21 Days of fasting

Nice going. Should get easier from here on out.

1 Like

You got this, Abby! I’m fasting with you. I just made it 3 days as of 8:00 pm.

2 Likes

Awesome! I just completed day 5 :smiley::smile::smile::smile:

Thanks!! :blush:

Usually I break my fast on day 5 for some reason, it’s always the 5th day! I made it past day 5 and it’s day 6 now and today 5 people said “You’ve lost so much weight!” I was so happy when someone else noticed. I fasted most of last week and the week before that too so I’ve been fasting a ton lately. So excited to keep going :grin::grin:

4 Likes

whooooo! you got this!

1 Like

DAY 6 DOWN. Today I came VERY CLOSE to eating. I picked up a bag of nuts and I sat there for a few minutes and thank god I put them back. I’m so happy I did. I would have been very upset if I would have eaten them. I’m really proud of myself for making it this far. It’s a challenge for sure but it’s day 7 now and it’s been awhile since I’ve made it 7 days. My next goal is to make it to 13 days beating my longest ever fast at 12 days. :grin: I can’t wait to write “day 14 done”. I’m looking forward to taking my after photos. Today is the first day I thought about food because the other days I’ve just been living my life like food doesn’t even exist! It’s so late right now I totally messed up my sleeping schedule but I have work on Monday so I’ll fix it by then. :sleeping:

7 Likes

Well done :+1:

1 Like

Thanks!! :blush::pray:t2:

HECK YEA! Great job, that take a lot of mental strength! Before you know it, you will be hitting and smashing all of your goals :slight_smile:

1 Like

I keep forgetting to come and update! I did a little crutch meal… I didn’t gain any weight from it so that’s good. I reset my timer though because I feel guilty if I don’t reset it lol. It’s day 3 now. I’ve been fasting so much lately I’m not sure how long I’m going to fast because I’m just so psychically exhausted. The whole corona thing is a bit scary but the best thing to do is stay away and stay updated. I haven’t been out of the house in a few days & not planning to anytime soon. I really don’t have much food in the house because I didn’t panic buy anything. I guess that’s another reason to keep fasting in case this turns out to be really bad. I’m hoping it blows over soon…

3 Likes

Hang in there! The 1st 3 to 4 days are the toughest as you transition from glucose to ketones. The transition is harder if you also have a sugar/carb addiction. It gets better.

I’ll be starting my 5th or 6th prolonged fast this Friday and I can tell you from experience that those 1st 3 days never get much easier.

2 Likes

Totally messed up again :woman_facepalming:t2: I know I’m terrible I’m sure the people reading this feel like they’re listening to a broken record. I always say I’m gonna do it then I never do… I’m fully responsible for my actions. I am fully responsible for what I am putting into my body. I can just tell myself no. Today it’s been hot for once and it’s been kinda cold these last few weeks but the temperatures are rising and I’m gonna have to start wearing shorts and tank tops and I’m not ready for that yet! I’m going to use this quarantine to my advantage. I’m tired of my own self. There’s a lot of things in my life I cannot control but one thing I can control is the things I put into my body! I’m tired of making excuses for myself because there just isn’t any! I hate coming on here to post these things because I’m embarrassed and disappointed in myself…But it’s better to just be honest on here. I’m human and I make mistakes but this is a goal that I’ve had set for awhile. Just like Yas said, you wouldn’t break a promise to your friends or family so why would you break one to yourself? I’m starting NOW. No more excuses seriously. I’m going to set a goal of 7 days. I know I can make it to that and I’m PROMISING myself to get to that. I’m coming here every single day to update. No more excuses. I know I can do this. No more scales either. I’ll weigh either halfway or at the end. I will be back tomorrow. Fail forward! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

You never fail until you give up, so keep pushing forward and eventually you’ll push yourself into strides. We appreciate your honesty here and the community here is so supporting that I’m sure they will help with any questions or issues you may encounter along your journey. Stay positive and everything will work out!! :hugs: I really like your mindset of not giving up and I quite honestly believe you can achieve your goal. If you fall again, stand up and keep going! You got this!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG, I haven’t even been updating! I hope everyone is staying safe during this pandemic. I’ve barely left the house. Honestly I have lost track of what day I am on. I already completed my first fast. I don’t have a scale here since I’ve just moved. But when I looked in the mirror I couldn’t be happier. I’m really freaking proud of myself. This is round 2, because I’m still not completely confident. Once this fast is complete I will show you all my results. Happy tears rn. Remember, stay inside, stay safe, and happy fasting, OMAD, or whatever you may be doing during this time. I’ve watched a lot of Netflix and slept a whole lot… lol. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m not really sure why I haven’t been on here in so long, I guess I’ve just been avoiding it. I’ve been fasting a lot lately, but they way I’ve been doing it is not healthy. I feel like this has turned into a disorder. I don’t want to alarm anyone or try to make fasting seem unhealthy or like some thing you should avoid because that’s so untrue. I’m just saying if you’re anything like me and you’ve become obsessed with it to the point where you barely eat, that’s when it becomes unhealthy. I started this at 175 and now down to 145. I’m currently fasting now because I want to get to my goal weight of 120-125. I’m doing a 25-30 day fast, not sure yet. I feel like I’ve completely changed my relationship with food, I haven’t even wanted anything. I get cravings here and there but I just ignore them and they go away. A lot of people in my family are worried about me, but I know what’s best for me. I had a bit of issues with a disorder before and I feel like I might be having them again but I’m still going to continue to fast, hoping that will reset my body and also my way of thinking… currently on day 4.

Hi Abby,

I looked at your first entry and your goal weight back then was 140 and now you’re reducing that to 120-125. I’m a bit concerned about that. Would you mind sharing that. You can private message me if you feel more comfortable doing it privately.

I’ve been at this since August 9th of last year and have consistently journaled here since @Yasemin established the forum last October. My track record so far is a 40-day and two 21-days. Currently finishing Day 16 of another 21-day. However, I developed a protocol that I strictly adhere to and I’m under the supervision of an endocrinologist at the USC medical school. I also worked with Anna in helping her complete her 30-day for mental health reasons. I bring this up not to brag but to show that I’m showing my concern based on experience.

Let me know as I only have your best interests at heart.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. You see, now that I’m 145, I’m still not happy with my appearance. I set a goal of 140 so it would be more realistic for me. Now that I’m almost there, I have a new goal.

Ok that makes sense. When I began at 278 pounds at 5’8”, I never dreamed that I would ever reach my high school weight where I’m at now.

However, while I continue to weight myself daily I’m now focusing on body fat percentage and adding lean muscle mass as I’ve seen too many prolonged fasters ending up looking like Holocaust survivors. It’s the reason that one of my required phases in between fasts is a 30-day workout. I bring this up since you are not happy with your appearance. I recommend you check out Rebecca’s before & after pics where she did NOT lose much scale weight but added a lot of lean muscle mass. Something to consider…