Yvonne's No More Excuses Journal

Day 1- I am excited today to start this challenge. I am 51 years old and have 4 sons. I am happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart! I live in Michigan. I have gained roughly 100# since 2019. I had my weight under control for over 15 yrs but funny how quickly those habits are always lurking in the background for a crack. I am a totally different person with this weight. I have become less social and more avoiding depressed. I was in a cast with a walker for about 4mo due to torn tendons, then covid and it just slipped away fast. I know sugar was at the front of it. I AM going to detox myself from all the garbage and reset my palate. My longest fast was 7 days but did not have a plan when refeed came. I want to finish strong and not start 2021 this way. My family worries about my health. My cholesterol is high and sugar. I love watching Yasmine’s videos because she always makes me laugh and has amazing motivational energy! I never join things like this so this is stepping out of my comfort zone. I am not very electronic smart so this too is a learning experience. I also want to work on my self-care. As a Mom and Wife, I tend to put myself behind my husband and sons. No more bullshit -No more excuses- No other option!!! See you at the finish line!

6 Likes

Welcome Yvonna! I love the you have been married to your HS sweetheart for 28 years and have a family of six. To me, you are living the dream. That was what I had imagined for my life when I was (much) younger. :slight_smile:
COVID has really turned the world upside down! It’s amazing how we can all evaluate our coping mechanisms during a world crisis. Perhaps now that some time has passed and we have (somewhat) acclimated to this new state of living, we can reign in what ails us. Hopefully.

Glad you are here and look forward to checking out your journey!

3 Likes

Yes! Love the charisma!! No more bullshitting, it’s THE TIME to have some TIME for ya-self :grin::grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: Cheering for You, whilst mine is slowly coming to an end #1day.

1 Like

Hi @yvonna7 !

I’m a 52 year old spinster and have managed to kick off 62lbs as of today, and started back in June. :blush:

Get yourself some calendars and wall stickies (there’s a video on that).

Post every day, even a couple times a day - it will help with that electronics apprehension as well as therapeutic for the fast.

There’s all kinds of challenges - feel free to join some.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Day 1 again after 10-day water fast but had a very bad refeed. This time I will do the work that I put down on the homework papers! Challenging myself to finish out the month of November since I know I am capable of 10. I felt so good gut wise and proud mentally. I am driven to finish this year on a positive note. I will journal more to make myself accountable too.

2 Likes

I am beginning my new life choices at midnight. Going to midnight mass is a great start. This year I have promised myself and others this binging would end. I have gained 80 pounds in 2020. This weight is causing me health issues both physical and mental. I cannot continue on this path. I have a trip to visit my son in March and I would like to sit comfortably in a seat on the plane. I have finally admitted to myself that sugar is a major culprit. I can’t imagine not having sugar again but I can for just today. I realize I cannot just have a little. I can’t have one. I am not being honest to myself when I convince myself I can. I have cried too much and missed too many social engagements because of my shame of body. I want to be free again. My biggest struggle isn’t water fasting , it is patience. Patience to see that consistency wins in the end. Regret does no good at this point and doesn’t change anything. so. appropriately enough on the Eve of Jesus’ birth for me to have my rebirth. Beginning my water fast and detox of processed food and sugar. I have my stickies for 21 days but one day at a time as Yasmine suggests small goals within the large goal is less overwhelming. This journal will be for my personal accountability and journaling my ups and downs so I can look back and reflect. I take comfort in knowing there are others on this same journey and I am not alone. You can and WILL do this Yvonne!

4 Likes

The first day is almost done. Feel like crap from sugar withdraws. So sweet that my husband and son wanted to fast today as support but graciously declined that offer. They are super supportive. I got on the scale and wasn’t surprised by the number 272.4 I have been gorging on everything without any rules. My body hurt so bad yesterday and was very embarrassed at midnight mass when they sat us up on the balcony and was out of breath from the stairs(the mask didn’t help either)! Staying positive and mentally strong. It can only get better from this point.

3 Likes

Day 2 in the books, was a bit of a struggle. My head was pounding from sugar/food withdrawal and my emotions right on the surface. going to watch a movie and go to sleep after. I didn’t drink much water today and that may be a cause of my headaches. Got on the scale this morning at 264.4 I shed a lot of water weight but ill take it!!!

1 Like

Try and drink a pint of water before bed and another in the morning, it’s hard to keep on top of water in the first week I think especially if your feeling abit naff
I find a touch of salt helps with the headaches at the start too.

1 Like

Walked 30 minutes on treadmill in morning and 30 minutes outside in the evening. Which is probably my last outside fir a bit weather advisory tonite in Michigan! Treated myself to an infrared red sauna Groupon towards ten 30 minutes. Went for a my first one today and I felt amazing physically but especially nurturing and pampering my inner self!

2 Likes

Ready for this weeks challenge! Rewatched some of Yasmines older videos for some no more bullshit rants to get me pumped. Threw out all the junk in cupboards- out of sight & out of reach! Looking to detox from sugar and processed junk and gain control over my appetite and binging.

4 Likes

You didn’t eat it!!! You’ve won already!!!

1 Like