Jitsupa's Daily Journal 2021 Water Fasting

I have been trying to do prolonged fasting many times last year and I failed. The longest fast I did was 90 hours. I find it really hear when you have people around you that food is the main part of their life.

This year 2021, I choose to be strong and fasting is the first thing I want to achieve in January 2021.

My goal is to achieve 10 days of water fasting starting from 6th January. I will extend it if I can but the minimum days is 10 days minimum.

My WHY:

1. Reset my system
  2. Experience the power of manifestation
  3. Heal my legs pain at night
  4. Clearskin
  5. Clarity and calmness
  6. Improve my memories
  7. Better sleep
  8. Heal my food addiction
  9. Lose body fat

I am planning to do this every quarter and regularly I am going to do IF and OMAD daily. I will not limit myself to any particular diet, but I will eat whole food, which means I will cook my own food and cut processed foods. I will allow myself to have dessert occasionally like a birthday party or any celebrations.

4 Likes

I am 153 cm, 5"0
My start weight: 57.6 kg. (127 lbs.)
Body fat: 33.1%

My goal weight: 50 kg. (110 lbs.)
Body fat: 28%

I am starting to do fasting today. I supposed to do it on the 3rd January 2021 after my housemate’s birthday, but something came up. I also practise yoga every morning starting on the 1st of January with my housemate.
However, the reason that my body weight is quite high after the New Year is that I had ice cream nearly every day since Christmas :pleading_face: My usual weight is around 55 kg (121 lbs)

3 Likes

It’s an evening time and I feel weird about fasting.
I find it harder each time I want to fast. I have a crazy thought that I don’t want to torture myself and I supposed to eat, etc.
It’s only been 25 hours and I want to give up already :frowning:
I hope I will feel better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Keep at it… Its hard but you can do this !!

3 Likes

aww…Thank you! This mean a lot to me right now <3

2 Likes

Day 1 weight: 56.1 kg. (123.6 lbs.)
Body fat: 33.0%

I broke my fast in the afternoon. I feel bad but I know that I will be attending the January 7th water fasting so I will start all over again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

24 hours of fasting
Day 1 (start all over again) weight: 56.4 kg.
Body fat: 32.4%

There are a few times of the day that I tempted to eat something, but then I grabbed a cup of water instead. I am going to have a call at 8 PM and then try to go to bed early today to get through the evening.

However, it’s so weird that I have been sleeping a lot today not sure why.
Good thing is that I don’t have to work tomorrow and I can work on my side project or if I feel like sleeping, I can sleep all day.

3 Likes

41 hours of fasting
Day 2 weight: 55.3 kg.
Body fat: 32.4%
Have lost (from yesterday): 1.1 kg.

I understand that what I have lost today was just water weight. Today I find it easy, maybe it’s because I only do fewer activities. I forgot to mention that I practise yoga every morning around 30 minutes every day. I think it helps with my mood and emotion. I also take Biotin 10,000 mcg, Multivitamin, and vitamin D daily. I only water fasting this time though.

I still feel sleepy and want to sleep all the time. It’s a mid-day here now in Ireland. I am going to revise some knowledge of my job today.

2 Likes

64 hours of fasting
Day 3 weight: 54.7 kg.
Body fat: 32.5%
Have lost (from yesterday): 0.6 kg.

Today I find it difficult because I got dizzy in the morning, but I know it’s because my insulin dropped. However, I could still keep up with my morning routine which is yoga.

I decided to get some help by drinking the apple cider vinegar and saltwater. I also have a decaf coffee today, it makes me feel a lot better.

I look forward to the Zoom call tonight, it does really help with this time fasting :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

93 hours of fasting
Day 3 weight: 54.4 kg.
Body fat: 32.3%
Have lost (from yesterday): 0.3 kg.

Vitamins: Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Biotin, Magnesium.
Activities: Morning yoga (20-30mins).
Water intake: ACV+Himalayan salt, A squeeze of lemon.

I feel better today and from the metric, it looks like my fat% is starting to move. I also feel like at this stage my body has just started to use fat for the energy, and the first 3 days it was just water weight.

I aim to see my body fat to decrease to 28% or lesser. I might consider fasting longer than 7 days as planned. I will see how I feel about it first.

I miss eating but I don’t feel like it is necessary to eat. I think it is just a habit since we grew up that we always had to eat. Our mums love to feed us, eating has become a culture thing worldwide. Of course, we need to eat to survive but I don’t need that much food to survive. Most of the time I find we eat for pleasure not to survive.

I actually like day 4, it is a good day for me because I don’t feel dizzy and weak like yesterday.

However, I added a squeeze of lemon to my water just to taste something. I checked with the group and did some research, it is ok to drink it during fasting. It can be beneficial too.

112 hours of fasting
Day 4 weight: 54.0 kg.
Body fat: 31.9%
Have lost (from yesterday): 0.4 kg.

I am on my way to day 5, which I feel super great. I could not sleep last night though I felt like I had loads of energy. I guess it’s normal when your body starts to burn fat. I can see now that my fat% starts to move down. I don’t care so much about my weight to be honest.

I still hope though that when I achieved 10 days of fasting and I will reach my goal weight as well as the fat% :crossed_fingers:

It’s halfway now, I hope I feel this way until the day 10 :smile:

1 Like

139 hours of fasting
Day 5-6 weight: 53.2 kg.
Body fat: 32.2%
Have lost (from yesterday): 0.8 kg.

For some reason, my body fat % has increased, but I won’t worry about it too much. I know it can be up and down, probably today I lost water weight again. I notice that usually the water weight will decrease first and then fat% will follow.
However, I feel like refeeding myself with bone broth and broccoli soup :pleading_face:. I am not at my goal weight yet so I guess I have to be patient.

I think I need to fast for a few more days to reach my goal weight and then I can refeed.
Stay strong! :muscle:

144 hours of fasting and Refeeding
Day 7 weight: 52.9 kg.
Body fat: 31.8%
Have lost (from yesterday): 0.3 kg.

I refeeding yesterday after I achieved 144 hours of fasting, it’s the longest I have ever done. I am happy with what I did :smiley:
My weight and body fat% are still decreasing as I ate yesterday. I think the refeeding process is very important now.
Yesterday I boiled the broccoli in bone broth, I only had a quarter portion of the broccoli and around 1 and a half boiled eggs. I felt completely full after I had the food, I think my insulin resistant is fixed.

I will continue refeeding for the next 5 days with bone broth, vegetable, and easily digested meats. I think the weight will keep going down if I eat like this and I hope I will reach my goal weight eventually. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like