Trying again 100 days lets see how i do

hey i am back and going to try water fast for 100 days…starting 11/12/2022 am 67.30 kilos ( 148.3 lbs)… I am trying to have alkaline water. Once i finish i want to do a vegan diet.depending how far i get actually. I have never made it past 23 hours.

1 Like

Wow. 100 days might be a new world record. :trophy: I’ll be happy to read anything you write.

Day 1: Made it to my first ever 24 hours of no food. Last two days i have had the runs not sure why maybe cos i am drinking alkaline water?

1 Like

thanks you i have tried several times but going to see how much i can do.

Hello Brianna,
your motivation to fast for such a long time is enviable. I have much experience with fasting but I never did more than 2 weeks. During my fasting attempts I discovered that “rolling fasts” (it basically means that you fast for a certain time, then you break the fast and after a couple of hours you start fasting again) have so much more advantages for a lot of people. Someone who brought me to rolling fasts is Jerome from youtube https://www.youtube.com/@FinallyFasting
I heartly recommend his videos to everyone who wants to lose weight with fasting.
(In case you’re wondering, that’s not an advertisement)
I did different rolling fasts: The one I liked the most were 65 hours of fasting and then about 4-6 hours of eating (2 plantbased high protein meals and a few snacks) and then again 65 of fasting and so on. 36-48 hours of fasting and 1-2 hours of eating is perfectly fine too. Many people also do 72 hours of fasting and then eat for a few hours. No matter which fasting cycle you choose, if you eat less than you consume it will help you lose weight. Fasting makes it much more doable and easier. I never had to count calories with fasting and I still lost the weight. I just tracked my fast with a fasting tracker/timer (I used the app “zero”) and ate nutritious meals when I didn’t fast.
The advantages of rolling fasts for me are:

• I lose more weight with rolling fasts than with extended fasts because extended fasts affect my metabolism negatively (probably because all I want all day is lay down)

• I can go on walks during my fasts without the fear of getting too dizzy which helps weight loss as well (it just means I can burn more calories than on extended fasts)

• I don’t get too lethargic and have more energy than on extended fasts

• I don’t have to use so many supplements to get me through a fast (I still recommend a pinch of salt in water, magnesium and potassium)

• I’m feeling fine mentally because I don’t have to force myself through weeks of fasting. Knowing I can eat when I really need it saved me from ending my fast with a binge

• I’m not afraid of the refeeding syndrome (I wouldn’t recommend breaking the fast with something heavy, normally I break the fast with a green smoothie or with a vegetable soup)
    Breaking a fast after 3 days isn’t as dangerous as breaking a 100 day fast

My conclusion:
100 days of fasting are way too dangerours without medical supervision. Rolling fasts can be so much easier for a LOT of people.

I wish you all the best with getting to your goal weight, you can do this, I really believe in you.
If you have questions, feel free to contact me here :blush:
(I would be your fasting buddy if you need one, because right now I want to lose 15 kg (33 lbs))