Adf keto, stats included in comments

Well I had my a1c tested and can say I’m happy. It’s 4.8 so it seems I’ve been freaking out over nothing. Or have dramatically helped it by fasting.

2 Likes

How low can you go? :dancer:

Fasting? Or posting lol?

My longest fast was 30 days strictly water only.

Posting? On this thread. Trying to go until I reach my goal of 165. Haven’t weighed in a few days and will probably wait a week or so. I may start doing weigh in days every Monday or Tuesday so I can see weekly results all at once.

Insulin resistance is definitely still strong. 101 and I haven’t eaten in 34 hours.

Sorry. I was talking about how low can you get your A1C score. For me my insulin is reflected in my blood pressure, which I quit measuring because I can’t be bothered. :unamused:
Well, I’ve just ordered a bp monitor that Bluetooth connects to my phone, so I’ll be watching more closely!
“Whatever gets measured gets managed” :+1:

2 Likes

My bad I read long not low. Smh :rofl:

I’ve had my a1c as low as 4.4 before right before my pregnancy. My BP is also elevated slightly. 130/84 on a typical day. That tends to get better as I lose weight.

1 Like

Feeling discouraged today. I’ve been giving this my all I swear and my blood sugar won’t go down and somehow I’m out of ketosis again. I’m doing all the same things I did to begin with. So my only other explanation is that my keto tests strips aren’t working all of a sudden. I’m so so so disheartened right now.

I haven’t eaten since 6:00 last night. My blood sugar is 113. But my a1c says I’m not prediabetic. But my sugar levels say otherwise. What is going on?

It’s now 4pm. My blood sugar is finally 98. What am I doing wrong???

Ending the night with a 96 blood sugar. May have to revert to 42 hour fasts.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for not seeing this until now. Been out on a 2 day crime spree (meaning two days of no blood pressure reading and bad eating). I’ll be doing a low moisture water fast starting tomorrow morning until Saturday morning weigh in. I’m looking for a new all time low. That would be anything below 151.8
I just spoke with my high school friend who was into gymnastics and i asked him how he was weighting back then. He had great upper body strength, is 5’9" and weighed… wait for it… 140!!!
That’s all I needed to hear. I’m still able to go lower. And lower I shall go!! This week!! Come along.!!
Ok, you’ve got a moisture thing, I’m guessing. Of course I don’t know everything you’ve got going on. But hey, I learn something new this week…
“Insulin Independent Glucose Uptake”.
By the way, are you a diagnosed Diabetic? Don’t tell me, just asking rhetorically. Because, this is a whole different way of lowering Glucose Independent of insulin. They say it’s the path that the Diabetic drug “metformin” used to lower blood glucose. Tell me what you think.

1 Like

I have been doing the same it seems. But on omad keto so I guess not “anything” I wanted. I just took my blood sugar for the first time in two or three days. 107. Still annoyingly high. And 140 sounds like so much work, however fasting tends to make it easy.

I haven’t looked much into how drugs work with insulin. Is there a way to make your body respond the same way without them? Dr fung would say fasting and keto. But I cannot seem to get back into ketosis no matter what I do. Today I start back on my fast and tomorrow I intend to do omad to make up for my off days. So I’m gonna be doing like a 44 hour fast or so. Starting around 9pm last night.

I only gained 2 pounds so I think I did okay this time at least.

3 Likes

This is AMAZING! Reading through your journal and you were on day 6 on this post - I’m on day 6 right now too - doesn’t it feel amazing?

We regain our confidence and fasting mojo when sticking to our goals!

Loving your journal!! You’re doing so amazing to kickoff 2023!!!

Let’s keep it up :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Don’t be discouraged!!! Sometimes there are outliers on this non-linear journey !! :sparkling_heart:

Just keep your head up and keep going! :pray:

Also sometimes keto strips aren’t effective (if you leave them in the washroom and it’s steamy/moist in the washroom from shower steam etc.

:heart_eyes: We’ll break through this “plateau” in those numbers!!

Just push push push!! Life throws obstacles to get us to stop, so just push through the wall and the results are there just not showing once in a while!!

