Adf keto, stats included in comments

Well after breaking on my fasting day I decided I was going to break off of keto the following day. I ate alllll the sweets and junk I had on hand. It was bad. I have learned something from this though. Keto sweets are just as bad as real sweets. They are my trigger foods. And they stop any weight loss progress for me.

So the day after I started on what was going to be a three day fast. But now I may extend that to a 7 day fast, because it’s going so well for me.

I’m pretty mad at myself still so I’m hoping I have some decent results this time. At the very least I’m trying to get back into ketosis much faster than usual.

I’m also noting that my blood sugar is resting much higher than it should be. 109 after 2 days fasting. I’m on day 3 now. Hopefully by morning it’s normalized.

Ughhh here we go again.

This post is now old: the new content is in the comments.

5 Likes

Day 4 of 7

Maybe this will become a 14 day fast. I feel pretty great today. I’ve missed extended fasting.

I’ve noticed I have a lot of fluid on my legs (a pretty regular thing for me, especially when I eat grains) so I have two different goals on this fast. Lower my blood sugar and get rid of my fluid buildup.

Today I woke up and haven’t once cared to think about eating. Hunger really does feel non existent. Which I have to admit is pretty new for me even with fasting. I’ve had a couple pains here and there but nothing to complain about. Maybe it’s because I recently started drinking green tea? Not sure.

I do know though 4 days in my blood sugar is still bordering 100. That doesn’t make me happy at all. In fact it makes me more certain I am diabetic. I have an a1c test on the 9th to know for certain. But if I am I’m taking the right steps to reverse it. No medicine for me.

I have an overall plan to do a 7 day fast on the last week of every month, all the while continuing alternate day fasting (my preferred method).

I have a high goal of losing 80 pounds by may 8th. That means I need to lose about 20 pounds per month. I’m hoping I can breeze my way through 10 of those by doing the extended fast each month. Realistically the easiest thing to do would be to embark on a 80day fast, but I have a baby and a husband to worry over. I’d rather take it a little slower and perhaps enjoy the fasting without burning myself out.

Then I need a plan for once I’m pregnant. (that’s the purpose of all the weight loss) I need a safe method to keep the weight off. And this is where everyone will say “well you’re pregnant, weight gain is gonna happen.” Last time I gained 80 pounds. I didn’t have a plan last time.

Anyways this is sounding a bit like word vomit. But I suppose the post is for myself anyway.

Happy new year! Here’s hoping to see the new me on my schedule!

2 Likes

I am wondering how you feel about dry (or dryer) Fasting.
In reading these short posts, and I don’t know at all how accurate my impressions are, You seem to have a high priority on

1. low fasting blood sugar
  2. Weight loss
  3. Ketosis

But I see you prefer green tea :tea: (wow, there’s an emoji for green tea)
Anyway, I’m just wondering out loud if lots of green tea means caffeine, “energy” and help for your active lifestyle. Meanwhile, it’s keeping you hydrated, which is fine, but it’s reflected in no “dramatic” weight loss. Could you do decaffeinated green tea? Or, could you drink less? Less of everything?
For me, and it’s different for guys, drying up the fast is very effective for weight loss, and it’s not as hard as I thought.

2 Likes

So I’ve actually done some dry fasting! And was severely impressed with the dramatic weight loss. However I was weak and had headaches and overall just didn’t feel well.

As far as green tea goes, I only drank the one cup every once in a while. Not often at all, just when and if I feel so “hungry” I must have something :joy:. I often drank decaf everything. Actually recently I just started drinking caffeine again. I didn’t drink it for 2 years.

But with fluid doing dry fasting is optimal for getting it gone.

I appreciate the advice and input! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Today begins day 6 of 7. So far this is going well. I’m happy with the results, but not as great as I was anticipating. Somehow I gained weight yesterday :rofl:. But I lost a precent of visceral fat so that makes me happy. I’ll just continue confusing my body alternate day style. This 7 day fast has really been eye opening. It’s been so long since I’ve gotten to do an extended fast. I’m proud of myself. And excited for fast break day Thursday morning.

2 Likes

Well today is getting suddenly difficult, don’t know if I’m tired or bored but I’m ready to break… This was originally supposed to be a three day fast. However I think it’s just my mind trying to force me to eat. I’m not actually hungry. I just miss food. Thinking of sipping some broth, or licking some salt…

Every little bit in the right direction. Fasting is failing. Fasting is refeeding. I really value from these kinds of “feel like giving up” posts. That’s sooo fasting. Your body is adjusting to the limited food supply. You are turning into a different person.

