June 1st Fasting Challenge

Everyone is doing so well ! you guys got this !! Got 9 hours for my 1 day to finish.

1 Like

Day 4. Feeling pretty good. Yet, days 4 and 5 are the days I typically fold. Odd, itā€™s not due to hunger or weakness etc., itā€™s always pressure or expectations from a family member and/or event. There really isnā€™t a lot of support or acceptance regarding fasting. I find that I frequently use the excuse that I donā€™t feel well in order to decline food/ which is not at all true. Itā€™s just easier than the truth. Pressing on.

5 Likes

Well done @molly_gonzales on day 4 . I can understand, hiding seems much more easy than causing them to concern and worry. Hopefully once this is all done you will have a celebration to urself with the amount of days you went on, the struggles u had to tackle ie temptations and the benefits of what fasting gave to you , and be like you know Iā€™m glad I did this and proud. A big pat on the back xšŸ˜„ ā€¦ and maybe u could prove to someone in ur family that this is actually a good beneficial thing ā€¦just maybe x .your doing so so well !

1 Like

Passed the 48 hr mark.

On Day 3, 61 hour in, 10 more hours to go to hit 72 hour mark!!!

My goal was to hit 72 hours but think I am going to go for another 24 hours.

Hope you guys are doing well!!!

My progress so far:

Start Weight: 182 lbs
Goal Weight: 150 lbs

May 29th Weight: 169.2 lbs
May 30th Weight: 167 lbs
May 31st Weight: 169.8 lbs
June 1st Weight: 164.8 lbs
June 2nd Weight: 163.2 lbs
June 3rd Weight: 161.2 lbs
June 4th Weight: 159.4 lbs

Down 1.8 lbs.

Total loss since May 29th: 9.8 lbs.

4 Likes

Day 1 finished. On to middle of day 2 . Its so hard oh my, also this anxiety is crippling but Iā€™m trying very hard to deal with it - this is where I take a look at what food I have and eat to distract my mind. But to be honest eating only distracts me for a short while then Iā€™m back to my emotions. I am glad Iā€™m being strict on myself. This journey is really about me controlling myself and gaining discipline. 6 hours until day 2 finishes x

3 Likes

Well done! Youā€™re doing great!

2 Likes

Thank you @Erin-Laura_Girling!!!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Today is my 4th day, I feel soooo energetic but mood swings are REAL. Iā€™m sleeping 4/2 hours a night So I ordered melatonin as I wanna REST. Not feeling hungry at all, the idea of food doesnā€™t attract me. Iā€™d just wish I could sleep better

3 Likes

oh 21 days sounds pretty cool, im on day 5 of a 30 day fast ( or till i lose around 8kilos) how much do you intend to lose ? ( if for weightloss)

2 Likes

Feeling pretty rough today. Iā€™m on day 5/7. I feel super sick, and really stiff all over. Any advice? Iā€™ve been using salt, taking magnesium, drinking loads of water, but nothing seems to be shifting it.

1 Like

@Erin-Laura_Girling, maybe try a zero calorie electrolyte powder???

Hope you feel better.

2 Likes

@Sol_Baldi, I suffer from major insomnia when I fast too. Even on Day 1.

The only thing that knocks me out is 50mg of Benadryl or diphenhydramine. Or sometimeā€¦ it doesnā€™t work at all for me.

I just have to ride along the wave of insomnia and understand that my body just has too much energy because thereā€™s no food to burn.

The one thing that I am grateful for is that after a restless night, I still have loads of energy to function for work.

Hope you get some sort of rest soon.

3 Likes

I past 72 hr mark last evening at 7pm. Will complete 86 hrs at 9am today, and will then break my fast.

My period started today and I usually donā€™t like to fast when having my period.

I lost in total of 11.8 lbs since Sunday!!! So happy with progress :partying_face:

Will continue to check in and cheer everyone on with this fasting challenge! Good luck to everyone who is still on their fast!!!

1 Like

Thank you. Hopefully it will pass. I donā€™t want to end early so Iā€™m going to try and keep pushing.

3 Likes

Well done! Thatā€™s amazing! 11.8 lbs is incredible. My monthly blessing (sarcasm :joy:) arrived this week too. That may be why I feel so shocking.

3 Likes

@Erin-Laura_Girling maybe its the detox symptoms ur experiencing which is good as it shows ur ur body is flushing out the bad stuff. But also as @Van suggested sounds very helpfull and something new so love to try that . Wishing you speedy recovery.

@Van congrats, you did it !! And the results wow!

Today I had moments were I went a little blank just for a few seconds . Took some himalayan salt that helped me so much. Trying take it slow especially moving. 5 more hours till day 3 done x

1 Like

Thanks @ashi_bt Iā€™m sure it is just all the nasties leaving my system. Iā€™m going to try to power through. Lots of places in England that sell electrolyte power suitable for fasting are closed and wonā€™t open until 15th due to Corona, so Iā€™ll scour the internet and see what I can find.

4 Likes

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Just checking in and hoping to start another 72 hour fast today at 7pm!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m new here but not new to fasting. Iā€™ve done two 7 day water fasts and been on OMAD for the past 3 months. Iā€™m ready for a 21 day water fast so I did the prep and today is day 1. I will be checking in daily for support and encouragement. Good luck everybody!

3 Likes

:fire::fire::fire: Welcome!! How is it going!