Talk2me's entries

One slip up doesn’t ruin the progress you have made! Keep at it and you will reach your goal. Sometimes our goals are too tough to reach. Set small daily goals that aren’t necessarily weight related. We have to have small wins throughout the entire process or it becomes overwhelming. I treat every single pound as a victory. Up or down. I’ve learned something about what my body allows. That’s why I watch my blood glucose so closely. I’m learning. And learning is a huge win. You mess up one day, cool. Fast the next. Mischief managed!

You’re doing great. Don’t be disheartened.

1 Like

Good day after a bad day. Yes, I missed my goal. But still did SO MUCH right.

My poor fellow Americans are so confused about health. I’m at the gym, and there is so much sweating. So much motion, and …
So much extra body fat.

The gym represents the “good guys”, the people taking action. And even we are carrying so much extra weight.

Exercising away extra body fat is just so very hard to do. Fasting away extra body fat, by contrast, is sooo much easier, AND more relaxed :relieved:

1 Like

Fasting is the missing puzzle piece. I’m so happy that I found it!

1 Like

I too fell for some cauliflower pizza - one from Aldis. Would have been better for me to make it myself but need to get a bunch of cheese for that. I’ve made it before but that was back in like 2008. lol It’s a PITA to get all the water out.

My last couple of days have been a bit wishy washy and I expect tomorrow to follow suit. Not going to stress over it as it’s game day and we have a lot going on. I am making all good veggie sides at least which one of my neighbors is doing low carb and he appreciates that. He’s got the largest brisket going on the smoker at 6am tomorrow. If I stick to that and the salad and brussel sprouts I’m happy. Of course, if I slip in a cocktail or two that kinda blows it - but better than bread and pasta salads I suppose.

It’s all a journey. Keep posting. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It certainly is a journey! For me it’s been a roller coaster. But not for long!

2 Likes

This obtaining your ideal body weight is sooo hard!! It REQUIRES complete honesty with myself. It requires accountability! My most honest moment is my morning blood pressure reading. My second most honest moment is the morning scale reading. Being honest, being accountable AND being a bad eater CANNOT coexist for long.
Fasting is the truth!!! Honestly!!

1 Like

Did you know your BP is actually highest first thing in the morning, as well as blood sugar? Our body sends adrenaline throughout to wake us up better. You should always wait an hour or two if you have the ability. Same thing for post workout.

1 Like

White claws, and liquor mixed with “ice”. Watch out for the hangover though.

Great point. I use that morning measurement to kind of submit myself to my biggest fear. Plus, if I can ever get that morning number down that’s a GREAT start to the day. :+1:

1 Like

I was doing that too until it started to discourage me

1 Like

Little update. I’m hovering… up and down. Back and forth.
My big problem right now is that I’m nervous about reaching my ideal body weight, because I don’t have a very wide assortment of food choices lined up. Bottom line: I’m better at fasting than eating. Good news is, however, I’ve made some good discoveries:

1. Keto chili, throw in one chopped up big crunchy cold pepper before serving.
  2. Dried Rosemary works.
  3. Aldi’s is Keto stop numero Uno.

But back to fasting soooon

1 Like

Fasting starting TOMORROW. Saturday! Everyone will be partying, chowing down, bottoms up, pigging out. Not me!!
Ohhhh I LOVE when the zeal for fasting hits!!
BAM!!
I just got a notice my blood pressure would be evaluated for Occupational purposes come the first of March.
So, a little window into life as a man. Nothing wakes you up to reality like a serious physical confrontation. So many hormones start releasing, your eyes get tunnel vision, you almost can’t hear the loudest noises around you.

Fight OR Flight

For me I take this deadline very similarly. “Oh yeah?! You want to mess with My livelihood?! Well bring it on.”
My plan…
No food… none… until I’ve achieved 145 pounds. 5 lbs BELOW my previous best.
It’s going to be brutal. A titanic struggle. But I don’t care how much food spoils in the fridge. I’m heading just one way. down, Down, DOWN!!!

2 Likes

I wish you success!!! I’ve got to get back on board. Probably gonna pick Monday as my starting point. Took a week off. Time to get back into it. I may do a coffee only fast for three days or so to get back on board.

Yes! Monday it is.

1 Like

I’ve officially started and decided to copy a fasting style for this month. This month for the remainder of it, I’m going to fast 4 days on and 1 day off. I will be allowed coffee with cream and broth. But at a limit of three times per day.

1 Like

Here we go…

Look at these numbers…

Here we go…

1 Like

You’ve got this!!!

1 Like

Here’s my chart for the week…

I believe in fasting!! I challenge anyone who eats on a regular basis… can you tell me that you know what the effects is of each and every ingredient of your food? This week I tried to make a sandwich
to hold my “low-carb” patties of ground beef close to my zero calorie pickles and low calorie lettuce. I used this.

This because the place I go has stopped offering me a plate for their “low-carb” version of their burger.
I’m telling you… Food is a mine field!!
All our hopes and desires to reconcile ourselves with Food make our lives SO DIFFICULT!!!
We CANNOT exercise our mistakes away… it CAN’T BE DONE!!
We caffeinate our lives SO MUCH that we gravitate to the gym as our only outlet for this adrenaline/Cortisol/caffeine slury our poor brains are swimming in!!
I honestly don’t know how to do my job without caffeine. I’ve tried it before. My solution will require I change professions OR find a way… a very narrow path… to remain alert/jittery AND not be enticed into Indulgence.

1 Like

My dad is a trucker. He goes through a case of monsters in two days

1 Like

Yep. So true

1 Like