21 Days of fasting

Today I am embarking on my 21 day fast. I was away from home for about 2 weeks and it made me come to a LOT of realizations. I’ve been trying to fast for 2+ years now. It’s never been sustainable because I didn’t WANT it. & you know what they say… if you want it bad enough you WILL do it. The longest fast I’ve ever done was 12 days and I felt incredible and I even reached my goal weight. The bad part is I gained all the weight back because of my bad binge eating habit. Recently I have completed a 5 day fast. I lost 10 pounds and even kept the weight off. For the first time in 2 weeks I went on the scale and dreaded it because I was worried I had gained the weight back. The number on the scale shocked me. 158.0. I started at 165 pounds. I feel like I can finally reach my goals now that I’m in the right mindset. Before life just got in the way and I was dealing with a lot of personal issues but despite that, there’s no excuse. Fasting helps so many different things. I feel so much more confident and self aware when I am fasting, it’s so amazing. I am so thankful I discovered fasting 2 years ago & even with all my failed attempts it has helped me tremendously. My new goal weight is 140 pounds. That might change later but I don’t want to make an unrealistic goal. Here’s to fasting!!

11 Likes

Always good to have a goal that when you begin feels like it’s just out of your reach as it will force you to grow.

Technical note: to keep future entries on this single thread, CLICK on REPLY in the lower right hand corner.

1 Like

It is amazing what your body will do to get what it wants. It will whine and throw tantrum like a little child. It is very difficult to be the grown-up in the face of this. If you give in to the child (who always wants suger) you will end up looking like the spoiled child. The alternative is to be and look like the adult.

1 Like

Today is now day three. I forgot to take pictures on day one so I took some today. Weight today is 154.4 pounds. Only 14 pounds away from my goal weight. I’m thinking since I’m doing 21 days I’m going to lose more than 14 pounds as I have previously during fasting, so most likely I will be under my goal weight which is even better. Honestly, this fast has gone so smoothly so far. In other fasts I dreaded it because I kept thinking about how long it would take and how hard it would be. Right now I’m just here for the journey and I’m going with the flow. If you stop worrying about how long it takes it will go by so much quicker and it will be easier. You really need to change your way of thinking if you want to be successful in fasting. I don’t have much else to say as today I just rested a lot because I stayed at home. I did start posting sticky notes for every day and I hung them up in my room so I’m constantly reminded of how long I’ve been doing this and that’s my motivation to keep going. :grinning:

3 Likes

You are doing really well👍.

1 Like

Day three done , day four now. Only a few days away from hitting one week. Then just two to go… !

2 Likes

Just saw you’re doing 21 days, awesome!

1 Like

Day 4 done!!! Today I woke up feeling very nauseous but only for about an hour and it went away. Today I mostly cleaned and did some laundry to keep me busy. My dad called me today and said he was bringing me something. I thought maybe it was going to be food and that put me in a terrible mood because I was afraid that instead of giving it to someone else I might have eaten it… thank god when he got here it was just a bird. I had been telling him how I was going to buy another parakeet for the one I have now. That kept me busy for a couple hours, especially when she decided to escape from her cage and I had to get her back in lol. Today I’m feeling hungry still but I’m fine. Weigh in today is 152.0 pounds. Super excited for this journey as I’ve only just begun.

2 Likes

Day five is now complete. Today I finally experienced the coldness. I’ve been freezing. 2 days ago I had a lot of acne and my skin is always clear. So of course I picked at it, and the next day it was literally gone. You can’t even see where it was. My skin looks so good even better than usual. I haven’t been moisturizing or anything like that I’ve just been washing my face that’s it. The benefits of fasting are crazy. I’ve been wanting to eat so bad but I’ve built that resilience. Tomorrow I’m supposed to go out to eat with my father & sister & then see a movie so that’s gonna be tough not eating while everyone else is, but I’ve done it many times before while I was fasting. Weigh in today: 151.4 pounds. :grin: So close to getting in the 140’s…

2 Likes

That’s great as every day you look in the mirror will be motivation to keep going,

