Tracee's Fasting Journal

26th June…I can do this. Don’t know what to say. Watched a bunch of videos on
youtube and have decided on a 21 day water fast. I really really really want to lose weight. So help me God.

6 Likes

Welcome to our fasting community!

Technical note: to keep future entries on this single thread, click on reply in the lower right hand corner.

1 Like

Ok, let me ask several questions to get some background if you don’t mind:

1. Do you have a refined carbohydrate addiction? Meaning do you eat for pleasure, boredom and/or stress when you’re not hungry?

2. What fasting experience do you have?

3. Did you have a low-carb meal the day before you began your fast?

Let me know!

Having a refined carbohydrate addiction exacerbates the average 3-day “transition” symptoms as your body switches from using glucose for energy to fat. Since its been such a long time since your last fasting experience, when the body confronts a cutoff from calories it slows your metabolism down which has various symptoms, the most common feeling cold, irritable and hungry. The body does NOT like change and will pull every trick to get you back to consuming calories. Even generating dreams of breaking a fast.

That’s bad enough but when you throw on top “withdrawal” symptoms from refined carbohydrates its just too much stress on the body especially when you didn’t prep your body with a low carb meal to shorten the transition time.

Recommendations:

1. Focus on breaking your refined carbohydrate addiction first.
  2. Make sure you do 2 to 3 days of low-carb meals before starting your next fast

Forgot to ask do you drink more than 3 cups of coffee per day?

Thank you for the advice and no, I do not consume coffee. I read somewhere that himalayan pick salt can help during the fast but I cannot stand the taste. Is there anything else at least with flavour that I can use?

The minimum required supplements you need to maintain your electrolyte level are: salt, magnesium and potassium. Without salt it manifests itself in headaches. Any salt will do it doesn’t have to be Himalayan salt.

Good to hear you don’t have a caffeine addiction. Caffeine withdrawal is nasty. As a former computer guy, I had to detox myself several times over the years! LOL

1 Like

Ohk, so this is like my millionth time attempting a water fast again. I started a few months ago and tried to document it here but I could not continue. I have about 2 months before school resumes and I really really want to get in shape. So here I am…again.
The time is too short for me to keep procrastinating so I am confident that I would be able to complete this fast. Since it is weight that I am focused on here, I’d just document my weight.

Starting weight: 190.2

I’d also be praying during this fast but that is not why I am writing here…I just wanted to add that. 21 days here I come!! :sob: :weary: :sunglasses:

2 Likes