The fasting Newbie

Yes I am new to fasting. I don’t know if I did everything ok before fasting but my mind is ready and my hub is helping me with meal prep. So here I am day 1 is almost done. I am hungry but my mood was better than I thought it would be. I am particularly cold. My goal is 7 days for now. I also want to see how I can beat the inflammation in my body, which has been a lot worse recently. What do you use to clear the build up in your intestines. Can I use drinkable aloes vera?

3 Likes

I’m not an expert…so I’ll let them give the advice on the aloe. I personally just drink water. My first fasts were the hardest and once I get past day 4 it’s much easier for me. It helps me with inflammation. My current fast I started to notice a big difference on day 3 with decreased inflammation. I’m on day 6. Glad day 1 was better than you expected and can’t wait to hear your successes. You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Day 4: Feeling really ill. Headache, dizziness, palpitations. I took Himalayan salt in water, electrolytes. Should I have broth…I can’t even walk.

I’m so sorry you were struggling. It was 2 days ago so hopefully you got some help. If you had to break your fast, you can always begin again. Maybe reach out to moderator.

Hi. I’m sorry that you’re struggling. I remember how hard fasting was in the beginning.

My advice is to go slow. When I first started, my first “long” fast was 3 days. Then I gradually build up my “fasting stamina”.

I only drink water and herbal tea, and believe anything with any calories will only make your adjustment take longer.

Good luck. And remember not to be too hard on yourself :hugs: