Starting out... 28 days... Fasting buddy?

Hi there!

I’m looking to start a new water fast journey of 28 days but… I keep pushing my start date to the next day and the next day and the next, ugh! I’ve water fasted once before for about 10 days and it was tough!
Regardless, I’m super happy I found this forum. Hoping to find new water fasting buddies, maybe that will motivate me. I was inspired by Yasemin and created my own “fasting stickies”… I just need to actually start the fast. Thoughts anyone? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, there, and WELCOME!!! I am relatively new here, too. Boy, I hear you, about pushing the start date forward. I did that sooo many times during the lock-down, that I ended up NEVER fasting longer than 24 hours. Well, one time I did do 48 hours, but after I was allowed to work again, I got on the scale and almost had a heart attack. I weighed over 200 lbs. NEVER have I weighed this much. But I still did not really bite the bullet and begin to fast, until I injured my right knee, after falling down the stairs. I am fasting until August 2, then I will do a one week refeed, and then fast until the the first week of September. I have got a lot of weight to drop. I found out that knees do not do well with an overweight body, and seeing that I am 62 yrs. old, I better get my act together, and get the excess off. I would suggest joining the 7 day fast zoom support groups (challenges) offered by Yasemin, either at 3 pm or 8:30 pm, EST. They are sooo inexpensive, and they are what helped me stay on course. I know Yasemin is doing the live zoom challenges until the end of September. Write her a message, for more information. I will be here, posting on my journal almost every day, until the end of September, so you are sooo not alone. I wish you every success!

5 Likes

Your fast begins after the last bite goes in your mouth.

I like to start late in the day, so I can begin a refeed in the evening. IE this week I’m doing 5 days so I started Sunday at 4:30 and ending 4:30 on Friday.

Set up an account on one of the Fasting apps so you can pop in and see how far you’ve come along, track weight changes, etc.

Stock up on water and have some himalayan salt on hand.

Remove all trigger food candy sweets out of the house if you can or out of your sight.

That’s a long fast, so prepare to dig your heels in. You may feel beat up the first 3-4 days but it will pass and you will live. Did you feel that on your 10 day fast? Was it a clean fast?

Have a water at your side at all times.

Check your calendar for any social events that may get in the way.

For every 2 days fasting you’ll want to tack on one day refeed - and that menu is a whole other ball of wax.

Research refeed and have a plan for it when the fast ends.

Don’t worry about working out. Let the fast do its thing.

Maybe you should start later today? You’ll get to sleep through some of the first hours :wink:

3 Likes

Hi!
I’m Ami. I’m newer also and have the same “i’ll start tomorrow mentality” :pensive: I would love a fasting buddy/accoutability buddy. The zoom challenges sound good! My brother just lost 40 lbs in 8 weeks eating only on the weekends. He says just suck it up and do it but I need someone to keep me accountable. Your goal is imspiring and I love the stickies! Get’er done!!

3 Likes

Welcome here @abmuehlberg !

We are all here in the forum and on the Facebook.

And yes! Sign up for the live thing if you need the additional support.

Start yourself your own journal thread and I’ll peek in on you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Your brother I have to say is right. It’s a suck it up and do it.

Make some shorter goals if you need to kick in and build them up.

It does take a determined mind set to jump into longer fasts. Only you can know where your head is at.

1 Like

Welcome!!
I am relatively new here, too. I reluctantly have to agree with your brother. Fasting is not for sissies. It does require determination, and will power. IF I can do it, and I am not a disciplined person, and I love my comfort foods, and rituals, then anyone can.
I joined Yasemin’s 7 day challenges. I believe this is my 4 or 5th one, but I am not sure. Please join for help. I have been greatly helped by these support groups. I will be joining the challenges until the end of September, maybe even October…we will see!
I wish you all the succes you desire for yourself.

1 Like

Thanks so much!!!

Hi! I’m starting a week fast this Wednesday at 2:30pm. Any tips on my final meal and how to stay motivated?

I’ve done a 5 day fast last year and want to get back into it.

1 Like

do you mind if I join in? am day 30 today! Keep going everyone! am looking for an accountability partner too. Nearly fainted a few days ago so very much need the support. How can I help as well. Let me know x

I dont know how this works but fasting and only eating on weekends sounds amazing, but can I do it? Not without support. How can I get constant reminders?

You can try building your “fasting muscles” up. Do a 24 hour fast first, then keep adding time to build up to a 5 day.