Miri’s daily journal

@Kristy It’ll be pretty straight forward, actually already prepared for this: I bought a ton of ground beef (with 25% fat) at my local butcher and it is in my freezer in 1 lbs huge big burger patties :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

So the only thing I need to do is take one of those babies out, smear them with a bit of butter and put them in my preheated ninja foodi grill while frozen. 10 minutes later it’s done :heart:, just a bit more butter on top and that’s it :slight_smile:

So that will be it for the first 3 days. Just ground beef & butter (as much as I want) and water (trying to break my coffee habit as well…)

But after that, I will eat liver as well, but only because I really like that :rofl:

1 Like

Oh boy… to be totally transparent and accountable, here’s the screenshot of my Renpho app this morning.

Quite the shocker for me, seeing that I gained 5 kilos (!!!) this past month :confounded::confounded::confounded:

Big eyeopener :sob::sob::sob:

Seeing the above, dramatic results on my scale this morning, I am not going to wait till the first of January to take action.

Original plan was to do 3 days of Beef & butter fast to start 2021. Will still do that, but in the form of OMAD.

:arrow_right: Rest of January I will do ADF to prepare for:

:arrow_right: Fasting Full February

My original plan for 2021: First 101 days

1. Zero carb :cut_of_meat::poultry_leg::fried_egg::fish:
  2. Alcohol-free :free::free::free:
  3. All water, plenty of it :droplet::droplet::droplet:
  4. 100% natural food :100:
  5. Daily positive Affirmations & Tapping
  6. Daily minimum of 10K Steps :medal_sports::medal_sports::medal_sports:

This is still in place.

BUT starting NOW I will go zero carb, up my water, eat just natural unprocessed food and walk minimum of 10.000 steps.

Also, seeing that my husband will be home starting tomorrow, I will start adding indoor cycling again.

As for daily journalling, I actually prefer handwriting my thoughts, so not sure how I can share that here? @Yasemin

1 Like

You could take photos of your journal and just post them here!

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

28th of December and I am thinking a LOT about the length I want to go.

As a matter of fact, I am playing out all these scenarios in my head (and have been doing so for quite a bit) and it actually lead me to one thing: NOT taking ANY action.

I would actually LOVE to fast to goal weight and seeing some people do it on Facebook is truest inspiring!

But I don’t think it is realistic in my life.

So I am thinking a lot about what my goals are and why I choose fasting to be part of my strategy. And the more I think, the more I do NOT know which would be BEST

As if it needs to be perfect… which is of course bulls**t!

I have a history of addiction.

I am a smoker. I smoked for many many years, at least a pack a day. I had two periods where I did not smoke (once 1 year, once 2 years) and both times I went from not smoking to smoking a pack a day, after taking 1 inhalation.

The last time I smokes was 11 years and 3 weeks ago. I do realize though, that taking just one inhalation, I will be smoking again.

So I don’t.

I am a huge Diet Coke addict. I can drink big size bottles of this stuff daily. But March 2020 was the last time I even had a sip of it. I plan on not taking another sip for the rest of my life, because on earlier occasions, it showed me that I will drink bottles a day again.

I feel I have the same with caffeine (5-6 cups a day) and carbs. (Even a whole grain cheese sandwich can send me into an eating spell including chocolates and candy I don’t like and makes me feel sick)

So for me, I feel that right now, the best thing I can do, is actually pick my battles.

I feel the caffeine (although it picks me up in the morning) makes me irritable during the afternoon and sleep badly during the night. And although I :heart: my early morning coffee, it is something I want to stop using to feel better. Because in the end it does not.

So coffee is out. I did not have my morning coffee this morning and will give it a few days to see what difference it makes.

As for food, I am eliminating all carbs for these coming weeks and see how it makes me feel.

Being in ketosis will hopefully help me burn fat and make fasting easier.

For now, the fasting will be on a “take it as it comes” schedule, probably leading to OMAD and ADF.

Which, if it means I am progressing with my goals, will be absolutely fine by me.

And then there is the issue of the scale.

Some say weigh daily, others say don’t bother.

I believe in trends. When I get on the scale and see a lbs up or down, I’m not fussed.

But I do need to check to avoid an upward trend over weeks.

So I bought a Renpho scale that shows trends on my :iphone: and just this morning I ordered the tape measure that connects with the same app.

Weighing will be daily, measuring will be weekly.

That’s it for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about decaf? I know it’s kind of a “why bother” thing but it is really nice to have a hot cup first thing in the morning.

1 Like

Great suggestion!

