Aim: 21 day water fast
Focus/ reason: To lose 10kg (22lbs) before the festive period.
Day 1 - 2020-11-18T00:00:00Z
66.0kg • 145.5lbs
Body fat: 35.3%
DAY 1 photos:
Day 1 commentary
- 8am: Double shot espresso + 300ml water
- 9am: 1 hr walk
- 10am: 300ml water (I drank this over the hour)
- 11am: 300ml water
- 2pm: hot lemon water. I fancied a taste of something different. Still feeling pretty ok that I haven’t eaten just yet, although, I’ve done quite a few OMAD stints so I’m not really surprised. It’ll be the pushing through the evening that I’ll find tricky.
- 3pm: 300ml water. My lips are quite dry despite all the water I’m drinking.
- 5pm: Getting into the danger zone - I find the evenings so tricky when fasting and from reading other accounts on here, I know I’m not alone! I’m hoping that by writing in this mini journal I’ll be able to take my mind off everything for a little while. I thought I’d try and further explain my ‘WHY’ so that I can come back to it at a future time.
Covid weight gain - I want to get back to sub 60kg as that’s where I feel happiest. It’s been a goal of mine for a while to reach 55kg - so I’ll always keep that in mind.
Christmas events - as it stands I have a Christmas event which I’m attending in 4 weeks time (so 3 weeks fast, 1 week refeed) and I have gained 6kg since I last saw these people. It’s important to me that I enjoy this evening and I just know that I won’t if I’m worried about how I look. In addition, I’m the largest in my family, and going home for the holidays will be hard if I feel uncomfortable and large the whole time.
A fresh start/ health kick for when gyms reopen - where I am in the world has covid restrictions and gyms won’t be reopening for a few weeks now. I managed to complete 8 weeks of a 12 week fitness program and I would love to do the full 12 weeks at a lighter weight.
- 8pm: 300ml water. Managed to occupy myself by just watching YouTube all evening. It’s worked well!
- 9pm: signing off for the evening. I weighed in at 65.7kg (144.8lbs) just because I was interested in knowing. I’m fully aware that I won’t be able to provide commentary quite like this every day but it’s been a good distraction today