3 Likes

You could already be in ketosis and the strips might just not work too!! Happened to many people I’ve spoken to before !!:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Ok. Great! Yes, so insulin independent glucose uptake was kind of a funny story. The pharmaceutical companies discovered this phenomenon in rodents during research. When rodents were more active their blood glucose went down. It had to do with some “AMPK” pathway. (I can’t get my head wrapped around it, yet.)
Anyway, the drug companies tried to simulate this exercise process with a pill :roll_eyes:. But they started to realize that an existing cheap generic drug was ALREADY doing that. Metformin.
So, if we exercise our body will uptake blood sugar into our cells, so the sugar in the blood should go down, which should give you a lower score.

3 Likes

That is sooo funny because I figured that out myself without knowing any technical terms. That’s the only thing that has changed is my exercise. I may go on a walk this evening to get my blood pumping again. I’ve also been trying to get into Pilates. After my son goes to bed I think I’ll do a session of that too. Thank you for the technical data. Maybe it will help get me back on exercise.

3 Likes

Go you!!! How many days are you trying to do? I’m doing another 7 day fast the last week of January!!! My confidence is much much better right now. Cute clothes are fitting me again, and this past weekend someone noticed I lost! It made me so happy. Thank you so much for the encouragement! We’ve definitely got this girl!!!

Yeah I’m beginning to think my strips are duds. I usually keep them in the bathroom but I tend to put them in a Ziploc. I didn’t do that with this batch. I’ve lost about 24 pounds so far, but my goal was 40 in two months. I don’t think I’m gonna reach that. Over all I want to be 165 by my son’s second birthday. Which is may 8th. I’ve still got about 60 pounds to go. I’m definitely seeing some changes in my body but not in my sugar. And my weight seems to change all at once it seems

I was in ketosis. Then all of a sudden nothing!!!

3 Likes

Amazing you got this, and yeah they might be duds, so focus on your results and not so much on the keto strips which are just a tool! (And if the tool isn’t helping there’s no point!)

I did a healthy refeed today 5.5 days, and continuing my fast as of 2pm today! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The weight come off!! Today hit -95lbs postpartum!! Trying to hit that -100 in next few weeks! I put on way too much during pregnancy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They are indeed duds. I tested with some brand new ones. I guess it had just been too exposed! I just like seeing them get dark when I fast lol! Helps me track the efficiency of my fast I guess.

Nice! 5.5 is about where I start feeling like okayyyy it’s time for some food.

Giiiiirl that’s amazing!!! Go you!!!

I think I gained total 85 pounds from pregnancy. But all together I gained 120. 20 pounds less than I started at. Smh. But hey I’ve lost 24 so I’m back on track at least you are doing amazing!!! How long has it taken for that 95?

2 Likes

So today’s fast has taught me. My blood sugar responds to literally everything! It was 82 at lunch time and is now 101. All I’ve had today is a cup of plain green tea. Like very very plain. I do not enjoy green tea. But I needed flavor! Guess my fasts will HAVE to be strictly water only. But hey I did discover I’m very much in ketosis!!! So that’s a win!

1 Like

Maybe there is something that doesn’t effect blood sugar you can drink.
But I watch “Serious Keto” on Youtube, and that guy says that he’s not concerned about his blood sugar unless the food or drink leads to a “spike” which is a 30 point spike.
But yes, he does want his numbers to stay low.
Let me ask you this… do you know a sweetener that doesn’t change your blood sugar?
And finally, I’ve never asked you… do you take ALL the blood sugar supplements? Things like Chromium? Or Magnesium? Other stuff?

1 Like

That’s interesting, I’ve been nearly obsessed with my blood sugar levels. My entire family is diabetic and I’m trying not to become one.

I do not. I haven’t tried any to see either. I went with Jason Fung’s advice and he says “none of those” however if I must have something I’ll do stevia.

And no I did like 2 minutes of research yesterday to see if I could find something to help. Chromium and magnesium popped up but I didn’t have much time to keep looking after that.

1 Like