Advice for fasting with infection

Hi there!

I am struggling to find an answer to my conundrum in my research. A few days before starting my water fast (I plan on 21 days and this is day 9), I developed an ear infection (although my ears have been ringing and problematic since I contracted COVID and developed long COVID). I have fasted before and know how healing it is so I was hoping it would have cleared up by now but now I have pain in my teeth, and facial pain too. It’s been challenging being in pain as it does affect my energy levels even if I do sort of feel the kick of fasting when the pain subsides. I’ve been prescribed antibiotics but I don’t want to take them as this fast is also to help me with my ulcerative colitis. SO… I bought a really high grade manuka honey that is supposed to be as effective as manuka honey but I am wary of taking it long term. I had some as an experiment and I remained in ketosis despite two teaspoons (My ketones were 7.8 in blood monitoring). I think I would need to take the honey for at least 4 days for infection to clear and I make sure to do some HIT and take cinnamon with it in order to bring blood sugar down (I do believe I have a degree of insulin resistance issues due to obesity/diabetes in the family). What do you all think? Will I still reap the benefits despite taking the honey or do you have any better ideas (I took oil of oregano for nine days but it didn’t clear it sadly)? Thanks so much and hope you are all having a nice day!
Hannah :blush:

1 Like

Look at the research of True North (supervised fasting) plus read the fasting book of Upton Sinclair or watch fasting videos about symptoms during fast before introducing a sugary substance into the fast. One may see increased symptoms upon fasting as the body pushes out infection from deep within the cells and bones. This is not medical advice, yet I personally would not use honey during a healing fast.

2 Likes