2nd Annual “March Madness” Fasting Challenge

Everyone’s posts are so encouraging! I’m so happy to be here. Day 2 ends in a few hours for me. I def feel hunger and when it hits hard I just pound the fluids. I’ve also been drinking hot tea. Keep reminding myself of my “whys” and how AMAZING and PROUD I will feel April 1st!

9 Likes

Thanks lovey you sure are special to attract so many new followers your 2nd year in a row. That’s impressive. I remember following your month last year (can’t believe a year has already passed- spooky), waiting for you to respond every few days last year just sitting back in amazement the whole month. I was like, wow. That’s intense-- I knew could do it but i wasn’t, it made me want it too. You were quiet though, I wanted to write you and cheer you on. What a charming group of people this seems to have brought together. I love it. Power thru, we’re in day 2. <3

6 Likes

Finishing up day 2 in a few hours. I felt a little hungry, but it wasn’t too bad. I just got busy cleaning my bathroom. I’m going to have to get seriously creative with my time this month. Some of the things I plan on filling my time with are:

• learning how to make candles
    -rearranging my bedroom and make it more of a sanctuary
    -creating an efficient crafting space
    -learning how to make resin jewelry
    -continue learning how to crochet
    -prep my garden
    -clean my garage
    -set up strength training bench and general workout area in my garage
    -make soap
    -create private meditation space in garage

I would love to hear from you all as to what kinds of things you plan on doing, or would like to learn how to do to while fasting.
So, what are your plans for March?

5 Likes

Day 3 here, all my previous fails seems to have helped me this time around. We have got this guys :muscle:t5:

6 Likes

I almost broke today after I got off work. My family cooked and I saw my favorites. I will complete this!

7 Likes

Day 3 starting up - what will you do today to make sure you have a successful day?

Remember day 3 is ROUGH - “EMBRACE THE SUCK” is what I always tell people when I push them through day 3.

The headaches, the lightheadedness, the irritability, the mood swings etc. Embrace the symptoms! <3

7 Likes

I love love love love this! You will see, “fasting miracles” are truly something that we talk about like crazy in our Zoom Groups, I’ve experienced many myself, and I have seen countless fasting miracles happen to people in our groups and in my day to day life since this community came together!

It definitely is a sacrifice, but once you experience it, it makes you start believing how connected we are with the universe. I am not a religious person, since I was never raised in a religious background, but fasting has really unlocked a big step in my life towards spirituality and believing in a higher power. I know a lot of people who practice their faith in combination with fasting and have seen some tremendous life changes as well as physical/mental/health benefits.

It’s very exciting for you to embark on this journey of your own!!! Take it one day at a time, focus on your very powerful WHY that you described and you will unlock so many new personal levels of self-development, self-actualization, mental clarity, spirituality, and everything else!!!

I personally love to practice my daily gratitude journalling, positive affirmations and habit tracking on this journey as well!

In 2019 when I had started this community, I had posted a “transformation video” which was more “physical” however once you experience 21 and 30 day fasts, you will see first hand, the EMOTIONAL and MENTAL transformation is a total 180! It was for me with all my 21 and 30 day fasts so far which I don’t do for simple “weight loss” but really for the mental growth and clarity! (Of course weight loss and maintenance is a bonus), but the HEALTH benefits, detoxing and cleansing are unbelievable and it took me a few to start really noticing ALL the different changes I felt mentally, physically and spiritually! I have SO much more to learn in the future as well! I hope you can feel the changes in your mood and possible “brain fog” when your body starts to detox from sugar/carbs and your gut microbiome (which is where depression/stress/anxiety and ADHD lives) starts to health and normalize itself!!!

Welcome to our FFTH family and community <3 So happy you are participating in our annual March Madness challenge!!! <3 You got this!!!

9 Likes

Exactly!!! Always fail forward as we say :wink: You got this!!! Progress not perfection! Now you are ready for take off!!!

3 Likes

I love this list!!! Keeping yourself occupied and active and cleaning your house and your body and your mind all totally go hand in hand! I LOVE cleaning while fasting, excited for you to make it more of a sanctuary!!!

4 Likes

You will!! Your mantra this month “I will complete my XYZ day fast successfully”! Great job!!

2 Likes

How are you feeling today!? <3

3 Likes

Boom! On fire this month! So happy to follow your check-ins all month!

3 Likes

How did it go? How do you feel?

2 Likes

I love this!! Keep on posting and holding yourself accountable!! Your WHYS are amazing!!! If you want to dig even deeper - work on filling out 30 WHYS this week!

3 Likes

It is only 1 stupid month, absolutely nothing in the whole of your life, but man, you can make a HUGE diffence in such a short time! :raised_hands::raised_hands:

6 Likes

Here is to Wednesday… just wanted to wish you all the very best of yourself today, and don’t let day three get you down!

You really really really want to do this! :heart::heart::heart:

Amaze yourself! Surprise yourself and keep your mind on positive affirmations! You ARE doing this, you GOT this! :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

7 Likes

:fire::fire::fire: You have come such a long way already!!! You’ve got that fire within you now to push people to get as far along as you are so far!!! :heart_eyes::clap:t2:

4 Likes

Finished day 2 with no issues. Woke up today feeling a little weak. Drank pink Himalayan salt with my water and just trying to be mindful of moving around more mindfully. Don’t want to pass out at work. But other than that. Im feeling great.

8 Likes

I apologize for the absence on day two!

Day two was CRUCIAL for me because it reminded me that there is no “right/good/easy” time to fast, which also means that it’s ALWAYS the right/good time.

Yas knows this, but last year when I did my first 31 day fast I had two jobs, it was the beginning of the pandemic and lock down, my best friend of 20 years decided to end our friendship for quite literally no reason, I had to move into a friends house to protect my grandparents from getting the virus, I was having money struggles etc etc. But it was the first time in my life I did not turn to food.

If you sit and wait for a month that has no birthdays, no friends coming to town to visit, no events, no hardships, no family events, to complete your fast- that’s the month of literally never. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE OBSTACLES EVERY DAY MONTH AND YEAR OF YOUR LIFE. A 30 day fast does not just happen, you have to MAKE it happen.

Yesterday, day 2, was a good reminder of this for me because while it wasn’t as crazy as last year, yesterday I started my first day at a brand new job. They gave me a box of donuts and I had to lie and say I was intermittent fasting and brought them home for my roommates. (They rode in the back seat on the way home. :joy:) But I got it done. I did what I had to do. And you know what? They make more gawd damn donuts every day… it’s so much more rare to make it through a fast and I want that more.

The point is, it is always going to be hard. You have to FORCE yourself through the first week. For me it gets way easier after that, and that seems to be the general consensus. But you have to WORK to get to the good part. It is sooooo worth getting there.

That’s my rant. I’m starting day 3 now! Who’s excited?! It should be everyone! :wink: I love you guys! Happy fasting!

Day three is a ROUGH one. If you’re feeling extra gnarly don’t forget to exhaust ALLLLL your resources!! Message someone, come on here, watch Yas videos etc etc. You have help for a reason! :heart:

10 Likes

Day 3! So far I’m good I was feeling a little hungrier earlier this morning I woke up pretty early before the sun was up but went back to sleep and the hunger has gone away. Today I start a new workout regimen so I’m excited for that. Not excited to feel sore tomorrow since it’s been a while since I worked out but I’ve got this :star_struck:

5 Likes