21 Day Newbie

Good evening, tomorrow is my mental prep day. I plan to write out my plan, my visualization for end results, a list of things I want to get done in the next three weeks to help keep me busy, and print out my water fasting schedule. I want to pick up my supplements as well.

:scroll: A little history is Iā€™ve done 48s and I did a 21 day OMAD a while back.

My Whys:
:one: Joint relief - I had knee surgery back in 1997 and itā€™s getting stiff and sore as I age and from recent weight gain I believe.
:two: Weight loss - After having my son in 2016 itā€™s been a struggle to lose weight.
:three: Mental health - Back in 2012/13 I was at the peak of my fitness journey and I felt AMAZING. I was eating super clean, working out 5-6 days a week, competed in some fitness competitions and had such a clear head. I remember being in the best of moods even on rainy days.

My plan for a 21-day water fasting success:
:droplet:Complete one project a day for 21 days to stay busy
:droplet:Watch one water fasting video each day for 21 days
:droplet:Record in my daily journal online at WFF
:droplet:Read my Whys each morning and when I may be struggling
:droplet:Meditate each morning for 5 minutes to visualize my desired end results

Supplements on hand:
:pill: Centrum multi
:pill: Magnesium
:pill: Potassium
:salt: Himalayan salt

Start date July 14
End date August 4

Thank you in advance for being support for me as I begin this journey to better health. I welcome any starter advice and encouragement along the way!

~Jes

9 Likes

Greetings! I am relatively new here. I started my 21 day water fast on June 15th. And after completing it, on Sunday, July 5th, I did a one week re-feed, and now I am onto round two, LOL. I have a lot of extra weight to drop. I, too, had accute right knee pain, and after five days of fasting most of the pain was gone, completely. The docs wanted to operate in about a month, if my symptoms were not better. The only ā€œtwingeā€ I feel in the knee, is if I knee down, when I do yoga. But I have not even noticed that pain, in the last 3 days. Today, it is my day 1 of my second 21 day fast. So, you definitely will not be alone. I decided NOT to weigh myself, as the scale has, in the past, made me crazy, and I want to focus on health. It is kinda a no-brainer to guess I would drop some weight, if I am not taking in any calories, for 3 weeks, right? I know I did, because I took my measurements, and I noticed the clothes got looser. I will refeed, as of the 4th of August for a week (maybe I might extend the fast, if I feel pretty goodā€¦I am open to that, 'cause I ainā€™t a friend of those 1-3 days of beginning a fast.) I wish us all happy fasting! Thanks for such a well-organized, well thought out plan. You have got this!

4 Likes

Hello @schmidtsmia and thank you for your reply! Iā€™m super excited about the next three weeks and canā€™t wait to see how I feel. I enjoy working out and lately even the simplest task have my knee feeling very old. Iā€™m 39 years old.

Great idea on the measurements! I will do those and pics/video today.

Congratulations on finishing your first and starting your second 21 day fast! :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

I love your journal entry!!

2 Likes

@Yasemin thank you! I accidentally put it in ā€œwater fastingā€ opposed to ā€œdaily journalā€ :grimacing: is there a way to change the topic after submitted?

Your videos are inspiring.

8 hours into my 21 day fast!

1 Like

I hear you!!! I am now 48 hours into this fast. Day 3-5 could be hard for me, but forewarned is fore-armedā€¦and who knows, I might sail right through the weekend, but I am skeptic, right now. I did yoga today, and my right knee did not give me any problems. Fasting is just effing amazing.
You are NOT alone, I am fasting for 21 days, too. It will get easy-peasy, when autophagy kicks inā€¦Have a really relaxing, fun day.
Until tomorrow, I wish us all, HAPPY FASTING.

1 Like