21 Days of fasting

I’m not going to be posting here every day… I’m still fasting everyone!!! That’s the reason I’m not doing it every day is because I’m EXHAUSTED. I think I’ve come down with strep throat or something. One of my family members had it and they were over here… so I’m assuming now I have it. I just feel like crap. I’m excited that I’m kind of ahead of everyone on the March fasting group because it’s like a head start kind of. I’m excited for it to start so I can watch the lives every day. For anyone currently fasting y’all are awesome and we got this. & for anyone doing the March fast, same for you! I’m so happy I chose this lifestyle even if it kicks my ass sometimes😂

1 Like

Been there. There were days where all I could do was stay under the covers and rest. Luckily I work from home and schedule my own work.

Hang in there. Later fasts become much easier as the body gets used to:

1. Transitioning from glucose to ketosis
  2. Running on ketones.
1 Like

I work from home as well, so much easier to fast. Thanks for replying, you always have some useful information for me. I appreciate it😁

2 Likes

I want to see some more journalling!!! Self-reflection is key during this journey :sparkling_heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been a slacker!! I’ll be coming here daily again. Today is day 3. I’ve got about 6 hours until day 4😁 I’m not going to be using the scale at all during this fast so no weight updates. I’ve felt pretty sluggish but I was already ill when I began this fast so I’m sure that’s contributing. Fasting heals, so I’m sure I feel start to feel better within the next couple days. I keep getting ahead of myself, I need to slow down & realize this is a process that takes time. We got to take this day by day!

Day 3 done!!! Yes! I scrolled up and was looking at my previous fast, man :confused: wish I could have kept going with that one. It’s okay though, because the next milestone is 5 days and that’s only 2 days from now. We’ve got this. I’m SUPER hungry right now. For me though, I like feeling hungry. It makes me feel good to be reminded that I’m fasting and my stomach is empty and not full of bad foods! I did a 12 day water fast one year ago, & wow, looking back I had so much motivation. I wish I had as much motivation as I did then. Regardless, I’m fasting now, & that’s all that matters. I think I’m about to go to sleep after I finish this episode of the 100 :grin: It’s a really good show, you should totally watch it. Best part is, there’s like no food in the show so don’t even worry, you won’t be thinking of food haha. Anyways, I will be back tomorrow for another update! If you’re reading this you’re awesome :clap:t2: :sunglasses:, happy fasting everyone. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Wow. I’m having a pretty bad day. I looked in the mirror and just felt really embarrassed… but you know what? I’m gonna post these photos. These are my before photos. Even though it’s super embarrassing to post these, I need to be accountable. I need to stop making excuses. I’ve done really well lately with fasting other than the little taco I ate several days ago… shouldn’t have went with a taco but I did and it’s done so oh well. These are my photos weighing at 153 pounds right now… I’m really bloated right now as well so I feel even worse about myself but it’ll be fine. This is the most I’ve consistently fasted in my life so I’m really proud of myself for that. One day at a time. When I complain about my weight to other people they just say “you’re just built thick”. No. Ever since I was a kid I was really skinny. 3rd grade is when I started gaining weight from eating poorly and lack of exercise and I never fixed it. I’m making a change now. I’ve recently stopped talking to this guy I liked because I felt so embarrassed and insecure and I felt I couldn’t give him the relationship he wanted because of my issues. Been sad about it lately. I know this is me kind of rambling but this is more of a little journal for myself so I can look back and see this later on. Anyways, enough of the rambling. Tomorrow is gonna be a better day. Just because I feel sad now doesn’t mean I always have to feel this way and neither do you. Just keep fasting. My small goal for now is to make it to day 6. (Day 3 right now)

1 Like

Daily goal today, stop comparing yourself to others! Everyone’s body is different. You are not them and they are not you. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day at work… dreading that. It was really difficult on Friday while I was fasting because I was so exhausted. My little goal is to make it 3 more days. (I reset my timer) Today we’re back at day 1. Usually when I would eat I would let it snowball into a week where I wouldn’t even fast. This time every time I’ve eaten I got right back into it the next day. I did a light workout today. Nothing major. I’m determined to keep going. I haven’t been on the scale because it’s just not necessary. So… kinda back to square one :point_up:t2:. Oh well. I’m making a promise to myself to make it to 7 days and I will update every day so you know I’m doing this. I’m serious about it!! I’ve made a commitment and it’s too late to turn back now. My health is important to me because it’s not healthy for me to be at this weight. :pregnant_woman:t2: lol! See you tomorrow :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Day one down! I worked all day yesterday I was so exhausted when I get home I fell right asleep. I just now woke up lol. I haven’t felt hungry at all I just feel kind of ill. It feels like I’m actually taking this serious now. Before I wasn’t taking fasting serious and it’s not even about weight loss it’s about my health. The habits I had before were so unhealthy. The way I was eating was unhealthy. I just want to get in shape and make sure my body is healthy. This fast I’m gonna lower to 2 weeks instead of 21. I think it’ll be easier for me to reach that goal. & when I make it to 14 I might go for the 21. But I’m determined to reach the 2 weeks. There’s absolutely no excuse. I’m done making excuses for myself, cut the bullish!t. Fasting is hard, but I can do it and I will do it. I’m strong and I got this!!! :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Day 2 done. I was so exhausted today more than I’ve ever been on any fast. I slept a lot today and did come cleaning. I’m about to go to sleep so I’m not gonna make this long just wanted to come here to update :grin:

3 Likes

Day 3 done.

2 Likes

Day four done !! My next goal is to make it to one week. :grin:

1 Like

Nice going. Should get easier from here on out.

1 Like

You got this, Abby! I’m fasting with you. I just made it 3 days as of 8:00 pm.

2 Likes

Awesome! I just completed day 5 :smiley::smile::smile::smile:

Thanks!! :blush:

Usually I break my fast on day 5 for some reason, it’s always the 5th day! I made it past day 5 and it’s day 6 now and today 5 people said “You’ve lost so much weight!” I was so happy when someone else noticed. I fasted most of last week and the week before that too so I’ve been fasting a ton lately. So excited to keep going :grin::grin:

4 Likes

whooooo! you got this!

1 Like

DAY 6 DOWN. Today I came VERY CLOSE to eating. I picked up a bag of nuts and I sat there for a few minutes and thank god I put them back. I’m so happy I did. I would have been very upset if I would have eaten them. I’m really proud of myself for making it this far. It’s a challenge for sure but it’s day 7 now and it’s been awhile since I’ve made it 7 days. My next goal is to make it to 13 days beating my longest ever fast at 12 days. :grin: I can’t wait to write “day 14 done”. I’m looking forward to taking my after photos. Today is the first day I thought about food because the other days I’ve just been living my life like food doesn’t even exist! It’s so late right now I totally messed up my sleeping schedule but I have work on Monday so I’ll fix it by then. :sleeping:

7 Likes

Well done :+1:

1 Like