Annjunie works it

I am Annjunie. I am in early onset peri-menopause due to an emergency surgery.
My highest weight was around 375lbs. I have a farm with boar goats, cows, geese, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, & chickens. I work hard everyday on top of homeschooling 4 kids. We home cook ALL of our meals because of severe food allergies. I have eaten “healthy” for decades, but was still HUGE and always in pain.

Why: I am fasting to:
get ALL of the allergens out of my body.
feel better by loosing weight.
restore my body.
balance my hormones.
be a fun grandma that gets on the floor and plays with her grandbabies someday!

Short & long term goals:
Get down to 175. Have skin removal surgery. Not have to take procoagulants. Feel better emotionally. Love my body unconditionally. Feel sexy again! Be able to run and get up & down with ease. Learn to eat and cook the true healthy way because the government is idiots about what “healthy” truly is!

Plan: I have been intermittent fasting for months now as 16:8. I eliminated carbs and sugars before that (and have NOT missed them). I hit a plateau and looked online for help. I discovered prolonged water fast. I started Easter Sunday. I plan to ride it as long as I can.

Day 1 was great I was pumped and felt well even though I hadn’t taken any allergy meds. -2lbs
Day 2 was even better :exploding_head: didn’t feel like I needed allergy meds again. -2lbs
Day 3 I hadn’t slept well so I was tired, but still energetic and felt alive! -2lbs
Day 4 I had huge bags under my eyes from lack of sleep, but I felt like I could muck all the barns, feed all the animals, and haul ALL the hay by myself in 1/2 a day. I did a LOT of work. I’m also breaking out with hormonal acne (it’s that time again) but it’s not as bad as it usually is. -1lbs
Day 5: (3pm is my official new day) I decided to add 1/2 multivitamin (carb and sweetener free) and took 1/2 tsp of acv. This because my hip started cramping a little.
I’m not sure if I’ll take another multi tomorrow… I have no idea how things will go with Aunt Flo. I should start in the next day or two, but I never know now because of peri-meno. I plan to try not taking my procoags when I start just to see how it goes :crossed_fingers:.
A little nervous. Probably because I want to be done so I can get surgery done. I’ve lost 176lbs with IF already (apparently not eating right).
I have 24lbs to loose before skin removal surgery!!! I feel hopeful that I can make it!

4 Likes

Day 5 (4/8/20) my body had been begging me for an enema for a while, but I knew I had nothing but gas in me. I finally caved and was shocked to find I had a lot of stuff in me. Had to be weeks to years old because it was bad! Listen to you body!!!
-2lbs I was very tired today (4-9-20). My heart was acting up ( hasn’t since I started loosing weight). I don’t think I drank enough last night because when I got some extra water down I felt much better.
Felt pretty good otherwise. I made the kids a good breakfast without eating or wanting to eat. I wanted to try it, but not eat :woman_shrugging:t3:. I don’t seem to be starting today (hormones :woozy_face:), we’ll see what peri-meno has in store for me this month later I guess.

2 Likes

Day 6 -1lb Started my period. So far not too bad. I’m not bleeding to death like I usually do without meds (:crossed_fingers:hoping that lasts). I took 1/2 my multivitamins again jic.
The reason why I decided to fast without my multivitamins is because of my allergies. I am HIGHLY allergic to corn and have yet to find a single multi without. This brand had the least, but I still react. I wanted to flush out my system of corn products for optimum healing.
I have also noticed a weird rib bone pain on both sides, but the lower ribs :woman_shrugging:t3:.
No hunger still. Allergies are starting to act up, but I mucked a pen that had cedar (known allergy) and took an hour walk in the great allergen outdoors :sweat_smile:. Perhaps a hot shower will clear things up :+1:.

1 Like

Day 7: -1.6lbs Today was good until I went for a walk. Hypotension like crazy. My heart rate spiked, I couldn’t catch my breath, and I had body pain all over. I see now why it’s so important to limit my activity. Perhaps it was also because today’s menstrual flow was also heavy. WAY less than before IF and Water Fasting, but heavy none-the-less. .
I’m 80% sure I will start my multivitamin daily instead of as needed. We’ll see tomorrow :woozy_face:.
I weigh less than my 6’+ hubby. That makes me feel good. He’s worried this experience will make me anorexic or bulimic. I don’t feel that will happen. I’m determined to start a healthy Keto program after refeeding, and Keto is high calorie.
I still haven’t decided how long I’m going to WF either… I should really make a decision!

