Michele’s Daily Journal

Hi! My name is Michele and I’m a Type 2 diabetic. I developed gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and it never left. The longest fast I have done is 11 days. My goals for this fast is to complete 21 days and bring my sugar back to normal. My sugar is out of control with my low dose medicine and I am terrified of eventually going blind or getting amputations. Not trying to be dramatic but literally just trying to save my own life.

I’m the queen of Day 1 turning into OMAD, then bad carbs and repeating every day. I make bad food choices and also binge. I am sick of my own bull and I won’t let my animal brain win any longer. This is why I am throwing my private self out here to help with my commitment. Day 1 Let’s go!! :muscle:

Day 1 of 21
Weight 188
Morning Sugar: 441 🥲
Afternoon Sugar: 227 (4:45pm)

4 Likes

Kick some ass, Michele! You’ve got this. Remind yourself CONSTANTLY why even entertaining the thought of breaking this fast is self-sabotage. Keep writing in here! I’ll kick your butt a little if you kick mine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here, girls I NEED ACCOUNTABILITY! Just joined 1 other thread too!

2 Likes

Thank you! I need the butt kicking and I really appreciate the support! :grin:

1 Like

Day 2 of 21

Weight 186.5
Morning sugar 275
Afternoon Sugar

Day 2 Let’s go!! :muscle: I feel pretty good. Slight headache but not bad. Fasting sugar is down from yesterday. :partying_face:. Should see really good numbers by day 7.

2 Likes