1 Like

I appreciate that, I hadn’t looked at it that way. I did make it through the day! My blood sugar is in the 70’s now. I decided yesterday to have broth today to get started on refeed, so I can eat solids tomorrow. I’ve got my meals planned and ready for then as well.

I’m curious to see how difficult it will be to eat any substantial amount. It’s been a super long time since I’ve gotten to refeed and it’ll be nice to remember how quickly I become full. I however am going to try to wait til around dinner time for the broth. I woke up feeling less “want” for food so we will see.

Thank you again!

1 Like

So final stats. Starting weight 232 ending weight 225 . But before Christmas I was 223.

Starting muscle mass 124 ending muscle mass 120
Body fluid 42% now 41%
Visceral fat 15% now 14%
Blood sugar 132 now 70
Blood pressure 140/90 now 136/86

So far refeed has been a cup of coffee with heavy cream, no sweetener. A bite of peanut butter, a bit of cheesy cauliflower and 12 oz of broth. I’m making homemade bone broth currently for dinner tonight. I may leave the cooked veggies in it I haven’t decided yet.

My sugar was 70 this morning. It is currently 86. This is a very normal jump and I am happy with this so far. I’ll test it again in an hour to see if it goes back down or maintains here. If it maintains, I may very well have reversed whatever sugar issues I have going on. I definitely plan to keep a close watch on this over the week. I will be eating normal meals tomorrow (lunch and dinner) then starting back my adf schedule. With an intent to do this same type of fast again at the end of the month.

I’ll add more to this post later to update my after dinner blood sugar levels.

So to update, it is now 7:12. For dinner I had broth and a few veggies and some cheese and a sausage link 4 almonds and a 100% Cocoa chocolate square. Immediately after eating my blood sugar was 86. As of now, 1 hour later, it’s 97. I’ll test once more before bed and update with that result.

Before bed measurements 87. I’d say this is pretty normal. I prefer 85 but I’m happy with what I’ve got right now.

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you!! I think you are in EXACTLY the right place! You are one of us…
FASTERS!!
You are still so young! The healing from lower insulin, lower blood pressure is happening over your ENTIRE body. Your kidneys, your liver, heck, your eyeballs… it’s all getting healthier, YOUNGER if I may.
You’ve got a long way to go. Not because of any weight or health marker… but because you’re still so young and so full of promise!!! You’ll need us down the road. (And… we’ll need you!) Thank you for posting these results! See you around.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!! And the feed back! Today has been wonderful! And I will continue to post my results throughout this journey, thank you for caring enough to read them!

2 Likes

Alright official breaking day, even though I did refeed yesterday.

Todays wake up blood sugar is 78. I’ll update throughout the day on that. I haven’t weighed yet, probably going to wait a couple days for that. I like to weigh after a fast. So I’ll weigh Saturday morning. Fast will begin around 7 tonight.

Update 1: after my breakfast of coffee and a cheese stick blood sugar was 89. Still not bad, but not as low as I was hoping. I’ll test again once before lunch.

Update 2: before lunch sugar was 93, but I messed up and drank coffee with heavy cream before lunch forgetting that my blood sugar would spike. I’ll be measuring again shortly to see the after effects

I ended the night with a 97 blood sugar. Definitely still need fasting to counter this.

1 Like

So. I’ve decided even though I didn’t have the full weight loss results from that 6 day 1 day refeed fast that I will do so again at the end of this month. Like originally planned.

2 Likes

I’ll hop in that 7 day fast at the end of the month with you

2 Likes

More power to you jennren.
Its so motivating to see you that consistent. You are such a inspiration…

2 Likes

That sounds great!

1 Like

Thank you so much! It gets easier after day three! You’ve got this girl!!!

2 Likes

So this morning my blood sugar was 97, which is better than I was anticipating to be honest. I’ll check it again before bed tonight. Also as a note, I’m fasting today back on my adf schedule until the last week of January.

73 before bed

So I finally did it! I got on the scale. 219.6 and I lost another percent of visceral fat! I’m happy!

I’ll update my sugars later, today is an eating day.

End of the night 109. :confused:

1 Like