But I’m comparing it a bit to when I quit smoking, I did not use nicotine plasters either… and I just want to quit coffee, rid myself of addictions, so decaf probably is best avoided too in that case

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Picking our battles is half our struggle in life. Alot of us tend to be all in or all out.
I find fasting helps me quit smoking, I stopped a few weeks before this fast and then once I started I’ve not had a single craving since.
But I have already faced my caffine addiction to keep me going through life and then addressed my diet which was lacking hense the need for the caffeine.
Fasting just helps me take a steady approach to life a few times a year. Time to slow down, acknowledge how my body feels, where my brain is at, what thoughts reoccur and they stand me in good stead for the next challenge… Which is ALWAYS trying to eat enough :joy: I basically suppliment with oil :sob: which isn’t ideal but it’s better than energy drinks and cigarettes

1 Like

The 30th of December

Caffeine free, halfway through day 3 and feeling positive that I can actually break my coffee habit.

Day 1 & 2 were rough, day 3 is kinda okay so far.

I picked up a book to read (Fasting, by Elisabeth Moore) and actually got inspired by it.

So I have finally decided on a schedule: ADF

Starting the 2nd of January!!

1 Like

You are a goddess a supreme being! I bow down to you! (I can give up almost anything- not coffee)

Day 6 today! :muscle:t2:

And it sort has become an non-issue. The only moment that I feel like a cup, is when my husband makes one for himself and I smell it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

No need to bow, this is proving pretty easy so far, I have a harder time giving up all carbs!

1 Like

So here I go with my journal @Yasemin

I find writing down my thoughts is better than typing them on my phone…

I have finally come to some sort of schedule that I am going to try:
Monday: fasting
Tuesday: OMAD (dinner)
Wednesday: fasting
Thursday: OMAD (dinner)
Friday: fasting
Saturday: OMAD (dinner)
Sunday: OMAD (lunch or dinner)

Meals will be 100% animal based, no carbs, no processed foods, no calorie restriction.

If I want to do OMAD on Friday because of some dinnerparty or whatever, I want to do an extra fast during the week, before the social event.

If I notice I am not hungry when it is time for my OMAD, I will just continue fasting but not push it. Just listening to my body.

I am going to weigh daily on my Renpho scale and measure bi-weekly with my Renpho tape to keep all data in my app.

I am not going to worry about not losing weight one day or even going up, but I do want to be able to stop a negative trend when I spot one, taking action as needed. (In other words, revisit what i am eating etc)

So I already messed up my own schedule

I started fasting Monday evening after dinner instead of the evening before, but the good news is that I am actually still fasting, 57 hours in now and ready to start a new day in a few hours :joy::joy::joy:

And now that I am 57 hours in, I’m going to try and continue to dinnertime and decide at that point whether I am skipping that or not.

3 Likes

Damn, I’m struggling.

I really really want to go down in weight. I want to beat my sugar addiction once and for all. Really want to break through this magical threshold of 100 kilos but still 8 kilos away and sick and tired of being stuck in this 100-110 maze.

Been going up and down these past months, closest was 104 but then Xmas came round and I totally lost it again.

So now I am here again. Down 2 kilos. But still so far away from my real goal.

This Sunday my hubbies boss and his girlfriend are coming for lunch and I am still doubting whether or not to eat lunch with them. Not eating lunch with them would be really really awkward seeing that is the reason they come over :joy:

So for now I have my timer set to fast until lunchtime on Sunday, keeping in mind that I get to go back to fasting on Monday.

Hoping I can go to bed soon so I can add at least another 11 hours of not eating to this fast :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Another day has passed and I’m still going, about to go to bed so no chance that I will break my fast tonight :joy:

This is the longest I have gone so far so pretty happy with that.

Apart from some hunger pangs it has not been too bad, but very interesting how my mind can make me go round and round in my thoughts.

I hope to make it to Sunday lunch without breaking my fast. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Well done on getting this far. Sunday is a good goal :grin:

I’m new here and I have enjoyed reading your journal. And I look forward to continue following you.

1 Like

6.30 am, almost starting a new day. I am really excited that I have come this far so far. Going to just see what happens today.

If I do decide to eat, I will stick to carnivore, avoiding all carbs at the moment.

Decided I will participate in lunch on Sunday
(Spanish ham, shrimp and avocado salad and beef carpaccio) and then start a new fast which hopefully will be even longer.

1 Like

I just weighed. After 84 hours of fasting:
SW Monday evening: 110.6 kg
Tuesday morning it was 109,1kg
CW Friday morning: 107.2 kg

Seeing these numbers inspire me, they show me I CAN do this.

Also, I’m still not drinking coffee, no alcohol and no sugar.

Breaking my sugar/carb addicting is key for me.

My absolute main goal.

I want to nourish my body, heal, and make it stronger.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like