Kristy's Journal

Aren’t chia and flax seeds the absolute best! I make these awesome chia/flax crackers that satisfy that need for crunch. I also couldn’t live with out chia puddings.

2 Likes

definitely! and so good for subbing eggs in baked recipes as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kristy, I don’t know know why I’ve missed your journal until now but I’m reading through it … I literally just started crying (still am) about your post of viewing our pain as a little child)… :cry: that rang so deeply to me !!! Thank you for your heartfelt post … I felt the love and compassion in it… you are so genuinely kind, I could feel it. I hope your pain gets resolved and I smiled at your weight loss !! My first goal is 199 and my next one is 186 (which you posted above as your current weight at that point)… (that was my goal like 4 years ago!!) … hugs to you and thank you !! :heart::slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much @Stacia ! I deeply believe that most of us don’t necessarily have food “problems” but unhealed trauma that manifests in our manners, thoughts, actions, and habits. Fasting and diet changes are wonderful but lasting healing only “happens” when we are able to look deeply into ourselves and transform our suffering into joy with Mad Eye Moody’s “Constant Vigilance!”

Speaking about Harry Potter and it’s fandom. I don’t think Harry would have become an Auror. I think he would have played Quiddich professionally then retire to be a stay at home father. Let’s be honest, he’s just not that talented without Hermione!

2 Likes

Ha! One of my goals is to watch the Harry Potter movies … I think I’m the only one in the universe that hasn’t ! So I’ll remember this when I finally do ! Thanks again for the positive insight on what drives us and how to have compassion for it … :slightly_smiling_face:

The second half of this posting deeply resonates with me and my fast and finding freedom. Your comment about healing trauma made me think of it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautifully said there and something to read over and over to reflect on … :heart:

1 Like

One of my favorite Buddhist aphorisms is that “each moment we are not awake we are a ghost carrying around our own corpse”

3 Likes

One of the marvels of the world: The sight of a soul sitting in prison with the key in its hand. Rumi --------------------This fast to me symbolizes getting up from my prison cell and walking out to freedom.

1 Like

No word of a lie, I have Half-Blood Prince running in the background as we speak!

I think Quidditch is Harry’s passion, but Defence Against the Dark Arts is his natural aptitude. You kind of HAVE to become an Auror if you manage to defeat the most evil sorcerer of all time.

1 Like

My old yoga instructor said something 5 years ago that still resonates daily: “Suffering is optional.”

2 Likes

Half- Blood Prince is my second favorite HP after a tie between prisoner of azkaban/order of the phoenix. I think Hogwarts has some super serious bullying problems. I know it is the late 80’s early 90s but all of those students have to have some serious issues after 7 years of humiliation and belittlement

1 Like

absolutely! yet it is the most common attachment there is.

2 Likes

we eat and we suffer. we feel emotions and we suffer. we suffer and we suffer. slowly, steadily I have been able to witness my emotions like moving clouds in the sky going over my head, seeing them, feeling them, and letting them go—with no attachment

2 Likes

We’re on the same page there, Prisoner of Azkaban tops the list for me. I definitely think The Weasleys must have lingering traumas… as for Harry, he just seems too egotistical to care, lol.

PS. Sorry for flooding your journal with Harry Potter analysis, I couldn’t help myself :no_mouth:

1 Like

But HP is so fun and refreshing to talk about! Plus it keeps us busy and entertained so we’re not wrapped up in eating! Yeah, HP is extremely self centered but it’s so genuine and realistic of a severely traumatized boy’s journey through continuing catastrophe and the growing pains of puberty.

Oh my gosh !! You guys have made me want to watch Harry Potter like never before :slight_smile:… and I liked the quote “suffering is optional”

1 Like

I’m a sci-fi/fantasy junkie. When I use to live in Austin, TX the last Deathly Hallows movie came out and my favorite movie theatre had a 24 hour harry potter movie marathon! It was sooo fun! Everyone (including me) came in costume. We had a harry potter themed menu to order from. It was AWESOME!

Contributing to libraries is the only real donation I do. Last year I did a bake sale with pastries from literature. I sold a lot of treacle tart!

Those San Pellegrino concoctions sound amazing. I will need to try a couple of those!! Congrats on a two day fast!

2 Likes

Chose to break my fast. I wasn’t hungry but was concerned about my medications. I’m going to have to talk to my neurologist about medication changes during fasts. If my chemistry gets too messed up my meds can hurt instead of help. Something I just need to be mindful of!

I ate some insanely delicious roasted seaweed then, because I was feeling Austin nostalgia, made some parm/almond fried pickles. If I only had some fire roasted okra and fried shinto peppers…

Don’t know when I’ll eat again. Will send my dr an email and see if we should get some tests done for a fast.

1 Like