1 Like

Oh lord. About 3 hours ago I randomly starting puking a lot. This happened to me a long time ago when I first started fasting but that was like a year ago. I tried to wait it out but I didn’t want to end up doing more harm than good so I ended up breaking the fast :pensive: I’m sad about it. But I’m not stopping I promise you that. This was just a minor setback. I’m not letting this get me too down in the dumps. Today is a new day. I’m going to start over at day 1. I might be sad but I’m not letting this stop me. I will not stop this journey until I’m at my goal. I’ll keep on updating every single day so the couple of people that read my posts know I’m not quitting. Thanks everyone who replies it makes me feel good knowing there’s a whole community of kind people here. It really motivates me. Here’s to fasting! Let’s try again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Are you feeling okay now ? :pensive::pensive::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m feeling much better after my little meal. I’m not sure what was going on. It kinda scared me, but I’m okay now, thank you for asking :slight_smile: Excited to keep going on this journey regardless of my setback! It motivates me even more to keep going. Looking forward to some new YouTube videos from you!

2 Likes

Keep at it.:smiley:

1 Like

Okay everyone! Day 1 down! Yesterday I literally felt so full all day. I am just now feeling hungry at day 2. Yesterday I still went to dinner and a movie and of course I didn’t eat anything. The waitress kept asking “are you sure you don’t want anything?” Lol. I also went to Walmart yesterday and bought a planner!:grin: My sister thought I was crazy for spending $10 on a planner & I was just thinking well if only you knew how much Yasemin spent on her happy planners​:rofl: Side note: I bought some castor oil I’m gonna try putting that on my eyebrows and eyelashes to see if they grow or get darker or anything. Hopefully it works.

2 Likes

Good going! You bounced right back.:grinning:

1 Like

It’s very nice outside today. Spring is nearing. This makes me want to keep pushing through. I want to go ahead and put my goals here to keep myself accountable. After this fast I am going to be doing Keto + OMAD. Before I was doing OMAD but just eating whatever. Not necessarily healthy food… After this fast I’m getting a gym membership & getting in shape. This fast is just the kickstart to my fitness journey. I know I don’t have a huge amount of body fat to lose but I definitely wouldn’t want anyone to see me naked hahaha. This June I’m taking a cruise to the Bahamas and then going to Daytona Beach for a few days so I’m going to make sure I’m in shape before then. I want to look back and be proud of myself for fasting & going to the gym. I don’t want to look back still weighing the same and feeling ugly and uncomfortable in my own skin and thinking “I wish I would have fasted…” Right now I’m not being too down on myself. Before I used to look in the mirror and tell myself every little thing I hated. I rarely even wanted to look into a mirror because I was so insecure and felt so uncomfortable. I still do but I learned to love my CURRENT body. Or should I say TEMPORARY body. I’m 5’7 and weigh 154.0 pounds. I haven’t fit into a size 5 in nearly 2 years. Right now I wear a size 7. I want to be able to wear my size 5 jeans and shorts again. I recently spent a LOT of money buying clothes (they don’t fit me right now) and I’m going to fit into them by the end of this fast. If you know me then you know I like all those popular brands like fashion nova and Aeropostale & all that jazz lol. I’ve always been into fashion so for me to be this weight and not be able to wear the clothes I love is upsetting but it’s okay!! Because at least right now I’m trying. & I’m doing it. I just have to wait a couple weeks…

1 Like

As a former CPT (Certified Personal Trainer) with one of the major gym chains in the U.S., I recommend you save your money on a gym membership. Unless of course you need to be around people and need a Personal Trainer to keep you motivated.

If you are beginning your fitness journey you can accomplish a lot with a minimum amount of equipment and following workouts on YouTube. You may want to check out my Daily Journal, S2E2 30-Day Flexibility and Endurance Journal. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it. I’ve had a lot of success the beginning of last year with my gym but I cancelled because I lost motivation. For some reason I just have a lot more motivation going to the gym than I do at home.

You may want to take a closer look at “why” you lost motivation and if it still holds true before laying any money out, If you decide to do it, find a workout buddy, From experience knowing someone is waiting for you at the gym will cut your “bailing out” by 50%. Up to 75% of my business clients hated wasting money and it was a BIG motivator for them showing up each session.