Teeluks 30 day fast journal

I’m kicking off the year with a 30 day fast. I last did a 30 day fast over 5 years ago. I’ve done frequent 7-14 day fasts.

I always still get a bit nervous, even though I’ve been able to complete many of my fasts.

My goals:
-lose 15 kg (from 72-57kg)
-connect more with my body through daily meditation and breathwork

I am currently starting Day 6 and thought I should start engaging in this community more after lurking for a few days.

Days 1-3 went smoothly. I had work as a distraction and my body usually does well the first 3 days.

Days 4-5 were tougher. I had hunger pangs and headaches. Drinking more water and adding salt helped a lot. These days the bargaining began, should I do a shorter time? should I break one day a week and restart? etc. I decided to commit to the 30 days and will continue to connect to what my body truly needs

Here we go! …

2 Likes

Day 6- woke up this morning feeling calm, no hunger, no headaches.

Will do my usual meditation and breathwork to kick-start the day.

I feel very in tune with everything around me. I like this feeling.

May be tmi- but I have a hydro colon cleansing today. Haven’t done that in some time, nervous and looking forward to it as the same time.

Also need to go the store to refill my tea. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

Will round off the day with a movie marathon with a buddy virtually. That should occupy my time well.

Will keep you posted. Stay blessed!

6 Likes

Day 7- Woke up in okay spirits.

Yesterday was interesting, my colon hydrotherapy did not go well. I had an intense pain in my abdomen during the first round and we had to stop. Very strange. My practitioner is very experienced and we’ve only had good experiences. She advised I refeed and do a check with my doctor early this week. Said I’d think about it.

As the day went on I had headaches (I can deal with), nausea (also have ways to handle this), and an intense throbbing in my abdomen (never had this before).

Not sure if it was brought on by the colon therapy or if it was inevitably there and the colon therapy just triggered it. Either way, I decided to listen to my body an refeed.

I’ll consult my doctor on Wednesday (next available appointment). She is supportive of my fast (and my previous ones), especially after seeing my health improve. I still want to continue so will see if I can pick up again.

In the meantime, back to vegan keto for the next few days.

A funny turn of events after a very optimistic start but I’m still in high spirits and committed to this goal (in a safe way ;).

Stay blessed!

2 Likes