2nd Annual “March Madness” Fasting Challenge

:fire::fire::fire: You have come such a long way already!!! You’ve got that fire within you now to push people to get as far along as you are so far!!! :heart_eyes::clap:t2:

4 Likes

Finished day 2 with no issues. Woke up today feeling a little weak. Drank pink Himalayan salt with my water and just trying to be mindful of moving around more mindfully. Don’t want to pass out at work. But other than that. Im feeling great.

8 Likes

I apologize for the absence on day two!

Day two was CRUCIAL for me because it reminded me that there is no “right/good/easy” time to fast, which also means that it’s ALWAYS the right/good time.

Yas knows this, but last year when I did my first 31 day fast I had two jobs, it was the beginning of the pandemic and lock down, my best friend of 20 years decided to end our friendship for quite literally no reason, I had to move into a friends house to protect my grandparents from getting the virus, I was having money struggles etc etc. But it was the first time in my life I did not turn to food.

If you sit and wait for a month that has no birthdays, no friends coming to town to visit, no events, no hardships, no family events, to complete your fast- that’s the month of literally never. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE OBSTACLES EVERY DAY MONTH AND YEAR OF YOUR LIFE. A 30 day fast does not just happen, you have to MAKE it happen.

Yesterday, day 2, was a good reminder of this for me because while it wasn’t as crazy as last year, yesterday I started my first day at a brand new job. They gave me a box of donuts and I had to lie and say I was intermittent fasting and brought them home for my roommates. (They rode in the back seat on the way home. :joy:) But I got it done. I did what I had to do. And you know what? They make more gawd damn donuts every day… it’s so much more rare to make it through a fast and I want that more.

The point is, it is always going to be hard. You have to FORCE yourself through the first week. For me it gets way easier after that, and that seems to be the general consensus. But you have to WORK to get to the good part. It is sooooo worth getting there.

That’s my rant. I’m starting day 3 now! Who’s excited?! It should be everyone! :wink: I love you guys! Happy fasting!

Day three is a ROUGH one. If you’re feeling extra gnarly don’t forget to exhaust ALLLLL your resources!! Message someone, come on here, watch Yas videos etc etc. You have help for a reason! :heart:

10 Likes

Day 3! So far I’m good I was feeling a little hungrier earlier this morning I woke up pretty early before the sun was up but went back to sleep and the hunger has gone away. Today I start a new workout regimen so I’m excited for that. Not excited to feel sore tomorrow since it’s been a while since I worked out but I’ve got this :star_struck:

5 Likes

I think I will. I want to print it and put it on my closet door to see it every morning when I wake up. I think it’ll help me stay motivated.

2 Likes

Day 2 check-in:
The second day was pretty normal. I didn’t have any majors problems and I woke up with extra energy and decided to clean my entire room. That was amazing!!

Now I’m halfway through day 3 and the hunger is starting:/ but I’ll be strong and not fall off, I CAN DO THIS!

Hope everyone is doing amazing! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Day 2 :white_check_mark: done! Feeling good. I couldn’t sleep last night and i was freezing!! But other that that, i was fine!

Hi @Gabrielle_Wood! I read your post!
I can relate to struggles and life events that make us turn to food. When my sister died last year, i was so depressed that i ate whatever i wanted. On top of that, i had a car accident that injured my back preventing me to work out (which i used to do 5x/week). So it was a clusterfu*k of events that happened and 50 lbs was the result of that.
I don’t know how in the world that happened, but then again I DO KNOW! -i ate donuts and candy and bread whenever i wanted to. And now, here i am! And yes, you are absolutely right, WE HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!! There is always an occasion to celebrate, friends to get together with, but we have to make that decision to keep going! And That, my friend is what i will do! I have to take care of myself now. Am i still depressed? I will probably never get over losing my sister. But i have to FOCUS on myself now. I have my husband and my 2 boys to live for!

DAY 3 CHECK IN!!
Feeling very proud of myself.
Everyday i write down how i feel and i hype myself up! I’m my own cheerleader right now! My husband doesn’t even know I’m water fasting. Lol.
Hello fasting family from California!

8 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m glad to see you’re all doing well.
For today I did OMAD, its my husbands birthday. I’m focusing on low carb and portion control as well cause fasting won’t help at all if I don’t focus on those habits as well.
Will be fasting again till Sunday when we have both mine and his birthday braai.
Then planning on fasting 5 days till the weekend of the 13th when friends of ours are getting married.
After that I’ll start a longer fast towards the second half of the month.

7 Likes

Day 3 for me.

Going strong so far. The challenges only come in the evenings for me.

8 Likes

@Michael_Weaver can hardcore relate to the nighttime struggles.

5 Likes

I find that I have to remind myself to drink more water than usual because I normally drink with my meals

3 Likes

Day3, almost 66 hours in. Let’s keep encouraging each other. The support is excellent and does make a difference especially if you have never done an extended fast. 17day 10hours is my longest fast so far, that was last year, setting a new record this year by the grace of God/ he empowers :pray:t5:

4 Likes

60 hours into Day 3. I woke up very weak and dizzy. I added my pink Himalayan salt to my water. I still feel dizzy. What electrolytes do you use that I can buy at cvs/walgreen/target?

2 Likes

You can just use regular salt and pick up a cheap magnesium or potassium from the store but you don’t NEED it, you can pick them up if you have certain symptoms like muscle cramps etc.

Take a look at this cheat sheet: Electrolytes & Supplements: Water Fasting

You can replace the magnesium with any magnesium (I prefer magnesium glycinate since apparently easier for your body to absorb)

2 Likes

Beautiful plan Diandra :sparkling_heart::partying_face:

1 Like

64 hours in and I’m tired. I usually am on day 3. But, I am motivated and am lucky enough to be able to chill for the day and just be tired. An epsom salt bath may be in order. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You all have been such an inspiration to me! I really get so much out of reading all of your experiences! Keep up the great work you all!:fist:

3 Likes

I’m starting day 1 tomorrow- I usually fail after a couple of days and this time I need this- I have to push myself- I really want this- I’m hoping it with help reduce inflammation- bloating- help with self control and reap the rewards of discipline-

5 Likes

You’re the best!

3 Likes

You are certainly right when you said that things will always come up. Whether the time timing is right or not. Between scheduled or non-scheduled events, hospital visits, birthdays etc. The thing is not waiting because there’s always something new happening whether it’s a planned moment or not. It may not come up at that moment, but life happens to come on a whim whether planned or not.

I realize that because I’m guilty of that almost and most of the time. I say, “well I have a certain thing planned that day, so might as well wait for tomorrow to start my fast or diet plan”. And the next thing I know is since I didn’t start on a Monday might as well start next Monday. I can’t start in the middle of the week, even if the next day just happens to be Tuesday. That’s usually my reasoning. And that’s why I’m 50 lbs overweight.

So happy I have a place to vent.

6 Likes

@KittyD 100% I am so guilty too. But we’re here trying to fix it! :two_hearts: At least we can say that much!

2 Likes