23 day water fast

Hey guys, I’m new to the group and really excited to start this journey.
I want to lose around 20 kilos(~40 pounds) before my birthday on the 3rd of december.
I’m 23 and I have gained over 20 kgs in the last 3 years and now I’m ready to lose all of this weight. Feeling very nervous about my refeed, I am so scared to gain all the weight back !!
I will start my water fast on the 9th of july and end it on the 31th of july, i will have all of August as a refeed month.
Wish me luck, i need your support to reach my goal.
Thank you and hope everyone is doing great <3

5 Likes

Refeeding can be quite easy. There are threads about it here. I believe too many people think a refeed after a fast is an excuse to go carb crazy and thats the issue. So after a fast the big thing with me is to keep my carbs low like I do going into the fast. Non cream, no or low sugar soups or smoothies, then salad then eggs & bacon are a routine for me now (I take 7 days to refeed after a 21 day fast). I have never regained weight post fasting even though some say regaining a bit of water weight is natural.

1 Like

Woow thats amazing!! Thank you for sharing your experience with me :blush:

1 Like

Welcome! I’ll also be starting my water fast in July, but today is actually my first day.
The reefed tips thread here is really helpful… it helped me with the last fast I did.

Did you gain the weight back the last time you fasted?

Water fast starts now !! 8 July 10:38 pm
I can do it I will do it :blush:
Starting weight: 83.5 kg
Body fat %: 43
I will weigh my self on the 1st of August i don’t want this journey to be only about the numbers on the scale :wave:
Goal weight before my birthday: 60 kg

1 Like

I maintained the weight for about 3 months, then I had some personal problems and my mental health was terrible, because of it I started binge eating. By the end of it I gained 5kg back, but it was my own fault. If you keep a health diet after, you can keep the weight off, just be mindful of what you eat.

Good luck!
My day 1 was yesterday and I’m about to complete day 2 tonight. It’s good to have people doing at the same time you are, it can help with positivist and support.

Thank you for sharing your story with us :blush:

Hey I’ve started the same day as you, I’m going to end my fast at the end of July as well, I hope we both make it :pray::revolving_hearts:

1 Like