Sara's little 3-day journal

Hi, my name is Sara. I am a mother of one, and being a working mother- facing with the stress at work, and the tiredness from taking care of my child after work has made me pile up alot of weight.

I used to be pretty fit during my university days, extremely disciplined and very healthy. Back then, there wasn’t so much hype about fasting. But looking back, I was unknowingly practicing alternate day fasting. On days that I ate alot (with my friends, at gatherings), I would fast the next day, it was my way to “detox” and reduce the bloat to feel better.

After getting married, I put on weight. Prior to being pregnant, I piled up 3kg. I looked fine, because back then during my university days I was lean. After I got pregnant, I piled up 26kg, and lost 21kg from breastfeeding, so the nett gain was 5kg. The thing about breastfeeding was that I was constantly hungry and that developed me to having 3 huge meals a day, and always finding things to eat. After I stopped breastfeeding, my bad eating habits continued. There was no output in a form of milk anymore, and everything extra that I ate went to my butt, thighs and belly. My weight piled up to 60kg within 3 months (+5kg).

I am also surrounded by friends who care alot about me, but unfortunately we all love food and with my weak willpower, I always give into their words and my cravings. e.g. “Why don’t you want to order? Why not just order a little to try”, “It’s very yummy, you really don’t want to try?”

In order to shed off the extra pounds, I tried fad diets but none of them worked. This yoyo diet journey has also messed up my metabolism. I’m so tired of my lack of discipline and willpower, I can’t find it back anymore.

Just yesterday, I chanced upon Yasemin’s video on Youtube and it really motivated me to want to finally just put an end to all the excuses and fulfill my new year’s resolutions (which is to lose weight).

I’m starting a 3-day water fast because it’s my first time. Once things look good after the three days, I will refeed and continue till I hit my target weight.

Height: 5 ft 1
Goal: 48kg
Current weight: 60kg
Start date: 4/11/2020
Start time: 7pm (Singapore time!)

Day 1 morning: 59.6kg

2 Likes

Today is 7/11/2020 and I am 58.9kg.
Lost 1kg in 3 days. Likely it’s water weight.
Feeling lesser urge to eat or snack. Used to have this habit previously.

I will refeed on 8/11/2020 and continue another 3 days on 9/11/2020.