Keto adf

It’s been a long while since I’ve posted in this. I am finally back in the wagon. My son is 19 months old now. Which means it’s been like 3 years since I’ve been in the wagon. During this time I reached my starting weight from 5 years ago. I cannot believe I. Back here again.

It’s been about 3 weeks now that Ive been back on keto. This time paired with adf 36-42 hours each. It’s been going pretty easy but I think I made my goal too large. I was hoping to drop 20 by Christmas and Ive got 4 pounds left to reach that goal. Christmas is so close I don’t foresee me accomplishing that.

This time around I’ve been having high fasting insulin and after meals my insulin takes 2 hours to stabilize. This is a sign of insulin resistance.

I’ve read a lot of Dr. Jason Fung’s books recently and that’s ultimately what lead me to keto adf instead of just keto or just adf.

Back to the insulin topic. Recently I’ve noticed that when I am fasting it drops to 69 is this normal? Safe? Any experience on this???

Wow this is a lot. I hope someone reads this. If not oh well. I’m posting to feel like I’m held accountable.

Thanks in advance for any comments and tips.

1 Like

Posting here is awesome! I need it. So thank you!

Your opinion about insulin is important. I would expect you have some insulin resistance. However, I’m pretty sure you’re measuring blood sugar, not insulin, right?
When you fast, blood sugar goes :chart_with_downwards_trend: followed by insulin :chart_with_downwards_trend: followed by water in blood :chart_with_downwards_trend: followed by blood volume :chart_with_downwards_trend: followed by blood pressure :chart_with_downwards_trend:
Because we can’t measure insulin at home, and based on this above progression, blood pressure is our best indicator of insulin as it soaks up water and keeping our volume high, which is reflected in high blood pressure.
Note: the other big factor in high blood volume and thus high blood pressure is salt. Keto people, for example, LOVE what’s happened to their weight, but often are scared by what’s happening to their blood pressure. This because keto food is often toooo salty.
But “fasting” means low insulin AND low salt which absolutely WILL lower blood volume and be reflected in lower blood pressure.
But based on your picture you look young so this whole drop in blood pressure to the normal level should happen pretty quickly in a fast. Maybe a day or two. Lucky! (Jealous).
Personally, I would love to hear what happens to your Christmas weight if you continue with a low salt, low insulin-inducing feeding schedule (aka fasting: )

Yes I am talking about blood sugar. I noticed yesterday I missed my hike (due to rain) and it was an eating day. All keto nothing crazy. Well my blood sugar went back up to the 90’s and was still elevated this morning. I made my hike today and I’ll be interested to see the blood sugar levels tomorrow. I also know that my blood pressure was normal yesterday and today it’s a smidge elevated. I find it interesting to hear that that correlates with insulin. I had no clue about that.

I am intending to keep a ketogenic diet during Christmas. Not sure if I’ll continue on the adf with Christmas though. Tomorrow is an eating day and Christmas a fasting day. My mom is making homemade lasagna. It may be a good day to fast to avoid the temptation. I just started on this not even a month ago. So far the weight is going down rapid. 20lbs since November 27th. I weigh in again tomorrow. I can tell my clothes are fitting better though that is nice.

Also you mentioned my age based on my photo. I’m 26. But I’ve had a history of high blood pressure since I turned 18. After the first time I lost my weight it went away. I’m hoping to have that outcome again this time.

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

And I just realized my response never posted. Wonderful.

Well I didn’t end up fasting on Christmas but I stayed keto. I am still in ketosis. And I even hiked Christmas Eve. I plan to start hiking again tomorrow, today I am fasting again. I intend to fast until dinner time tomorrow night. And then fast again the following day. Then I will be back on my normal routine. I haven’t weighed. I don’t want to lose motivation and a good or bad number would do that.

So yeah. That’s how Christmas went for me.

1 Like

Well great job! Keto on Christmas is not easy! My guess is your keto is pretty salty. Mine sure is. Bacon, cheese, even a double cheeseburger from McDonald’s minus carbs or a nice big salad with Mark Sisson’s Primal Kitchen salad dressing. That’s what I love about fasting!! No insulin to elevate blood water volume AND no salt to elevate blood water volume.
Well, here’s to wishing you a wonderful successful healthy 2023… and from now on !! :wink::+1:

Actually it’s not salty at all I don’t eat all the fake keto sweets and yummy keto snacks. I stick to organic not processed fresh foods. If I have that other stuff it triggers a binge. It’s always my downfall.

I find I must take an electrolyte supplement to help with all the low salt intake I have.

Fasting is the best for sure! Thank you and you too!!!

1 Like