35 days of fasting

Hi

I begin my 35 day water fast on Sunday 27th December. I am so grateful to Yasemin for supporting me on this journey. This year has been an eye opener for me and I’d like to start my fast at the end of the year but for the purpose of starting the year off too.

4 Likes

Welcome to our community! I hope we all can support you through your journey. We’re here for you and are always willing to help!

Good luck and keep us posted!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Perfect!! Now we broke the Ice and posted your first journal, so even you are starting your fast on the 27th, you can still do a few things to ease into it:

• Start easing into low carb meals
  • Start eating into OMAD (one meal a day) until the 27th to make some progress. So for this week you can do lunch + dinner each day - no snacks! And next week you can move into 1 full nice big meal a day and 0 snacks, to start practicing 23:1 (only eating once a day)
  • If you go in the orange section called « fasting tools » of the forum you’ll see some worksheets I built to help you get started :sparkling_heart:

Come journal here every day and feel free to post a picture of your OMAD/2MAD every day until December 27th to keep you accountable to eating well!

You start now! :sparkling_heart::partying_face:
Let’s go

3 Likes

These are great tips!
I’m ready! :hugs:

2 Likes

This week I have been have 2 meals a day. Tomorrow begins my 1meal a day so I think I’ll transition better if I try to have just 1 meal today to see how I’ll manage.
I’m excited about starting my fast on 27th. This year has come with so many downs so I’m excited to end this year on a high.

2 Likes

Started my fasting today at midnight. I want to fast for 5 days which means phase 1-2 but I’m hoping I feel strong enough to pass Xmas day and Boxing Day and keep going with the fast as my goal was to do 35 days starting 27th. I will post updates as I don’t think my 1st day will be easy but I will fight to keep going. :muscle:t5:

3 Likes

It’s only been 8 hours but I feel good. Will watch the fast forward YouTube videos again for mental strength motivation when I feel that I need to.

2 Likes

I’m not hungry at all but the habit of wanting to eat is so strong. Mental strength is definitely what you need to fast. It’s so strange because I’m not hungry but in my mind it’s just something that I feel I should be doing. Going for a nap to switch my mind off.

3 Likes

Hi Elisabeth. I would like to start tommorow . Can I join you

Hi,

Yes I would love that :smiley:.
I will be breaking my fast on Friday to Saturday though and officially starting the 35 days from Sunday 27th. Would you prefer to join me on Sunday 27th for the 35 days?

Yes. I am in . We could start on the 27th. I am excited.
I start at 132 pounds. {That is if I don’t go overboard during Christmas…

I have been eating so unhealthy these days. My goal is to cut down to 120 ponds. And that mainly because I feel my best at 120

I understand. How was your eating yesterday?
We start at midnight and I’m excited for us.

I’m 135lbs. I’m fasting because I need a new start and I believe this fast will give me the clarity that I need.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll need 35 days to reach your goal. Even though I’m doing 35 days I will still listen to my body and stop when I need to.

1 Like

I will join you for 30 days. I am so sick of 2020 and need to reboot myself!
I also plan to start tomorrow.

1 Like

How is everyone feeling?
I think the first three days will be challenging but Wednesday we should feel less irritated.

1 Like

Doing great so far. My biggest challenge is with three little kids, I am almost always fixing food or snacks or cleaning up in the kitchen. But I am using Covid to my advantage and just wearing my mask when in the kitchen now. So I don’t snitch or lick the spoon. “what’s up with the mask?” asked my husband. I told him it was to curb my snacking/snitching. I haven’t come clean about fasting yet, but I’ve done days here or there in the past so it shouldn’t phase him.

Took some pictures this am. Man, reality bites! Glad to have that over with and remind myself that they were taken out of love and excitement for a leaner, refreshed body within. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You sound focused and full of energy!!!
My head is pounding today, but I don’t think I’m drinking enough water so that could be the problem.

1 Like