LionS Water Fast Journal

Day 1 of 21 day Water Fast
Goals: improve gut health, lose weight, gain mental strength

I have completed a 7 day water fast previously but didnt refeed properly or change my habits so didnt maintain my results…

I will journal daily to keep track of my progress and stay accountable

Daily Affirmation: I am stronger than any struggle, and I have the self discipline to succeed!

Good Luck everyone with your goals!

7 Likes

Yes you did it!!! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Day 2

Has been easy in that I don’t feel like eating due to quite bad headache…sugar and carb withdrawal?

Also very tired, and some tummy grumbles…maybe detox has started already?

Got lots of rest

Took some salt, ACV, drank water and black tea

Interested to see how Day 3 will go…

2 Likes

This is how I feel as I begin my day 2. Very tired and I have a headache too! Gonna go for a walk and then go to sleep. Hopefully we feel better tomorrow!

2 Likes

Yep, “transition” symptoms the first 3 days are a real drag…

Yes definitely feel better on Day 3!! Had a few mental games with food smells in the office but no true hunger! Here’s to Day 4!!:blush:

1 Like

Yes so true! Day 3 was a lot easier tho😊

1 Like

Day 3 done…headache better, not so tired and no real hunger, just a couple mental battles with seeing and smelling food…3rd gold star on my calendar😊

3 Likes

You got this!!! Stay busy today!!

Eventually you’ll find that your sense of smell is heightened like I had mentioned! You’ll get to the point where smelling food is no longer a trigger and just very enjoyable!!! Getting over that hump for now! Stay busy and get to bed!

Thanks Yasemin! I’m still going, yay!

3 Likes

Day 4 down…I was so cold!! Wore my puffer vest in the office, but still cold…lots of images of food popping into my head all day so I have started listing my cravings down as things I can eat some other day…

4 Likes

Yes you’re going to be cold for a while!!! Body is increasing blood flow towards your fat stores so it can push fat stores towards your muscles to use as fuel!!! Here we go!! Also body conserving energy!

1 Like

Thanks Yasemin! Wore my heavier puffer vest today and was fine!:smile:

1 Like

Day 5:
Tummy and back pain again this afternoon, also lethargic, but did have quite a busy day on my feet running errands…ACV, salt and magnesium fixed it :grin:Also resisted chocolate licorice at the counter…Stronger than Any Struggle!!!:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Day 6:
My first really good day! Someone posted about having salt at night and first up in the morning, and I did that instead of waiting till I felt tired. Also had ACV more regularly throughout the day, and some green tea instead of my usual black. Saw my Dr and she is very happy with how I’m doing, checked my blood pressure before and after suddenly standing up and said it did drop slightly, so have more water and move more slowly. I’m hoping that I’m over the worst, and that as long as I keep up my salt, magnesium and water that I’ll coast from here!! (Probably famous last words…) I do have a challenging social weekend coming up but hope it will be all mental struggles, not physical, and will power through it!
Stronger Than Any Struggle!!

3 Likes

Day 7:

I felt great today. I had a very busy day, on my feet from 10am till 9pm. I moved like a turtle, had regular salt
water and ACV, and 6x 15 minute sit down rests. I was physically active all day but no faster than slow walking pace. Today also able to smell foods and enjoy them, without the need to eat…mmmm soooooo many nice foodie smells in my house today!! And will be more tomorrow…hope I don’t cave in…

Tomorrow I will be fearless, I will stay strong, and I will say No.

2 Likes

You’ll be in the truly advanced stage when you can sit across from someone and enjoy watching them eat.

Thank you for the tip! That sounds like a really funny thing to do!!:smile:

Day 8:
Super busy again, preparing and serving food. Enjoyed it without needing to eat. However, had to deal with a very horrible person. Having a history of binge eating (3 entire bags of lollies when stressed, multiple times a week) which my Dr has been helping me with for 4 years (keto and fasting has been the best answer) I had many times of pure frustration and hurt and sadness during the day when I just wanted to binge on all the sweet stuff. I stayed strong and didnt eat, but by 9pm I was exhausted. Hats off to all of you who deal with hard pressure like a difficult or unsupportive workplace (I have had this in the past) Dr or family, and to all of you who are parents and care for children. Even fasting for half a day under those types of pressure is a huge accomplishment! Well done to everyone for every step you take towards a fasting focused lifestyle. Champions! :trophy:

3 Likes