Mary's Extended Fasting journal

You and me both sistah! I have to remind myself the 190’s felt like forever. I’m committed to not seeing those again. Just happy in the middle of 180’s today. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m about a week behind you :smile:

1 Like

Aargh!!! I’m about oh, 6 months behind @Miramar now… OMG! When I came over to the UK to look after my friend who had cancer, I really had no idea how stressful it would be. I mean, it wasn’t me who had a terrible disease, right? When I arrived in Devon in mid-Aug, I was 184 - which is the lowest I’ve been in probably a decade. By the time I flew back to Canada (Nov 7), I was 215… Holy eat-my-feelings, Batman.

It took me a while to pull by Big Girl Panties back up (2 more weeks of isolation once I arrived home. Waaa!) and I started a fast on Dec 1. Today is Dec 6 and I’m 203, which is unbelievably fabulous, of course, but is also a huge wakeup call about how hyperinsulinemic I am.

I get out for a bit of a walk daily but am finding I just don’t feel good if I exert myself at all. Hubby and I probably went 5km today and by the time I got home, I was sweaty and shaky and tummy was all bloated up and nauseous. What’s with that? I haven’t put anything in it in 6 days…

I’m wondering if I might be better off doing 5 or 6 fasting days and 1 or 2 days of refeeds rather than trying to do 30 days (or whatever) all at once. On the other hand, I’m desperate to get back to 184. I never thought I’d see 190 again, let alone 200 :frowning_face: :rage:

On the third, I’m fully aware of how lucky I am to only be overweight - things could be so much worse and it’s important that I’m grateful for my health. On the fourth hand, I’ve been abusing the sh*t out of it…

Ok, I think I’ve done enough navel-gazing. Onward and upwards (er, downwards…)

5 Likes

Did a refeed yesterday and am back at it today. The refeed added 4 lbs so am back to 206 this morning. I so can’t wait to get out of the 200’s…

5 Likes

Onderland awaits!

2 Likes

Sheesh! From your lips to God’s ear… 203 this morning - it seems to be taking forever to get rid of the refeed weight. Deep breath…

What was it I read yesterday? I’ll paraphrase -

It’s a long road to get what you want but stopping isn’t going to make it any faster

3 Likes

It seems to be taking ages to get back down to 184 and I have to keep reminding myself that I’ve been doing these rolling feasts/fasts for barely 2 weeks. The last fast of four days (refed Sunday) went so well that I plan to keep this one going until Christmas. Besides, I’m getting really jack of taking off four lbs when fasting and putting it all back on when refeeding. Ten days fasting may at last get me out of the 200’s…

2 Likes

201 - nearly there :grin:!

1 Like

Just wanted to crow about it - finally dropped out of the 200’s!

Dec 1 - 215
Dec 22 - 199

3 Likes

:star_struck: rolling out the red carpet to Onederland!

1 Like

Thank you, @Miramar. I’m ridiculously pleased, considering I never expected to find myself in the 200’s again :roll_eyes:

Fasting isn’t easy but it works :tada:

3 Likes

Dec 1 - 215
Dec 25 - 197

18 lbs in 24 days and I had 3 feasting days in there. AND most of the fasting was pretty dirty, with cream in my coffee and broth. The last 2 days have been strictly water and, I have to admit, for me it’s a better way to fast. I’m pretty sure I got nowhere near autophagy earler but I think I’m getting there now. And really, that’s the point of a fast, isn’t it?

Refeed today on roast chicken then keep right on fasting to New Years.

Happy Christmas all!!

3 Likes

Happy New Year Mary!

1 Like

Happy New Year backatcha, Jill!!

1 Like

Dec 1 215
Jan 2 196

I keep being infuriated that I’m such a turtle even with fasting 90% of the time, but then I see that I’m almost 20 #'s down in a month. That’s a first…!

I seem to have settled in to rolling 96’s (really, more like 110’s but that doesn’t roll off the tongue quite so well :rofl:). The good is that I’m able to avoid that anxious, frantic-to-eat feeling I get when I try to go longer; the bad is that even keeping my refeed day strictly keto, I still seem to put back on nearly all the weight I lost in the 4 fasting days. I guess the key is “nearly”. My weight loss chart has a huge spike up every 5th day but it is going down, overall.

3 Likes

Day 5 and back in onederland! Will be OMAD today, tomorrow and Fri and will start another fast on Sat.
Am being much more careful about salt, potassium and Mg this time…

1 Like

I’ve been doing rolling 72’s since Feb 22 and I think, for the first time ever, I’m becoming fat adapted!! The first three rounds were really tough and by hour 65 or so, I would’ve happily chewed off my own arm. Never mind getting any exercise. But the last round I felt I could’ve kept going! I didn’t because yesterday was my birthday and it seemed a little hard-core to fast on my birthday… :rofl:

Today I was able to walk nearly 17 km and I fully expect to be able to do a similar distance tomorrow, if I choose. I feel that I could actually lift weights if the gyms were open. This is huge, people. It’s like after 40 years of storing insane amounts of calories for “later”, my body finally figured out how to access those calories when the food supply was low. No more dizziness or weakness or raging “hangry” - just plenty of sustained energy.

I’m over the moon!

2 Likes