Tash’s Daily Journal

Hi,
I found this website yesterday and it really inspired me to try water fasting to achieve my goals.

I started my water fast last night around 8pm

• WHY: I’m doing this mostly because I am tired of feeling ashamed and uncomfortable in my own body. I also am hoping that fasting will help me to break some of my bad habits such as mindlessly snacking and using food for comfort.

• GOALS: My long term goal is to weigh 120 pounds and to feel comfortable with my body. In the short term I would ideally like to lose approximately 5 pounds per week for the next month.

• PLAN:
    -Water Fasting for 10-30 days depending on how I am feeling. Once I break my water fast I hope to do either OMAD or 20:4 IF + clean eating until I reach my goal.
    -I would like to continue jogging 3 times a week but might pause this during my fast depending on my energy levels.

• STARTING STATS:
    Weight 155.8 lbs (70.7 kg)
    Arm 11.5”
    Thigh 24”
    Hips 41”
    Bust 40”
    Waist 34”

*I don’t really have an inspirational quote but the thought that is making me excited today is “how amazing would it be if I actually accomplish this?”

1 Like

Day 2: 154.6 (-1.2 pounds)
A little disappointed because I’ve seen other reports of people losing more after the first day. But, at least I’m going in the right direction. Maybe it’s because I had a few small tastes as I was making supper last night (not mouthfuls, just licked spoon to taste for seasoning)?? I also need to drink way more water.

Feeling down/stressed due to issues with my daughter, a super messy house, and hectic work days. Would usually treat myself to a latte to feel better :confused:

Other than that I feel pretty ok. I’m not really that hungry but am definitely missing the comfort that comes with a snack or warm drink.

Today’s mantra: This is not forever

Hope I make it to tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Day 3: 152.4!
Super happy I made it through yesterday! At lunch time I didn’t think I would. I also drank 2L for the first time in a long while.

Was really cold last night and had to wear socks to bed which is strange for me. This morning I felt like I needed to sit down while brushing my teeth and showering. Hope energy gets better through out the day.

Today’s mantra: I’m proud of you!

1 Like

Day 3: 151.4

I failed yesterday :frowning:. I got all the way to 7pm and thought I would easily make it through the day. Then all H-E-double-:ice_hockey: broke out with my daughter. I had 1-2 spoons of PB + 1 spoon Nutella + 2 chicken strips. I feel so sad and discouraged :disappointed_relieved:.
The good news is 1) I still lost 1 pound, 2) I didn’t binge more, and 3) the food didn’t really make me feel better. Hopefully I can remember that my disappointment in myself > the pleasure from food.
I haven’t anything eaten since then (even though DH brought me chocolates for some weird reason). I’m not sure if I’ll decide after work if I’ll go back to an extended fast or try 20:4 IF or OMAD

1 Like

I would love to be your fasting buddy. I want to be same goal weight/120.
I KNOW I can do this again, I just am letting the distractions of life take away from ME and I need a reboot! It’s not permanent fasting, just an extended fast.

I always want peanut butter too as my crutch. I’m making a paper journal to help me stay on course and can start now or if you want Sunday 12:00am.

1 Like