On the bandwagon

I hired a personal trainer who out-the-gate told me fasting would not be an option with her (after I committed to months of support). I tried to do it her way but fasting just does so much for me. She had her 90 days then I had one day this week with an intermittent fast and all the good effects came back with just one day. So i commit to setting myself up for success with some omad, egg fasting, whatever gets me back to fat adapted so i can power through. Diet sodas and water mix ins have had a negative impact so i commit to cutting them out and enjoying water, black coffee and tea. I commit to starting slow but working up to another 14 day fast. To lowering my bp. To reducing my symptoms of depression and anxiety. I am not going to let anyone tell me to stop. I commit to listening to my body.

2 Likes

Good luck with your extended fast.

I’m into day 5 of hopefully a 21 day fast. I’ve done a 10 day and 21 day fast over the last few years. I always feel great at the end, and it generally goes well. I find that my BP comes down significantly and always feel really good at the end. For me days 1-4 are the most difficult. Usually the runs, sometimes feeling cold or hot for a few hours etc. But after that I feel much better and strangely not feeling too hungry. I tend avoid areas where ther is food (keeping out of kitchens, restaurants etc…)

I keep it simple and take fasting salts (nutrialign) approx. 1.5 scoop a day with water to give me the necessary salts.
i.e. ~1800mg Na, 800mg K and 100mg Mg

I also drink a few simple herb teas

2 tabs of serrapeptase (SerraRX) for healing

1 teaspoon of activated charcoal with water daily.

take care
Mike

1 Like