Priya’s Weight Loss Journey

INTRO:-
Hi I am Priya from Virginia. I have always struggled to maintain my weight for years. I have been off my track for really a long time, so just wish to get back on shape.

Height: 148 cm
Current Weight: 156.5 lb
Goal Weight: 110 lb

WHY:
I just want to see the better version of my ownself.

Long Term Goals: My long term goal is to stay fit and healthier. I would do OMAD with regular workout for maintenance.

Short Term Goals: I plan to do 3 sets of back to back 5 day fasts.

How I feel right now:
I am excited and confident about my water fast journey.

1 Like

Plan: Fast for 119 hours, Refeed within 1 hour, Repeat

FIRST SET OF 5 DAY FAST:
Starts : Mar 16, 2021 @ 3:00 PM EST
Ends. : Mar 21, 2021 @ 2:00 PM EST

Starting weight: 156.8 lb

Hi, Priya,
Congrats on your journey!
I’ve read your plan, and I have a question, just out of curiosity
I was just wondering why aren’t you doing full recovery and refeed for 5 days after each fast? I’ve read that because of autophagy cells need time to recover and rebuild before another fast.
Is it based on some research or personal experience?
Just wondering, I hope I didn’t offend you.

Hi Priya,
I am wondering the same thing. Should re-feed for 5 days. I have heard that for “each week of fasting, one should take one day of juice, one day raw fruits/veg, one day steamed added to raw fruits/veg, etc.” The chart is available on one of the YouTube videos I watched of Dr. Alan Goldhamer. BTW, he is the lead doctor at TrueNorth Health and has a clinic in California that does doctor supervised extended water fasts for inpatients. https://www.truenorthhealthfoundation.org/fasting Of course they do not recommend extended fasts without medical supervision.