1 Like

Day 8: -0.2lbs that was a little sad to see this am (4/12/21). I hadn’t realized there would be days of no significant loss or even gaining weight on WF. I apparently hadn’t read enough :sweat_smile:.
Still menstruating, but lighter today.
Today I just want to sleep. I stayed up too late and over did it yesterday. So I am going to let myself have the rest of day 8 :mobile_phone_off: . The kids (all teens) can take care of themselves. The laundry and chores can wait. My body NEEDS this!

2 Likes

Well done, once your period has stopped a few pounds should come off, so keep going and you will be rewarded soon enough. You are doing great! :muscle:t5:

2 Likes

Day 9: -1lb (4/13/21). I figured out my problem… I think. This am I decided to take 1/2 a multi. I was fine until about 1 1/2 hours later. That’s when my heart started racing, hypotension kicked in, I was mess. I do really well without the multi. I looked back at the days I take it and I’m usually not ok. Maybe it’s my anaphylactic reaction to corn not my body needing the vitamins. I’ll talk to Dr about it.
Was busy all day had to fight hard not to sleep at the wheel. When I wasn’t driving I was trying to stay conscious. My heart rate was really high especially when I was standing.
But I got a lot done and am pleased with myself. I do MOT plan to take another multi for a while.

4/15 Day 11 -0.6lbs (yesterday day 10 -1lb). Drank some acv hoping to help lower my weight. Also got a ketone meter in the mail. Only says high for ketones and 97 for glucose. My glucose has been in the 70’s or less. Maybe it’s high because of the acv. I’ll check again this am. I should hurry and do that…glucose 97 again. Keto error (I couldn’t bring myself to waste another strip.
Felt good “today.” I think I need to up my water intake. I plan to end my fast after 14days. I NEED to be fasting when at my bil’s house. Food EVERYWHERE all the time and they constantly bring more in! Going Fri & Sat (days 12&13).

Day 12 -0.6lbs
Felt pretty good other than excessive thirst. I have been drinking at least half my weight in ounces of water a day so I’m not sure if it is dehydration.
My ketone meter still reads high. Glucose in the 90’s.
Day 13 started with a glucose of 74. We’ll see how the rest goes :woman_shrugging:t3:

At my bro in laws and realized my biggest trigger…
Wasted food! I haven’t been hungry or wanted to eat really all week. The moment my nieces and nephews started “eating” I started loosing it.
Their parents buy them large meals from restaurants and they eat a bite or two then leave it to be thrown away. I grew up super poor. We might have gone days without food and when we had food it was scarf it down before a sibling would steal it. It is REALLY hard for me, emotionally/morally, to see people waste food.
I guess it’s something to bring to my counselor/therapist… :grimacing:… I want to go home, but I can’t leave until tomorrow!

1 Like

Home again. Feeling pretty good. I was passing a lot of gas and stool starting yesterday so I decided to do one last enema on the fast… Where did all this :poop: come from? I know I haven’t eaten in 13+ days. I even did strict water ONLY minus a couple of days. It was nasty hell escaping my tuckus hole y’all. I almost passed out a couple of times and I have 3 boys and a girl with lactose intolerance AND gluten intolerance… I have a strong constitution with smells. Being locked in a minivan for hours on end with the 5 of them after grandma just treated them all to ice cream sandwiches (it’s just this once :pleading_face::grin:)will do that for you… But MAN!!! I am serious that smell was imcomparable to ANYTHING I have smelled before. Image maybe dog farts, food intolerance farts, year old bologna, old blood, mix in some skunk, and a mess of fire and brimstone… That might be close… I half expect to walk outside tomorrow to see my septic on fire
or exploded. Maybe some environmental agents in hazmat suits with Geiger counters and emissions meters will be knocking at the door…
Again, I have no idea where the solids came from. I expected gas, but after my last enima I thought everything solid had to already be out… I was WRONG!
Anywho, I have now officially started day 14 (3pm 4/17/21). I don’t really want to end my fast, but I feel it’s time :pensive:. I liked not having to think about or prepare food. I am anxious about how much weight I’ll regain. I worry about accidentally eating foods that contain corn derived products and swelling up and having to go back on allergy meds or end up in the hospital.
I just got extremely tired so I’m going to sleep now…:zzz:

1 Like

This morning (last day before refeed) day 14 woke up to -1.8lbs that’s for the last 2 days since I wasn’t home.
I started some bone broth cooking last night in the slow cooker. Still Can’t get a keto reading, but glucose said 99. It must be my new meter being jacked up?? My son’s glucose meter was giving me #'s in the 70’s. :woman_shrugging:t3:
Slept well last night. Had some pretty epic dreams; it was good. Still don’t want to stop my water fast, but my guts are saying otherwise.

