*NEED BUDDIES* June 1st- 30 Day Fasting Challenge

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and looking for accountability buddies. Fasting is still a new concept to me and I have heard that having support makes the journey a little easier. I am looking to do a 30 day fast for several reasons, but most importantly to reboot my body and rebuild my relationship with food. A little about myself: I am 23 years old and currently a senior in college. Maybe it’s the virus and being in quarantine, but I have found myself in a bit of a funk lately. I believe a challenge will give us all something positive to focus on during these anxious times, while also allowing us to get to know ourselves on a deeper level. If this sounds interesting to you, please reach out! Teamwork makes the dream work. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I think your goal is admirable but I recommend you build up your fasting muscle first. For me, first I broke my refined carbohydrate addiction and reset my taste palate. Refined carb addiction is the #1 reason people fail at fasting due to cravings or go off the rails during refeed due to binging. Then I practiced Intermittent Fasting which is fasting done on a daily basis. I started with a 16:8 which is 16 hours of fasting with an 8 hour feeding window. Worked up to an 18:6, 20:4 then OMAD (One meal a day). Tackled prolonged fasting next starting with a 4 day then 5, 7 & 40.

Hope this isn’t too much information. I just want you to be successful.

5 Likes

Hi dear
I have also planned for a fasting June.
Let’s go :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the information and I will be sure to take it into consideration. I aim high, but I listen to my body- we’ll see how far I can stick it! If not, I can always start over. Your information will be useful in my long-term goals. I am simply looking for a challenge right now!

2 Likes

I am excited to track our progress!

2 Likes

Hi Aishling_Silva,

I am on day 3 so I am happy to join and help. I found days 1 and 2 pretty easy to be honest but today has been very hard. I have a lack of energy and I am having trouble regulating my body temp which is annoying. I usually work out 5 to 6 days a week but I don’t think I’ll be able to do that on this fast. So I am going to take easy walks instead of runs and I am hoping to do 21 days maybe 30. I currently weigh 165 and hoping to get down to 135-140. I know we can do this!
V

1 Like

When r u planning to have ur last meal :fork_and_knife:??

Surely together we can do this… I am 155 lbs and my goal weight is 120lbs… This June will be no food June this year :+1::+1::+1::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Welcome to the family!

Set up your fasting stickies and take it one day at a time! I made some calendars to print for June as well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You got this! Tag me @Yasemin if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi gurl, firstly love how high your aiming, veru bold move its commendable. Me too ill fast with you if you dont mind, even though i start tomorrow 29th May but im going to do 30 days but ill now do 31 and finish with u. I want to lose 8 kilos. Did you wana chat on a whattsap group so we can be accountable every day especially when needed ? if not no stress good luck either way x

Hi gurl im going ti do a 30 day fast starting 29th may , ive got 8 kilos to loose. Did u wana all start a wattsap group ?

2 Likes

I am ok with the idea… What about others :flushed: :flushed:

Well yes if ud like to add others that would be fine :slight_smile: i think it may help if u want to add me my numbers 0404 9865 72