Merri’s Progress Pics

Haha so embarrassing!
Starting weight 196 lbs
January 1st,2020

8 Likes

Good for you getting it done. Shows your commitment. I look forward to celebrating with you when you achieve your goal.

3 Likes

Nothing embarrassing! :heart_eyes::partying_face: You got this!!! Also we all look like this we just think it’s embarrassing because we compare ourselves to those photoshopped and doctored images on Instagram!!! You look great, and you have now committed to your health! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: #2020

4 Likes

Thank you Yasmin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: #2020 !!! haha

1 Like

All the best for your goals!

1 Like

Remember, it is a hormonal thing, not a self control thing. We’ve been shamed into believing if we “just say no”, the problem will get solved. Its the insulin that is doing its work faithfully. Your body is beautiful. Its working just as it is supposed to. Fasting gives your body the time to focus on what’s really important. It also gives your pancreas a rest from too much insulin production. Finally, all the unused (senescent) cells will be cannibalised to feed existing ones. How cool is that? That’s upcycling taken to the next level. You’re a star, Merri. Most of the world doesn’t have the resolve you do

4 Likes

What’s really cool is the cannibalization is how the body fulfills its protein needs during a water fast. However, I don’t know if its enough to add lean muscle mass as it appears to me the body would avoid that process until ReFeed so as to avoid adding additional stress to the fast. What do you think @Anna?

1 Like

Lean muscle mass reduces during a fast but during the (vv important) feeding phase, it gains much more rapidly. So your overall lean mass % is better after a fast than before. Fat lost is mostly visceral and not sub cutaneous. (just listened to another podcast with Rhonda and Volter)

1 Like

A little bit on LBM but quickly regained during ReFeed according to Dr Longo. However, his position is based on mouse studies whose metabolism is much faster than humans. You may want to look at Dr Benjamin Bikman of BYU’s work on how ketones tend to preserve LBM:

Also, from my own personal experience it appears that the fat loss seems to follow a reversal of how I gained weight. During my 40 day I lost weight first from the peripheral limbs, face and even my earlobes before it went after the main visceral storage my belly. I support this contention in that I noticed my detoxification episodes (I had 3) didn’t begin until the preceding peripheral fat storage areas had shrunk.

Now what will be interesting is the fact that Dr Longo’s work is currently in the process of human clinical trials at USC.

I’d welcome other people’s opinion on this @Anna

This warms my heart thank you so much Esther! It is so cool what fasting can do for our bodies :two_hearts:

1 Like

Good on you for doing it despite being embarrassed :+1: I wish you much luck in your journey girl!

1 Like

Hi gorgeous!!! :pray: I wanted to check in and see how you’re doing :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hi Yasemin sorry haha fell off the wagon a bit I have kept off about half off my weight loss from my first water fast but I haven’t been doing keto! Want to get back on track so I am preparing for March

1 Like

Yes let’s go!!! Even if you keep even 5 lbs off, it’s still 5 lbs less than before and healed from within!!! Let’s get rolling for March!!

2 Likes