Marisa’s 5-Day Fast July 12th

Here is for anyone starting their 5-Day today - check-in daily here:

5 Likes

Hi, today is my day 1

2 Likes

My 1st day again. I had a very stressful past 7 days due to my grandmother having a fracture, surgery and hospitalisation. All hardwork had gone in vain again. Back to start again

2 Likes

I have a family event coming up on 26th. I just hope to lose some water weight and some fat by then!

Today is also my day 1. Feeling good. I started last night at 8pm. I’m excited :laughing:

1 Like

Also day 1! I always end up stopping my fast on day 4 so going to push for at least 5 full days… Good luck everyone :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Swetha :pensive:

A few days of eating won’t ruin all your progress, hoping your grandmother gets well soon!

Yesssss day 4 is getting over the hump to day 5 … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Instead of climbing down the mountain when you’re almost there, then grit your teeth, get to the day 5 and plant your flag pole at the top!!!

Yessss go Marisa!!! Great initiative starting a group!

You got it! Day 2 now!

Hi Everyone!

I just joined the forum today after watching Yasemin’s YouTube videos and following on IG for inspiration for some time now. Today is Day 1 for me so hoping to make it to day 5 and possibly 7 days without giving in to temptation.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am into my second day. We can do this

3 Likes

I just joined after watching a bunch of youtube videos on water fasting. This is day 4 of my 5 day fast. The first 2 days were easy with no hunger and no other issues. Yesterday, I was really headachey, tired and weak. All night I had discomfort in all my joints that had turned into pain by 3am. Today, I’m doing better. I don’t feel great, but I had more energy than yesterday. I’m pretty sure I can make it through tomorrow evening when I will break my fast. I do want to eat now, but I’m still not really hungry. I should probably stop watching food videos.

1 Like

How did everyone else do on the 5 day fast?

I finished my fast about 4 hours earlier than planned on Friday the 17th. This was my longest fast so far. I have done many, many 1 day fasts for religious purposes, and just recently done a couple 48 hour fasts and one 72 hour fast for weight loss. I do not routinely eat low carb so I was not in ketosis. I think if I try this again, or try to go longer, I will make sure I am in ketosis before starting. I did take magnesium, potassium and pink salt during the fast.

As I said earlier, days 1-2 were super easy. Day 3-4 had a few minor issues. By Day 5, I felt awful and continued to get worse as the day went on. I could barely stand up. I began to get very hungry. I was nauseous. At one point I was laying on the couch almost in tears, thinking I needed to vomit, but also knowing I was too weak to get to the bathroom, which was when I realized it was time to go eat something. I had 1/4 avocado and some chicken broth. Then a little more broth with just a bit of celery I had used to make the broth. I started to feel better. I ate very lightly yesterday and continued to recover. Today, I’m pretty much normal. I lost 10 lbs in the 5 days (I have 50 to lose). I’ve gained back 4/10ths of a lb so far.

My takeaway from this experience was that I really like 1-3 day fasts. I’m not sure if I want to try longer ones in future, but if I do, I’ll prepare better. I’m going to eat a normal low carb diet for a few days and then switch to fasting on Mon, Wed and Fri.

Hope everyone else was able to reach their 5 day goal and look forward to reading about your challenges and experiences.