Anna’s Journal 🖤 Post 30 day water fast & refeed

Holy smokes! 14 days?! That’s impressive!! You must’ve lost a lot of weight now - wow!!

It has gone by very quickly when I think back on it, compared to other fasts I’ve done or attempted! Don’t have a scale here, but I’m starting to see results in the mirror!
I’ll weight myself before breaking the fast! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is Keto breath becoming an issue for you? I looked back around the same time as you are now and that’s when it started becoming an issue for me.

No I haven’t had that issue yet!
My body might detox in other ways in the moment! If it happens I hope it won’t be as troubling as you experienced it, didn’t sound very pleasant! :confused:

I wouldn’t wish that experience on my worst enemy! LOL.

At the end I was having to brush teeth and rinse with mouthwash every 3 hours, so when I finished the 40-day I was exhausted from lack of uninterrupted sleep.

By the way, its not from detox. One of the ketones generated is acetone, which is expelled through breath. The buildup in the stomach is also what probably caused to puke up liquid from the stomach several times at the end.

Oh right! I’ve read about it but got it mixed together with the eliminations of toxins!
Speaking of acetone buildups, my pee smell a lot like ammonia now from protein digestion in the body, it’s like peeing nail polish :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Ugh. Glad my body didn’t react that way during the current Rebuild the Body phase, especially since I had to eat a lot of protein the first 6 days to feed the stem cell to new cell conversion process.

2 Likes

Hang in there Anna, hope you fell better soon and I hope that little walk outside brought you peace. You are truly an inspiration :innocent:

1 Like

That’s sweet, thank you, I am feeling a bit better today! :pray:

1 Like

Day 15

Didn’t get any sleep during the night, a combination of the usual sleeping issue when fasting, the neighbours having a party, aaaand when the party finally was over, the fire alarm started in the whole building, so everyone had to evacuate and stand outside in a snow storm for 45 minutes.

I did get two hours of sleep before noon today though, because I was exhausted!
I’m feeling alright though, I’ve been busy with my exams all day and the mental clearness is a gift from heaven right now, since there’s so much to write!

Just wanted to check in and write my journal, gonna continue studying now!
Hope everyone is having a good day! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Good luck with finals. A good friend of mine is going through finals week himself right now. Glad I never have to go through that particular version of hell anymore. LOL

Btw, how do you change the title of your daily journal. I need to change mine since I will start a new one for the next one which focuses on workouts emphasizing core strength and adding lean muscle mass without requiring a gym membership. It will do so by using body weight and isometric exercises.

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s well needed! :pray:
Haha well, you’ve done your suffering, so it’s our turn now!

If you scroll up all the way in your journal, there’s a little symbol of a pencil under the title where you can edit it!
I’m really excited to follow that journey too, I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from it! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Well done…you can do it. Have someone call you everyday to check In. :muscle:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m staying in contact with my family and boyfriend everyday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great.

Hang in there! You are rocking this! All the best and I hope you’ll get to sleep tonight. :zzz:

1 Like

Day 16

I couldn’t get any sleep during the night, so I’m not feeling my best emotionally, but it could be a lot worse, I have had enough energy at least :woman_shrugging:

It’s mostly just frustrating and stressful for me when I can’t sleep, I hate just laying there in the dark. I guess I need to find a way to not be as stressed about it and just make it into a calm environment to enjoy and not expect to fall asleep. Maybe light a candle and watch documentaries or something…

Like yesterday, I’ve just been studying all day and I got a lot of things done. I’m still surprised about the concentration and clearness whenever I sit down to study! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Been there!

Poor you! Sleep is always a benediction! I don’t know if we’re allowed to take melatonin while fasting but it’s what I use normally to help me get to sleep. I remember in one of Yasmine’s video she talked about taking her magnesium in the evening and it helped her get to sleep. Documentaries sounds good as well with a relaxing candle. Maybe I’m going to sound a little “out there” but maybe try a little meditation, I like the “body scan” meditation. Or you could try circadian breathing, I have yet to try it personally but I’ve been hearing a lot of praises about it. So you haven’t asked for advice and here I am flooding you lol Wishing you the best and some serious :sleeping:

1 Like