Refeed day 1 +0.4lbs
Had 1 mug of beef bone broth yesterday and 1Tbsp of ACV. I couldn’t bring myself to have anything more.
I feel great other than the lower rib pain that I’ve had since before the fast.

Refeed day 2: -0.2 lbs
ACV, 2 cups of beef bone broth spiced :fire: yum, smoked salmon, greens (kale & chard), spicy homemade kimchi
Felt good today. Again struggling with lower rib pain, but it only hurts when I’m standing. It makes it hard to breathe and my heart starts racing after a while. Oh well.

Refeed day 3: -+0
ACV, bone broth, kale, chard, romaine lettuce, salmon
Feeling good, walking again. Not too far I have to work my way back up to 12+ miles. I didn’t realize how much 2 weeks down would effect me.

Refeed day 4: +1lb
I was an idiot last night. I ate some corn derived food before bed (known allergy and sensitivity to corn and byproducts). In my defense it was just a couple of crumbles of bacon left in the pan from my kids’ dinner. FYI I haven’t needed allergy meds since the first couple of days of my water fast. Even on the WORST allergy condition days…
This morning though: My face is swollen. My eyes aches. My nose, ears, & eyes were runny all night. My ears & nose are stuffy. My belly is so swollen that my loose skin is barely loose. I feel old; everything hurts. My joints ache as if I have arthritis. My gums were so swollen this am that the teeth on one side were loose and felt like they would fall out. I found& removed the tiny piece offending of bacon between them. Immediate relief; swelling dropped dramatically in my gums. Stupid corn products in everything :sob:.
I am going to do a short fast (48hour) to try to get this crap out of my system again.
I didn’t realize what my body was going through on a daily basis before. No wonder I gained so much weight. No wonder I was always in pain. No wonder EVERYTHING effected me. I promise to be more vigilant in finding and removing corn and corn derived products from my life for my health, happiness and overall well-being! I am worth the time and effort and I deserve the best!

1 Like

Post fast Day 5: -1lb I knew the weight would come off with allergy meds and a fast. Instead of a 48hr I did a 36hr. I ate around 10am. Got almost 400calories in.
I feel good other than a bit of a runny nose, but allergies :woman_shrugging:t3:. I’m hoping once the corn biproducts are all out of my system I can go off meds again :pray::pensive::pray:.

Post fast days 6-8 I think. +1.4lbs
Went to a party and ate things I assumed I was allergic to… I was right. I’m bloated, have joint pain, had trouble breathing and swallowing, etc… Took allergy meds it’ll be a while before I can process all this junk out! I also ate a LOT of things I know are safe for me, but not in moderation for sure!
I’ll work the weight off hopefully and get the water weight back off eventually. I have GOT to start bringing and oNLY eating my own food to events and such!!!
I started another 48hr fast yesterday. I HAVE to do better than I have been! Now I have 15+lbs to loose (190.4lbs this am).

I have no idea how long it’s been. I am at 189.8lbs this am (04/28/2021). I’ve been about this weight for over a week. I’ve been doing keto on steroids and not loosing any weight. But I have been gaining ounces-pounds on days I ate and loosing only ounces on days I fasted. I’m going to stop keto on steroids and go back to my own keto weight loss plan. I’m so tired. I know sleep REALLY effects my weight so I plan also to sleep through today after my workout.

1 Like

I have been doing full out garbage these last weeks. I think I figured out why and what’s got me so off. I’m @ 189lbs this am (5/3/2021). I have been craving food (not actually hungry), not sleeping, feeling like garbage, and not making good choices in general!

1. I’ve lost my focus on my goals, reasons, and faith in the process.
    Without my drive I have nothing! My drive comes from my affirmations, goals, and the purpose for me being IN this process.
  2. I haven’t been tending to my spiritual self.
    I have been neglecting the part of me that allows for manifestation and strength. The part of me that allows joy to swell beyond comprehension. I have been starving my spiritual self where I should feast it!
  3. Sleep!
    Bodies NEED sufficient amounts of sleep. I have not been going to bed when my body pleads for it. Then, I get a second wind and cannot fall asleep. It’s a vicious cycle and I Have to break it!

My hope is by tending to these three things I will see easier days like before and feel almost if not as wonderful as I did during my fast.

1 Like