May 1st - 7 day fast

So sorry… I have just broken my fast… But starting again within 2 hours :sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Join me!! We shall bounce back stronger… I just restarted 4 hours ago…

2 Likes

I hope you are able to keep going!

1 Like

I feel like crap now. Been dreaming of food all evening. I really Hope I can make it to tomorrow.

1 Like

You don’t “hope” you just DO IT!!! :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart: No need to instill doubt in your mind!! @Sonky

Yes ADF is alternate day fasting or you can do a regular fast with a “500” calorie crutch. But try to make sure you’re not changing the plan as an excuse or letting your mind trick you!!

Watch here for common fasting mind tricks:

3 Likes

Timely reminder!!! I need this… Yes the battle has restarted and I will completely it…

2 Likes

Thank you Yasemin I’ll watch this. I feel that my head is in the right place so am a bit frustrated but will prepare by going LCHF with a maximum of 500 calories then try again. Thank you again for the support

1 Like

You got this!! :heart_eyes:

Let’s go!!!

1 Like

Good morning today is my 4th day in. Yesterday (3rd day) was the most difficult day. I felt so terrible and laid in bed all day. Just got some strength today. Hope I feel much better

5 Likes

Day 4 now. Lost 7 lbs so far!

4 Likes

Day 5 - I feel ok other than still having hunger and extreme difficulty sleeping.

2 Likes

Try a couple things:

• Magnesium before bed
  • Some people try Melatonin
  • Listen to ASMR
  • Try to do some meditation videos on YouTube
2 Likes

Yasemin as the fast gradually come to end, I am asking myself many question. What is the safe way to re feed in order not to gain all the lost kg or lb. this questions keeps running through my mind as my end date approaches

1 Like

Is there a whatsapp group where everyone can exchange idea, motivate and communicate instantly ? Can someone form it?

2 Likes

That’s an excellent idea!

1 Like

Today is day 6. Thinking of breaking my fast today as I keep thinking and carving food

2 Likes

Sonky, as Yasemin has not replied yet and as someone who has successsfully cone out of a 19 day fast and am losing weight, I hope you don’t mind if I give you my thoughts.

I had that exact concern. I had a plan to refeed using a keto eating lifestyle and preferably one meal a day. I started with 3 days of vegetable soup, then a few days of salads, then into all the keto recipes I found while I was fasting. In spite of having stomach issues in general, I had no issue with coming out of the fast and aside from a short term 1lb gain which could have been simply a fluctuation difference, I’m slowly going down again eating keto. What you don’t want to do is make the mistake to do what many do. Lose weight than come out of a fast deciding to eat big bad for you high carb meals! To me fasting is about losing weight. But its also about a path to a new relationship with food, eating healthier. You can allow yourself to eat sone of your favorite carb foods…but occasionally and I certainly wouldn’t do it for at least 1 week after you’ve broken your fast. I hope that helps.

3 Likes

What is Asmr please?

1 Like