn!

2 Likes

Hi. I want to join. Im also starting my fast today (06.04). Im doing my fast for 16 days, then take a break and start my fast again.
Didnt have Stickers at home but wrote it down just for motivation.
Good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in starting today as well :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Day 2, hope everyone is doing good. I will check in again soon. We can do this

:pray:t5: :muscle:t5:

1 Like

I’m collecting some inspiring and funny diet memes to make a digital vision board as my screensaver. This is my fav so far.Diet Inspiration

3 Likes

I’m in! Doing a 6 day fast, to start with a bit of a body reset. After that, I’ll refeed for a few days, then start with a M/W/F fast for the rest of April and May. I look forward to the cleansing and clarity that an extended fast can offer (though it’s not extended compared to 25 days :slight_smile: ), but on top of that am really hoping to help my mind and body get into a new rhythm and form healthy habits around body image and eating.

1 Like

2 days down (I’m heading to bed early tonight) and I feel good. I allow myself a morning coffee and that seems to stave off headaches.
Its the first time I’ve used the stickies this way - with different blocks - and so far its very motivating. I’m 2/3rds through block one

2 Likes

Nice job getting 2/3 of the way through block one! Nice to see that progress, and I agree-- a very useful reminder of the progress you’ve made. Hope the coffee helps and that your day 3 goes smoothly!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your knee! Tough stuff.

As I imagine you are seeing with your own experience, fasting often induces weight loss with or without exercise. Take care of yourself-- hope things heal up quickly!

1 Like

Checking in on my day 2! I’m feeling okay so far. Yesterday I felt great-- had a bunch of energy when I finished up work in the evening and went for a nice mountain bike ride. This morning I am feeling like I definitely won’t have that same energy today. Usually the hardest aspect of commitment for fasting for me is when my energy plummets a couple of days in, and I know that I will have this feeling (and that it will get harder) for several more days. I know some people with extended fasts push through and get their energy back, but for me this hasn’t been the case. I think that regularly connecting with my motivation is important-- I really feel the need for significant change in my life right now, starting with my body and mind. I also think celebrating the progress I’ve made thus far – even just one day!-- is also important. So, cheers to everyone here and the progress you’re making thus far, and cheers to us all making decisions rooted in our health and well-being.

Have a great day!

1 Like

I just started my fast today will do the entire month of April. We got this!!!

2 Likes

It went very well thank you. On to the next block. Only a two day block then I’m 1/5th the way through.

DIET arearer

I’m so tempted to eat right now. I need this reminder.
Today and tomorrow will be the toughest but I know I’ll feel happy and my hunger will go down once I get to day 6.

1 Like

You got this, @Danya! Strong work!!

1 Like

Hey there, I’m in.
On day five… I have grand ambitions but my reassessment days will be 10/21/30/40

Day 4/5 are my hardest days to get through and once I hit ten days I’m usually confident I can keep going.

Stoked to see there are a few of us this month too :blush: just couldn’t get past 3/4 days in March

Catch up soon :blush: we’ve all totally got this :grin:

2 Likes

Argh! I had a stressful situation happen today. I prayed incase it would work and tried to silence my worrying about something I can’t control. Despite it all and a very supportive friend, I still caved and stress ate. Not a lot but I’ve definitely broken the fast.
I’m not stopping though. Its important I get this done in April.
Tomorrow will be day one again - thank goodness I didn’t throw out the stickies I took off the board.
I will do this!!

1 Like

Hey I’m 4hours in as I had to restart too. Don’t feel bad, there are still fasting days to be had ahead of us.
I’m pleased with the food choices I made on this break-fast at least.
As of tomorrow we can also find strength that millions of others are facing challenges and not breaking their fasts… I find fasting during Ramadan to be a much deeper and more spiritual experience

3 Likes

Day one again but it went great. Had enough energy to go for a long walk this morning then busied myself cleaning and reorganizing the garage

2 Likes