When to expect hunger?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and currently undergoing my first prolonged fast.

Having read The Science and Fine Art of Fasting by Herbert Shelton I set out to fast for health to rejuvenate my body and heal my digestive organs. I am currently on day 19.

When I started I was already very lean weighing 55 kg at 190cm. My hunger has completely left me since day two of the fast, and so far I have seen no signs of it’s return. I take this as a good sign, that my body is accepting the fast, and using as many resources as possible to do the needful healing.

For the last couple of days I have been waking up every day thinking: Today is the day! I can’t possibly go any longer, but still no sign of hunger. I guess I should just be grateful for every bonus day that my body takes to heal, instead of being impatient.

If you have any experiences, encouragements and realisations in this regard I would be very grateful to learn from you.

Yours sincerely,
Gaura

3 Likes

I guess that it is pretty rare that someone fasts till the return of true hunger, but I would like to share my experience with you so far.

It is quite amazing, considering that I was lean to begin with upon starting my fast, that I have now fasted for one month, starting on the 11th of October.

I haven’t felt any hunger whatsoever, and I am extremely emaciated at present, but I trust nature and my instincts will not allow me to starve, so I intend to continue the fast till completion.

I am quite curious when the hunger will come, and what it will feel like, from what I have read, it seems worth waiting for just for the experience in and of itself. Will keep you posted.

Wow! I’m so impressed with your lack of hunger.